Why Did Everyone Hate Malky Thompson?

Renegade

I have met him, as a couple of posters will testify, and I found him to be a very nice guy. Plied us with ICT gifts. Went off him when he wouldn't let us travel on the team bus though.

I also met Malky a good few times and while not commenting on his coach abilities I also found him to be a nice guy.

Met him a couple of times and had no problem with him ... In fact, during his and CB's first stint at ICT, he went out of his way to hang around and have a chat with me when I was down at the stadium for a meeting with Mike Smith.

Neither Brewster or Malky were ogres as people the problem was that togetrher they simply made a very poor management team.

Spot on. I also think that hate is too big a word - frustrated and pisssed of yes. I would have been happy with a sourfaced, miserable ******* as long as they could manage and coach.

It seems over the last few months, every man and his dog hated Malky Thompson. Why?

[Try Again!]

The first time we played his old team, he spent what time should have been used for our warm up, just waving at the opposition players. Only one {Klos] shook his hand.

Told you everything from the start.

Never met MT myself but a good friend of mine played under him in the Rangers Youth set up and rated him as the worst coach he had ever had. Totally clueless, training would usually revolve around the same set of exercises and drills and an awful communicator.

There was apparently an incident when Rangers kids played Aberdeen at Pittodrie and one of the Rangers players made a run at a throw in behind the defence to receive the throw. MT went crazy on the touch line, screaming at the player to get back on-side, before one of the parents in the crowd pointed out that you can't be offside at a throw in... :rotflmao:

I think one of the problems with the Brewster/ Malky combination is that most successful rookie managers have an experienced assistant whereas in Brewster and Thomson we had two people who were equally inexperienced in their respective roles.

In my view it's no coincidence that our form deserted us and results began to turn once Donald Park departed and was replaced by Malky.

It seems over the last few months, every man and his dog hated Malky Thompson. Why?

If you'd ever had the pleasure (sic) of meeting him you'd soon realise , absolute erse of a man .

Kick a man when he's down why don't you!

Lovely guy. Great enthusiasm. What he may of lacked in experience, he made up for with a bubbly, positive attitude.

Alex Mcleish gave him jobs at Hibs then Rangers, so cant be all that bad.

Hopefully he will go on to find another youth development job, where he excelled. Less pressure, and less chance of the sack...again!