Rockness

Guest ictdave

Guest ictdave

Anyone else going next Saturday.  I cant wait it should be brilliant.

Does anyone know all the acts who are playing ive only heard of a few acts so far

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive managed to scrounge a ticket so I'll be there  :003:

Rockness Official site

Apart from the man himself there's Carl Cox, Mylo and Slam, Audio Bullys, Cagedbaby, Xpress2, Scratch Perverts, Stanton Warriors and Linus Loves as far as Im aware. I'll be wearing blue fairy lights so look out for me!  :003:

Guest ictdave

ye thats the only people ive heard going just noticed theres a timetable in the Sunday Mail today

timetable

And theres also Fatboy Slim saying he wants it every year and that he thinks it will be the best gig hes been to

Fatboy Slim

He was freezing his nuts off at the photo shoot earlier in the year, my pal was there, apparently he never stopped smiling the whole time and went on at great length about how good a feeling he had about it.  Fair play to him! Im really looking forward to it, that timetable's handy, well found  :003:

Ermmm was going to go but couldnt get tickets grrrrrr so instead i have my local gala great stuff not so will be pissed here but might just have to go to town at night .

Still plenty tickets on the go.  There were more on sale last week.  Also a few for sale in Friday's Courier.  Ticket Master still had some last week and Mania had been allocated a few more.  So if you really want to go it could still be possible

I expect to be there a number of times  :015: :015: :015:

My Saturday night's work is starting at 9am  :010: :010:

Just a few pointers re transport (there should be announcements in the local papers and on MFR this week)

Pick up and drop of point close by for buses and taxis, so getting there by either means of transport will be no problem.  3 car parks - 2 of them quite a walk away, but they might be easier to get out of.

Due to finish at 11pm, but I suspect that it will probably run on and then there will be a rush to get to town before the curfew at midnight.  I know of a few people who have just decided to party on for a while and attempt to get back to town later.

We have been advised not to send taxis out immediately it finishes as there will be no room for us.  People in a hurry back to town should make their way to the shuttle buses as that will be the quickest option.  Once things calm down we will once again send taxis out.

You might find that some of the independant taxis will just form a mini rank in the pick up area which is fine.

As long as everyone is patient then everyone will get back eventually so just bide your time and enjoy.

MEE won't have a problem though - she'll be home with her cocoa long before anyone reaches Inverness  :003: :003:

I hope not, I'll be partying on! I've a wee rave away in the hills to go to afterwards, Fat Boy's just the warm up act!  :003:

Good for you - have a great day out.  It seems like the whole of Inverness is going. 

Hopefully we'll be busy ferrying people out at least.  The trains are fully booked with extra carriages added.  Should be a mad weekend in town.

BBC Rockness story

BBC Portrush story

"Drugs warning ahead of Rock Ness 

A senior police officer has warned there will be "robust" anti-drug policing at Saturday's Rock Ness music festival.

Superintendent David O'Connor urged the 20,000 people expected to descend on Dores on the banks of Loch Ness to enjoy themselves.

However, he said there could be problems with drugs and alcohol and warned of major traffic congestion.

Norman Cook, aka DJ Fatboy Slim, is one of the event's headline acts.

DJ Carl Cox and Skye-born Mylo will also be performing.

Supt O'Connor said the force had consulted the organisers of T in the Park music festival and Strathclyde Police, who have policed similar large events, because Northern had not had to handle anything of this scale or type.

The very location of this particular venue has created challenges for us and the organisers

Supt David O'Connor

While encouraging festival goers to enjoy themselves, he said: "We have a very robust drugs policy in place."

His warning follows the Isle of Skye Music Festival at Broadford on Friday and Saturday.

Police said 31 people were reported for possession of controlled drugs as well as a number of seizures of cannabis, ecstasy, suspected amphetamines and suspected cocaine.

There were also five arrests - two for alleged drink driving and three for disorder and violence. "

Violence? At a festival? Whats the world coming to?

Anyway, thought Id post this as its not often the police warn you of an upcoming raid!  :017:

31 arrested for possession of drugs? Maybe I should leave my avatar at home....

5 other arrests - 2 for drunk driving and 3 for disorder & violence - so all in all a really quiet night in Broadford, Skye....!!  :015: :015: :015:

The Isle of Sky Music Festival would be better.
didnt realise the TV company had bought an island ? or did the police just take away your "e"  :015: