Bring It On Home?

BMGF

I see there's already been some discussion of this song which, I gather, hasn't been regularly used for a decade or more.

Nevertheless, I've heard the whole thing here:

Edited by BMGF

??? ??? to the final whistle

"Give your all to the final whistle?" ????

And is it perhaps "doing it all for you"?

I'm not sure but I think that's what it might be but i haven't got a clue about the other bit, it's just too distorted.

Whilst I was writing Against All Odds (must have been Feb 1997) I was also the guest speaker at the ICT Supporters' Dinner Dance and was sitting beside David Balfe who wrote the song. I took the opportunity to get him to write out a couple of bars of words and music and sign them for use as an illustration in the book.

That song was a great bit of PR for Caley Thistle!"

Edited by Charles Bannerman

The sound quality was always a bit iffy.

It was definitely 'give it all' or 'give your all' but my tape isn't here at the moment.

Somebody borrowed it to digitise it but then she hasn't been at many games since Brew took over :015: ;) :lol::rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

"Give your all to the final whistle?" ????

I've listened a few times and I'm pretty sure that's right!

And is it perhaps "doing it all for you"?

I don't think it's the same every chorus.

I'm not sure but I think that's what it might be but i haven't got a clue about the other bit, it's just too distorted.

Whilst I was writing Against All Odds (must have been Feb 1997) I was also the guest speaker at the ICT Supporters' Dinner Dance and was sitting beside David Balfe who wrote the song.

It that this guy?

David Balfe - Wikipedia

Maybe he can reached by email?

a horrible song, and so glad they dont use it anymore, its so out of date.

David Balfe indeed wrote it, but not the David Balfe on BMGFs post.

I believe he co-wrote the song 'Beautiful Sunday' and was a member of a 'Brotherhood of Man' type group called Sunshine that appeared on Opportunity Knocks in the 1970's

I did post a thread some months ago about writing a new song for ICT to play, so im still planning on doing this at some point.

Edited by BornCaley

• 1 month later...