Butcher is Boss

Renegade

I have never seen so much negativity over a manager's appointment at Inverness CT. I wasnt totally sure about his appointment but im more than willing to give him a chance. IMO if he is good enough for Scotland he must be good enough for us. Hopefully a new face will get the players fired up and out to impress.

The situation he was in at Motherwell was terrible and he came out of that not too bad!

I have never seen so much negativity over a manager's appointment at Inverness CT.

You never read these forums when Brewster came back then?

Undoubtedly time will tell Tel. Unfortunately we don't have much of that left thanks to the board taking too long to decide Brewster was inept.

But Butcher is a very high profile manager for a club of our standing. This can only be good for the club and our profile has never been higher since Feb 8th 2000.

Long live The Butcher.

I have never seen so much negativity over a manager's appointment at Inverness CT.

You never read these forums when Brewster came back then?

OK fair point but that was different as he had already been here and left, Terry Butcher hasnt even stepped foot into the dugout and there are people moaning about it. We need to give him a chance, we cant just write off the guy before we have played a game.

Leonard Cohen - The Butcher

I came upon a Butcher

He was slaughtering a lamb

I accused him there

With his tortured lamb...

Steve Miller - The Joker

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah

Some call me the gangster of love

Some people call me maurice

Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

Have to say Im fairly happy with the appointment. With the names linked he's defo one of the most high profile and has experience at top level teams.

I can totally understand why the board did not appoint Robbo. Im sure it just wouldnt be right to be seen to go back again. At least not with this appointment. In the future who knows..

As for Tel I was fairly impressed with his news conference. He speaks well and articulatly which is more than can be said for some. Spoke of every game being a cup final. Stressing how staying up will make team legends (which i agree with as it's, truth be told, a very tall order.) And i liked his quip on potential signings " Well it's not Kaka. And its not Kaka's brother either" Good sense of humour at least! well better than plank of wood brewster.

His record is ok. Didnt do brilliantly at either Coventry or Sunderland but that was years ago.

I thought he did an immence job at Motherwell under the circumstances. He lost nigh on 20 1st team players (including Mark Brown) and had to bring in the kids to keep the team afloat. He helped steady the ship and achieved fairly good finishes in his 4 year tenure. 4 years. I'd love to have a manager that long at ICT.

At Sydney it went sour when a director (also star of CSI or something) took immediate distaste to him. Pretty much wanted rid as soon as he was in the door. He didnt win the league but wasnt totally far of.

As for Brentford.... left after losing 7 games on bounce without scoring......

Hang on a sec :rotflmao:

Seriously though Brentford were pants and I think he's the right man, ahead of Robbo. And definately ahead of Knox and Sutton.

Good luck Tel! Please save our SPL status :thumb04:

Butcher does have a mixed record and his performance at Brentford together with the attitude towards him of the Brentford fans is a concern. Malpas too does not have a great record as a manager.

However the combination of Butcher as manager and Malpas as assistant does seem to have been a success at Motherwell who were very strapped for funds at that time. I'm also very encouraged by what he's said about the job in hand. He certainl;y talks a better game than Brwster !

Whether he would have been our personal choice or not he's now the manager and it's the duty of all true fans to get behind him and the team during the difficult times ahead.

Most managers have a mixed record to some extent. The important thing is that Butcher gives us a better chance of survival than his predecessor did and will hopefully kick a few backsides, wake a few players up and get us performing again the way we know we can. He knows the Scottish game well and this should be to our advantage. :rotflmao:

Guest Batfink

You poor poor people, we have had Malpas at Swindon for the past year and he is the worst I have ever seen, this guy shouldn't even be cleaning boots let alone having the title manager anywhere in his job description, I hope for your sake he has no influence on team selection and that Big Terry ignores all advice put forward.

You poor poor people, we have had Malpas at Swindon for the past year and he is the worst I have ever seen, this guy shouldn't even be cleaning boots let alone having the title manager anywhere in his job description, I hope for your sake he has no influence on team selection and that Big Terry ignores all advice put forward.

Hi Batfink... thank you for your comments on this club's managerial appointments.

How many managers have Swindon gone through in the past ten years?

If that club wasn't riddled with corruption from top to bottom and obsessed with fiddling HM Customs and Excise - they might just get somewhere....

Malpas will do just fine here.... thank you for your concern.

Hi Batfink... thank you for your comments on this club's managerial appointments.

How many managers have Swindon gone through in the past ten years?

If that club wasn't riddled with corruption from top to bottom and obsessed with fiddling HM Customs and Excise - they might just get somewhere....

Malpas will do just fine here.... thank you for your concern.

To be fair to Batfink, I'm mighty glad that Malpas isn't here as manager in his own right.

• 4 years later...