Rockness

Guest ictdave

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a few stories about the horrendous toilet facilties at the venue, overflowing toilets,huge

queues, guys AND girls peeing anywhere, glasses of pysh getting thrown about... all that to see a guy playing records????..... must be my age :006:

Yes, it seems a lot of money to hear someone play some records.  Still, such events are good for the area and the more the merrier.

Was out fishing just west of Daviot on Saturday night from where you could hear it all clear as a bell.

Guest Lauraness

Heard a few stories about the horrendous toilet facilties at the venue, overflowing toilets,huge

queues, guys AND girls peeing anywhere, glasses of pysh getting thrown about... all that to see a guy playing records????..... must be my age :006:

That happens at ALL concerts....thats normal hahahahaha

eh? thats been common at donington for 20 years,nothing new there,thats the beauty of festivals :015:

You expect the loos to be minging and go prepared with wipes! It must be an age thing  :015:

Very strange Mee.. how did you learn to pee into a wipe??? must be an age thing!  :016:

There was a bunch of guys playing at Hampden on Saturday, collectively known as the Eagles.

Very controversial & very daring but they actually took musical instruments on to the stage with them, instead of their record/CD collection, and still managed to create some wonderful sounds and some amazing music.... The crowd loved it - they even used the toilets to pee instead of using wipes.....

I wonder if any of these weird ideas might catch on.....!!

I'm no fan of Fatboy Slim but as the Dude so eloquently puts it in The Big Lebobowski,

'I hate the f*cking Eagles, man'.  :015:

RiG coating off dance music is hilarious given most of the utter gash he lists on the laughable 'what are you listening to' thread. :001:

I'm no fan of Fatboy Slim but as the Dude so eloquently puts it in The Big Lebobowski,

'I hate the f*cking Eagles, man'.  :015:

RiG coating off dance music is hilarious given most of the utter gash he lists on the laughable 'what are you listening to' thread. :001:

I was thinking the same thing!

mee, no problem!

Open the page from the link, click thru the ad, enter the code into the box in the top right of the screen (you might have to close the wee pop up window to see it) then click "download" and wait 45 secs, then the button will say "click to download" and then you can choose where to save it to.  :003:

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I won't be looking forward to when I return home to the north is the generally sh!te availability of live music. The fact that 'Rockness' has attracted so much interest is testament to this. Last week-end I saw System Of A Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Black Label Society and Hatebreed live. All very accomplished musicians, SOAD especially. How could the rubbish that played at Rockness compete with this??

Cheers Hamish I've been dying to use this phrase (and cheers Steve Cougan)

I would rather lick p1ss off nettles than see any of that infantile rubbish on your list. Accomplished musicians my erse. Although you're almost right in as much as the total lack of a decent music venue prevents good bands coming to Sneck, even the line up for the new venue about to open is pretty dire.

You should hook up with RiG, he's got cr@p taste in music as well.

Mee, you're obviously too old to appreciate good music  :001: System Of A Down are without doubt (IMHO) the best band in the world right now. The vast majority of bands are so amatuerish in comparison it is embarressing. Seriously, regardless of your taste in music, I would defy anyone to go to a SOAD live gig and not come away very impressed.

Mee, being a very patriotic person, you are obviously a big runrig fan and seem unable to tear yourself away from the bagpipe and fiddle to the real world of music that Hamish is trying to unleash upon you. :016:

:015: :015: :015:

I just wanted to use the "lick p1ss off nettles" line

Have you been watching Saxondale TM4TJ? Think you'd like it, the music's from your era  :001:

Oh and runrig =  :toilet01: