Rockness

Guest ictdave

:015: :015:  well i have just had a very quiet afternoon in work and read through this whole thread ( sad  i know) and found it pretty entertaining . surely music is horses for courses though ? one mans meat is another mans poision ?? if we all liked the same thing music would be pretty boring wouldnt it ??

to nick a quote from primal scream

Today on this program you will hear gospel,

And rhythm and blues, and jazz

All those are just labels

We know that music is music

oh and kaiser , hows it feel to be a " dance monkey "  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to suggest that Kaiser specifically was a 'dance monkey' but I can see where the confusion arose from. Music is very much in the eye of the beholder and I would certainly agree that if we all liked the same stuff it would be very boring. I think I inferred as much when I said that, by definition, alternative music is a bit different to the mainstream tastes. The main thing that got me was 'Rockness' not having any rock music! And then lil' ole Mee got on my case and all **** broke loose!  :015: Hopefully she's not run out of valium and can calm down a bit!  :001:

So now its my fault you're a ****?  :015: :015: :015:

Don't think so, take responsibility for your own words and actions, feckwit  :017:

Come on guys, no reason why a discussion/debate on music (or anything else for that matter) should have to resort to personal abuse/name calling.

It may not have been intended to be abusive and said in "jest" but keep in mind that such things very often come across wrong in typed word on forums, especially when the parties involved do not know each other very well.

Or if that doesn't work try the new forum function and click on the ignore button.

I agree Caley D.  There is no humour in a forum message so things can be taken out of context.  The use of smilies helps a bit, but sometimes it's difficult to tell whether or not someone is serious or if the post is tongue in cheek.

Anyway enough of all this music stuff anyway.  From tomorrow night normal service will be resumed and we can all go watch football.  Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects in the Innes on Saturday.

donald why dont you have an ignore button? :016:

I do, it's that little red cross in the top right corner  :016:

Going back to the subject of vinyl which was touched upon above, I have a shed load (literally) of the stuff from my DJing days.  I often find myself on the verge of selling it off, but then I change my mind when I start to think about the 15 years as a DJ during which I collected most of it and that it is something which I could almost certainly never replace.

If anyone has a spare £25,000 and wants to make me an offer for it I may be tempted though  :015:

Caley D, be careful about selling your vinyl, there's always something you sell only to regret it later...

Mantis, I don't know what it is about expats over there, I seem to collect them, now there's a collection I wouldm't regret losing  :001:

I'd forgotten about the ignore button, could only see a use for it when DIAL was psoting but thanks for reminding me!  :001: