Don Cowie

nak108

Hello Watford fan in peace here and was wondering about Don Cowie. He has apparently just signed a pre-contract with us and will join in the summer.

Any info on him? what position? what type of player? hard-worker? etc.

Thanks

nak108

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he can play right wing, left wing and in the centre of midfield. Was also pretty good at the start of last season but somethimes goes a bit off the boil. Not a bad player though and was captain of Ross County.

Hello Watford fan in peace here and was wondering about Don Cowie. He has apparently just signed a pre-contract with us and will join in the summer.

Any info on him? what position? what type of player? hard-worker? etc.

Thanks

nak108

Easily Caleys best player! Class act in my opinion! He's a great passer/crosser, great engine from midfield - very attacking and scores goals; was joint top goal scorer from midfield in the SPL in 07/08 season. He has scored 3 this year with a good few assists.... Will certainly adapt to new level down their with better and more creative players, who will be able to pick out his intelligent runs! A quality signing for you if true?

A massive loss for Caley if he goes? Gutted!

Watford!!!! for fecks sake, it'll no be for the scenery then, just shows every gudgie has his price eh.

He's been pysh this season although he could have been an ICT legend but, we are better of without him if his mind is elsewhere.

Great in the first season, not worthy of the jersey in the second just about sums it up. Known to us as an attacking midfielder (centre and right, mainly) but known to Ross County as a defensive midfielder. Could be a bargain but needs to get a bit more focussed than he is right now.

hope the move to Watford doesnt materialise as he's is a cracking player on his day but if it does any chance we can have a striker in return? preferably one that can score goals

Steve Kabba? Moses Ashikodi? have them two if you want :rotflmao:

hope the move to Watford doesnt materialise as he's is a cracking player on his day but if it does any chance we can have a striker in return? preferably one that can score goals

Steve Kabba? Moses Ashikodi? have them two if you want :thumb04:

having not have seen either player play i can only assume your smiley is to imply that they are mince! :rotflmao:

Moses Ashikodi was at rangers iirc, didnt get a sniff at the first team though. Kabba, from his wiki page looks like a lot of clubs and not a lot of goals!

having not have seen either player play i can only assume your smiley is to imply that they are mince! :rotflmao:

Moses Ashikodi was at rangers iirc, didnt get a sniff at the first team though. Kabba, from his wiki page looks like a lot of clubs and not a lot of goals!

You are correct, they are both way down the pecking order here and we tried to offload them in the summer but were only able to get them out on 6 month loan deals so now they're back here

p.s please take them :thumb04:

You are correct, they are both way down the pecking order here and we tried to offload them in the summer but were only able to get them out on 6 month loan deals so now they're back here

p.s please take them :rotflmao:

Maybe we could do some kind of swap deal here....

Have you heard of Rory McAllister?

p.s please take them :rotflmao:

Maybe we could do some kind of swap deal here....

Have you heard of Rory McAllister?

Judging by the amount of games he has played for you I would say he's very poor :thumb04:

Anyway, Is Cowie left or right footed? and does he work hard?

thanks

He can't kick with either foot and is a right lazy blighter.

Coulnae tackle a fish supper, useless in the air and can't pass water.

Don't know why anybody would ever want to sign him.

Superb last season, but just hasn't looked interested this year. That's probably been more to do with him being fecked off with tactics, what his role is, where he's supposed to be playing.....our previous manager in other words.

Personally I'm pleased he's heading south, and not to one of our rivals. I've no doubt he has the ability to succeed down there, and wouldn't be at all surprised if he went onto bigger and better things.

Edited by davieB

Good luck to him, I say. He is a good player and deserves a chance in England. He hasn't been as good this season as last but was superb on Saturday - great delivery into the box. I hope he stays and plays out of his skin for the next 15 games, he'll be an asset if he does.

Did Moses Ashkodi not get slung out of Millwall for stabbing one of his team-mates?