Hearts -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great game. A player gets sent off when his team are 2-1 down in the 2nd half, but the 10 men somehow raise their game and grab a late equaliser to make it 2-2. But it's not over, and the 11 men get an even later winner.

No not today, but 13 months ago...............and the last time I saw ICT win!

Imrie surely was lucky not to be booked for kicking the ball off the spot.

Indiscipline like this, and McBain's today, can kill off this team. I hope the new Manager is a disciplinarian since it sounds like this is part of the reason for the problems at Tullochs-resistance and a n attitude against self-improvement. Truly players today are a spoilt lot.

I was not impressed by Black's comments that Brew forced them to train too much and "when you are fit you are fit". What a poor laissey-faire attitude from a so -called professional. Time he went or he might get a rude awakening under a new Manager and be left to languish in the weeds. I feel that the new Manager will be a "somebody" who will have definite ideas about how to succeeed and he will probably not be shy of coming down hard on prima donnas.He does not have time on his hands and is not here for the beer . He has to turn around a DIRE situation, that could and will ultimately prove to be very costly indeed for this club, very quickly. Time for the smart-alecs to wake up here.....! Have you seen the points total of ICT today in the table.. 'nuff said.

So, bow -locks. When you are fit you continue to strive for higher standards, including better/bigger musclulature and increased stamina...and IMHO a more positive professional attitude to Manageriall requirements to achieve success.

I take your point re Black's take on fitness but having said that I can tell you that I just heard from the horses mouth that everyone felt they had so much more energy today and one particular prolofic player said he felt physically great instead of the usual dead legs at the end of play!

Thats right...........the ref has cost us 8 defeats in a row.......not.

Anyway.........sounded like we gave it a go, despite going down to ten men........not like Roy McBain to get sent off wtf.

I am resigned to not getting any points until maybe the home game v United, a draw might get us started, anything v Celtic will be a bonus.

Please can we have a new manager in soon, thanx.

Aye, great photo, but he was sent off just after that for......mouthing allegedly.............

He was booked at the penalty incident.

Sent off seconds later for an incident..............as I said above, not the normal Roy McBain style. wtf

Aye, great photo, but he was sent off just after that for......mouthing allegedly.............

He was booked at the penalty incident.

Sent off seconds later for an incident..............as I said above, not the normal Roy McBain style. wtf

Yeh - match report states "Roy McBain, booked for conceding the spot-kick, continued his protests and was then handed a straight red card for remarks - thought to be foul language - to the fourth official."

A yellow and a straight red is not what you need with a new manager coming in....

Dreamers

Yes stress and unhappiness is a great limiter and depressant of energy resources. Tension tightens the muscles so that the energy does not flow as it should.

The burden of Brew must have been lifted today, apparently, witth the prospect of better times ahead.

Long may it continue and more joyous and rewarding time sahead.

IHE what do you see in the stars tonight. ? :rotflmao:

Thats right...........the ref has cost us 8 defeats in a row.......not.

Anyway.........sounded like we gave it a go, despite going down to ten men........not like Roy McBain to get sent off wtf.

I am resigned to not getting any points until maybe the home game v United, a draw might get us started, anything v Celtic will be a bonus.

Please can we have a new manager in soon, thanx.

Were you at the game? Clearly not. I'm not saying the ref has cost us the last 7 games but he had a shocker today.

Black should have been in the team today as a centre midfield pairing of Duncan & Mcbain has to be the weakest in the SPL :rotflmao:

McBain was left back. I though he was better than Hastings but it's irrelevant now as he's suspended. I also thought Duncan had a decent game.

Kalnietis..........................the game will be shown in it's fullness on one of the sky channels tonight........not sure if it is for broadcast outside of the UK BBC Alba channel 164 in the UK

andy pandy...........you are right, I was not at the game, my bad, the sentiment of the previous post led me to believe that we were the subject of abuse by the ref's for ever........................however, I will agree to your assumption of the referee's indiscretions if you can show/provide proof of the aforementioned malfunctions.

the best minute of my life: listened to dougie scoring a beauty in the last minute to salvage a point, and then hearing my comments read out on that 'final score' programme.

then the worst, kingston scoring in the last second destroying any hopes of any points and crushing the team once again. a point against hearts when down to ten men would undoubtedly have changed the season around completely with a new manager added to the mix as well. at least this gives some hope, only a good team can go away to hearts and push them all the way.

I was on the phone to my lad (to ill to go) telling him all about Imrie's goal when they went and fecking scored!!!

Absolutely gutted about the result, I thought we deserved a point. Some great stuff played by us, best I've seen for a long time.

Esson, Latvian, Tokely, Duncan, Vigurs, and Cowie were all outstanding.

Imrie surely was lucky not to be booked for kicking the ball off the spot.

Indiscipline like this, and McBain's today, can kill off this team. I hope the new Manager is a disciplinarian since it sounds like this is part of the reason for the problems at Tullochs-resistance and a n attitude against self-improvement. Truly players today are a spoilt lot.

I was not impressed by Black's comments that Brew forced them to train too much and "when you are fit you are fit". What a poor laissey-faire attitude from a so -called professional. Time he went or he might get a rude awakening under a new Manager and be left to languish in the weeds. I feel that the new Manager will be a "somebody" who will have definite ideas about how to succeeed and he will probably not be shy of coming down hard on prima donnas.He does not have time on his hands and is not here for the beer . He has to turn around a DIRE situation, that could and will ultimately prove to be very costly indeed for this club, very quickly. Time for the smart-alecs to wake up here.....! Have you seen the points total of ICT today in the table.. 'nuff said.

So, bow -locks. When you are fit you continue to strive for higher standards, including better/bigger musclulature and increased stamina...and IMHO a more positive professional attitude to Manageriall requirements to achieve success.

I take your point re Black's take on fitness but having said that I can tell you that I just heard from the horses mouth that everyone felt they had so much more energy today and one particular prolofic player said he felt physically great instead of the usual dead legs at the end of play!

so what does that tell you, once again

Absolutely cracking game. Comittment and desire from the players was second to none. Excellent performances all round. Hearts first goal was a definent foul on esson. Second goal who was meant to be marking the scorer the one and only David Proctor. The constant slagging beteween caley and hearts fans was brilliant. Caleys 2 goals were excellent. Didnt see the hearts last goal as i was to busy giving hearts fans the fingers. It's only a matter of time now until things start to change and seeing off celtic in style will be a great start.