Don Cowie

nak108

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw his goal on The Championship on ITV1 this morning. Beat the offside trap and nutmegged the keeper. Cracker ! Good luck to Don for the future - he could go far.

:thumb04: :018: :rotflmao:

On the subject of the Championship itself, I think it gets a bad press from the English media who are obsessed by the Premiership big clubs. You see honest to goodness football and some really good goals there and far fewer cheating prima donnas.

Brendan Rodgers on Don Cowie after the Palace game:

"He's the type of player I like, I like that mixture between artists and soldiers, and he's an artist and

he's a very very good footballer, he can play in a number of positions, technically he's strong, he's

got a good touch, he's got an idea of the game, he doesn't get rid of the ball, he passes it which for

me is very important, tactically he understands what I'm trying to do because he can play in a

number of positions, he's played wide on the right, he's played wide on the left but he can also

operate in a three or a diamond inside so he's going to be tactically very good for me. Physically

you can see he can run, he's a good athlete, he can get about the pitch and psychologically I like

him because he's professional, he comes in every day and football's his life and he comes in with

big concentration to work and work well and scored a real good goal and set up the second one

so a very good contribution."

:rotflmao:

Brendan Rodgers on Don Cowie after the Palace game:

"He's the type of player I like, I like that mixture between artists and soldiers, and he's an artist and

he's a very very good footballer, he can play in a number of positions, technically he's strong, he's

got a good touch, he's got an idea of the game, he doesn't get rid of the ball, he passes it which for

me is very important, tactically he understands what I'm trying to do because he can play in a

number of positions, he's played wide on the right, he's played wide on the left but he can also

operate in a three or a diamond inside so he's going to be tactically very good for me. Physically

you can see he can run, he's a good athlete, he can get about the pitch and psychologically I like

him because he's professional, he comes in every day and football's his life and he comes in with

big concentration to work and work well and scored a real good goal and set up the second one

so a very good contribution."

:rotflmao:

...and then in his second season...

Guest Superhorns

what was the score??

who were they playing??

3-2 win away at Charlton

Another well taken goal from Don.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Watford 3-2 Charlton :rotflmao:

Watford should have ran all over them i've seen charltons last few games and there def going to be a league 1 team next season

• 4 weeks later...

Chipper scores again....a header!

Unfortunately he got injured during the first half as well with an ankle knock but hopefully he'll be alright for our next game on tuesday.

He's now contributed to 5 goals in 10 games.

Great player who has Goals,Assists,Work Rate and Ability.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Sounds as though a Scotland call up is not to far round the corner for Chipper.

Remeber its George Burley in charge he'll prob pass him :rotflmao: