Wilson: "Bring Back Robbo"

Renegade

I think the most encouraging quote in that piece is

He has a certain magic on the training ground where he seems to get the best out of players.

Robbo knows it....

Barry knows it....

The players know it..

A lot of supporters know it...

Robbo and Barry would be the dream team most likely to succeed in steering ICT clear of relegation...

What a pity, that due to some kind of petty, petulant squabble between Sutherland and Robbo, about 5 years ago, (which Robbo can't even remember) this idea - as far as the board is concerned is a complete non-starter....

He knows the league and he knows the players and what they are capable of. We could certainly do worse.

And we could certainly do a whole lot better. What has John Robertson done since leaving ICT? Get sacked a few times for not getting results.

Steven Pressley would bring some passion to the team as well as being an excellent manager. With Barry Wilson as deputy.

He knows the league and he knows the players and what they are capable of. We could certainly do worse.

And we could certainly do a whole lot better. What has John Robertson done since leaving ICT? Get sacked a few times for not getting results.

Steven Pressley would bring some passion to the team as well as being an excellent manager. With Barry Wilson as deputy.

To answer your question, Robbo steered Derry City away from a relegation place to a safe mid table position and won the FAI league cup.

What, with regard to management, have Steven Pressley and Barry Wilson done?

Edited by birdog

I think if you look back a few pages you will see a copy of a thread where John Robertson explained exactly what happened at every club he managed since leaving ICT. Hearts was an unfortunate one as it was the start of the Romanov era, but I think he's done a good job everywhere he has been.

I found his tactics good and he seems to be able to get the most out of the players and I'm pretty sure he would turn around any unrest in the dressing room with immediate effect. That in itself would be a huge boost. Get him in charge for Saturday - Away to Hearts - Karma!!!!

He lives in Inverness - so no travelling issues and he will be released with his employers blessing with immediate effect if he was offered the position.

I am really struggling to see the logic in bringing Bazza or Elvis as manager. You'd think folk would have learnt about bringing in inexperienced managers by now :rotflmao:

I'm sure they'd make great assistants but they're certainly not manager material yet.

He lives in Inverness - so no travelling issues and he will be released with his employers blessing with immediate effect if he was offered the position.

I'd love to see him in place for the Hearts game but he would have been contacted by the club by now, if he was going to be offered the position....

I'd love to see him in place for the Hearts game but he would have been contacted by the club by now, if he was going to be offered the position....

I don't think they will speak to him unless their 1st choice turns them down. I'm sure he'll be on the back burner though.

I don't think they will speak to him unless their 1st choice turns them down. I'm sure he'll be on the back burner though.

I think it will take more than their first choice to turn it down, but I hope you're right.

Barry Wilson has said this on the last 3 occasions now.

When Brewster first left he said this.

When Charlie Christie resigned he said it again.

And now that Brews got the boot he's made it a hat-trick.

Yeah because Steven Pressley sounds so passionate in his interviews..NOT

Sounds more of a thick fecker than Brewster the Bulb

I would have said Pressley expresses himself very well - also think he will be a successful manager some day.

Still worth considering him as player/manager here with an experienced assistant.

And I have heard from some people in the game Pressley is even more arrogant than Brewster

Edited by stevico1

And I have heard from some people in the game he is even more arrogant than Brewster

That's the last thing we want just at the moment !

He's anything but thick or arrogant.... brought up in Dalgety Bay, Fife... educated at Inverkeithing High School...

I kent his faither.... he was quite well known as a singer back in the 60's and 70's... :rotflmao:

He's anything but thick or arrogant.... brought up in Dalgety Bay, Fife... educated at Inverkeithing High School...

I kent his faither.... he was quite well known as a singer back in the 60's and 70's... :thumb04:

Only what I was told Johnboy and the same preson told me in same sentence that McGeady of Celtic and McGregor of Rangers were of the same mould so thought he must have been right :018: :rotflmao:

I tend to agree with those who believe thatyif Robbo was going to be the new man it would have happened by now.

The club are not jumping into anything without thought. They have advertised the position so its only right and fair that they complete the application process and give potential candidates the opportunity to sell themselves.

I think we'll see a Robbo / Wilson partnership.