FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

.dat Files

Heilandee

For some time now folk have been sending .DAT files which i have been unable to open , never really been a bother as it's usually junk or joke stuff , but have now had to ask a couple of business correspondences to resend as word as i am unable to open.Anyone any ideas, do i need to down load software or what?

cheers

Alanmac

Aye, it's actually Winmail .dat thats giving me the problems,they are data fikes which attempt to open in notebook but come out in the main as gobbeldygook with the occasional word of text readable.The following is what yer link says, but how do i get round it, is it coz i'm with AOL the prob occurs?

"Winmail.dat files contain formatting information for Rich Text (RTF) messages sent from Microsoft Exchange Server; they are added to the end of e-mails when a recipient's e-mail client does not support RTF messages; the Winmail.dat file is not useful to users that do not use Outlook or Exchange Server to retrieve their mail."