New faces

Doofer

It looks as though ICT are not going to be losing any of there big name players in the summer which is very good news but apart from hoolaghan and possibly Rankin is there any other area that needs strenthing and who whould the club have in mind?

Perhaps a loan signing from Sheffield United??

It was save us shelling out any transfer fee or wages...

We have already been told there are two players coming from Sheffield for a trial, whether or not its for a loan or permanent deal could depend how good they are.

Perhaps a loan signing from Sheffield United??

It was save us shelling out any transfer fee or wages...

We have already been told there are two players coming from Sheffield for a trial, whether or not its for a loan or permanent deal could depend how good they are.

todays paper says there coming on trial in pre-season

Even if the players come on loan we will still have to cover at least a proportion of their wages.

Not necessarily. We might be able to get a loan player in with his club still paying the wages.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are we so pally with Sheffield United all of a sudden? Or has this been the case for several years.

Does Sheffield think that our performance in the SPL deserves the nomenclature of "Gay Blades" I wonder? Or do they simply play with such gay abandon that they feel that only ICT of the SPL measures up to their style?

Sigh..it's so hard to write stuff when everybody else ins in their bed. :016:

Oh Well...." I say, Gaylord, will you bring me another toddy please, that's a good fellow".  Sigh..I think  I'll keep him on at  the Hall, he does a good turn I have to say that and he can liosten very well without giving old Scarlet a lot of cheek which helps I guess in this day and age... :003:

Why are we so pally with Sheffield United all of a sudden? Or has this been the case for several years.
Our chairman is good friends with one of their directors .... we have supposedly had an  'arrangement' with them for years but nothing has ever come of it until now

• 3 weeks later...

Well he may be old, cheps, but he still has a twinkle in his toes and also in his periwinkle.

The reference to gay to which you allude is far from what you lot might aver--i.e perhaps someone with energy and charm but carried off with aplomb--D'Artagnan of the 3 musketeers springs to mind. Or Erroll Flynn in his young day;well, that was long before he visited the "Only" fish and chip shop in downtown Vancouver and then went off to sleep with his 16 year old gal pal. Must have exhausted the poor lad 'cos he died that night .

The word blade was inserted 'cos in sheffield they make plenty of them for shaving  faces the old-fashioned way. Swords too I believe. Gawd this is tortuous--so we move naturally to anything else that will rhyme with that, such as Gaylord.....you lads really will have to try harder in the interpretation class of 2006. :015:

Thank you Scotty for explaining the situation  to this old lad who can even  remember cut-throat razors at Scotty  the Barber's shop in Greig Street. Fascinating stuff..... :sleep01: