Butcher is Boss

Renegade

Why oh why do we have so much negativity. Give the guy a chance I say. He done ok at Motherwell. A team, at the time that was in dire straits and shedding players right left and centre. Butcher is a motivator. We have a decent squad of players. The two together could work very well. Lets just draw a line and get behind them all.

As for keeping us in the dark. What a load of codswallop. Do we expect the club to phone everyone and tell them whats going on. There will be a press conference arranged, probably at 2 pm today, where everything will be revealed. There is still a lot of speculation in the news reports so I'm happy to wait for the official report.

Hear hear. Having spoken to TB in the past, he does indeed know his football, and can maybe even coax a few decent players to come North for the rest of the season. Wouldn't take too much to add to what we already have to stay in the SPL.

If true and he has an 18 month contract, then from the boards point of view there are two possible scenarios:

1. He saves us from relegation this season and he will be offered an extended contract as reward.

2. We go down to div1 and he is expected to bounce us straight back up into the SPL and be rewarded with an extended contract, fail and by this time next year we will be looking for another manager.

Hopefully he fulfills scenario #1, he has his work cut out though to turn things around but the incentive is there for him to do it sooner rather than later.

Guest Caleylass

Clyde 1 just reported there will be a press coneference at 5pm today to announce Terry Buther as the new Manager for ICT and then he will announce Maurice Malpas as assistant.......

Why oh why do we have so much negativity

too right. i see the moaners have already started up, before the guy's in the job.

Agreed. Perhaps not the preffered choice but lets get behind him.

I just hope that he gives it everything.

I think the board have gone for the name rather than what's best for the club

Butcher will get my support but at least with Robbo we were assured a manager that wouldn't rest until we escaped relegation or were promoted back into the SPL. He has more knowledge than anyone on the team and will be remarkably cheaper than Butcher.....

I hope the board asked one very important question

"Terry, if we are relegated can we expect you to stay?"

What annoys me more than anything is that Butcher's media commitments could be a stumbling block... Robbo has also media commitments but you can be guarenteed that he would drop them in a second to fully commit himself to keeping ICT in the league

They possibly thought that it would reflect badly on the club going for another ex manager and we would be tagged as a small club with no ambition..... public opinion doesn't matter a jot in my eyes (maybe if we were in a more respectable decision) at the moment the one and only concern for board is whether this appointment will save us from relegation

unfortunately...... I don't think it will

extremely disappointed to be honest

Clyde 1 just reported there will be a press coneference at 5pm today to announce Terry Buther as the new Manager for ICT and then he will announce Maurice Malpas as assistant.......

Put back from 4 till 5 as Butchers flight doesn't arrive in Inverness till 3:20 :rotflmao:

Must be the first time in a while we've agreed on something Harry.

I think that's one thing we won't have to worry about. It's not just the future of ICT at stake here, but the future of Terry Butcher as a football manager.

I know some people have their doubts, but i'm sure we can put them aside and focus on supporting him as he tries to get us away from the bottom of the league.

He's got a nightmare start (Celtic home, United away) but we have to stick with him and the team regardless of what happens in those games and support them like never before for the rest of the season.

Guest Caleylass

Put back from 4 till 5 as Butchers flight doesn't arrive in Inverness till 3:20 :thumb04:

Must be the first time in a while we've agreed on something Harry.

tee hee :rotflmao:

Can i just say....Butcher will get my full backing if, as expected, he is unvieled as manager. I thought he did an excellent job at Motherwell under difficult circumstances.....and recall well playing good football. And at the end of the day...as long as i feel i have been entertained, i will be happy.

Guest Caleylass

I think that's one thing we won't have to worry about. It's not just the future of ICT at stake here, but the future of Terry Butcher as a football manager.

I know some people have their doubts, but i'm sure we can put them aside and focus on supporting him as he tries to get us away from the bottom of the league.

He's got a nightmare start (Celtic home, United away) but we have to stick with him and the team regardless of what happens in those games and support them like never before for the rest of the season.

Agree.... he has a tough time ahead...... and as said his reputation as a manager to take into consideration. Got to support him, I live down in the central belt and the impression from the media etc is we are the under dogs, remeber the Sunday mail at the beginning of the season were predicted by most of the pundents are to go down (aldegedly) we have to get behind the boys and pull ourselves off the bottom......

I hope that butcher has gave up his sentanta commitments to take on our job as if he is that desperate to get back into football management surely he can give up his sentanta role

His Scotland commitments arent too much of a problem as ICT wont be playing when Scotland are playing anyway and you never know with a manager with such a high profile we may be able to get a few decent players in :rotflmao:

Hi, Brentford fan here.

Terry Butcher was the worst manager we have ever had in my eyes. When he took over we had been relegated and he had 2 games to see which players he wanted to release and had plenty of time in the summer to get his own players in unlike the previous two managers.

He failed miserably with us. He stated it wasn't his job to motivate the players. He led us to our joint worst defeat and his tactics were awful. His assistant came in once he was sacked and with the same players our team looked much better.

I hope he has doesn't damage your club in the way he damaged ours.

Guest Brentfordfan

Oh my god, I'm sorry to say that he is the most useless and inept manager ever in my time of following Brentford. I've had 30 years of mostly rubbish but this man gave me a few months of stuff that actually made me laugh at my own team. We were 7-0 down in a game with 25 minutes once and I hoped for more goals to actually get him to resign, however it stayed at 7 and so did he.

His famous line amongst other silly ones was that it wasn't his job to motivate the team. :rotflmao:

We were going out of the league and into the conference under him and now look at us, 2nd in the league a year on. I do come in peace but how this man gets jobs is beyond me.

I hope that butcher has gave up his sentanta commitments to take on our job as if he is that desperate to get back into football management surely he can give up his sentanta role

His Scotland commitments arent too much of a problem as ICT wont be playing when Scotland are playing anyway and you never know with a manager with such a high profile we may be able to get a few decent players in :rotflmao:

The most high-profile player he got for us was Simon Brown. I wonder if a reunion is planned.

why oh why are people on here so damn negative. the guy hasn't even been officially announced as manager and some people already have him down as a failure!

i personally think that a guy of Butcher's stature will be brilliant for our team. we are a small club with players who will most likely look up to someone like Butcher.

some players may even see this as a possible way of getting into the scotland set up, so will try even harder!

unfortunately after butcher's comments a couple of weeks ago about Black and his pca, i fear he may never play for ICT again.

Very disappointed that Maurice Mal-pass is coming. Crap player, crap manager.

Not entirely happy about Butcher but maybe he will come good with all the contacts he must have from all the jobs he has had.

Our team played well against Hearts and if they can keep that momentum going then we ain't getting relegated.

No matter who the manager is we all need to get behind the team - just don't stand up or get excited at the games - the stewards don't like it. Unless you are away supporters of course.

I am HUGELY optimistic!

We're not going to fail, he will not fail us!

If anything is the down fall of ICTFC it is the players, they aren't the team they used to be, lack motivation/seem to argue more/seem to think they are better than they are. It could be argued that this was the fault of Brewster, I hope so because then no matter who comes in the guys will do a GREAT job!

Guest Brentfordfan

Can i just say....Butcher will get my full backing if, as expected, he is unvieled as manager. I thought he did an excellent job at Motherwell under difficult circumstances.....and recall well playing good football. And at the end of the day...as long as i feel i have been entertained, i will be happy.

Coventry, Sunderland and Sydney fans hate him, they were all over us telling us about his 4-5-1 negative football but we had the old "You're Aussies and what would you know" superiority mentality and that Cov and Sunderland was years ago. You will probably feel the same with League 2 fans on here but he is hated by us which is a shame as he was a damn fine player and probably a decent fella.