Jim Paterson & Steven Smith

kencar

If im right in thinking these are both potential loan moves then it can't happen.

Paterson is 29 and Smith is 23. SPL rules say you can't more than one player over the age of 21 on loan am i right?

I believe thats why Yantornos move to Hamilton fell through today.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

Chris Harvey the STV Sports presenter on North Tonight said not to be surprised to see Brian Kerr signed up before Sunday or Monday, so i assume he'll sign for us then. Butcher knows that a lack ok firepower is reason we are at bottom so good on him adding and looking at signing forwards/Strikers.

bbc report smiths loan to st midden collapsed :rotflmao:

we may get our man yet unless someone else jumps in too

According to my girlfriend the smith deal to st mirren has collasped for the same reason that the yantarno deal fell through as St Mirren have Scott Cuthbert on loan who is 21 so that would mean over 1 player aged 21 from an spl team

I don't think we would be discussing taking Steven Smith on loan if Thierry Gathuessi and Filipe Morais were already on loan, according to wikipedia and my Hibs supporting friend both were released from there deals which expired this summer so they could join ICT, similar circumstances to Richie Forans move here as well.

as long as smith isnt like the last rangers player we had on loan we,ll be fine

holding onto cowie is a joke ! how can fraser think it's good for the club ? or for the player ? the fans know that they could get at least 2 quality players for the price they have been offered for cowie, but no no they will pay him to the end of season to sit on the bench same as blackie, the club say they are good to there players ???? any player thinking of playing for us would have second thoughts if the club holds back players trying to make the most of there short time playing the game we all love........ FOOTBALL !!!

Chris Harvey the STV Sports presenter on North Tonight said not to be surprised to see Brian Kerr signed up before Sunday or Monday, so i assume he'll sign for us then. Butcher knows that a lack ok firepower is reason we are at bottom so good on him adding and looking at signing forwards/Strikers.

I think it's our very leaky defence is the reason we're bottom. Defensive solidity is what made us a safe SPL team over the past years. Tight at the back, well organised, hard to beat, sneaking a goal and holding on to a lead.

This season, that's gone. We have scored a similar number of goals to the rest of the bottom 6, yet they all have lots more points.

St Mirren have scored 4 less than us, but are 8 points clear. They've conceded 14 less than us. Yes, they're dull as dirty dish water, but they're starting to look safe.

Edited by samuelbarros

Out of all of the ex-Motherwell plays ICT have been linked with/signed Jimbo is by far and away the best of them.... aslong as you play him at left back. Fantastic with us. And you still here people wishing he would come back

no way caley cant afford a fly am a rangers fan he never join yas hes just back from injury and he way better than the whole caley squad

Sorry what?

Something about Caley (who no longer actually exist for one) not being able to purchase a small flighted insect (not sure we'd want too to be honest) Also is that the whole Caley squad put together or just better than each individual.

Im not saying your gramma should be perfect, but jeez, the occasional comma and full stop would be nice!

Oh and i'd take Smith and Paterson.

However we've just signed Foran and he's left sided also. Are we that weak on the left?

as long as smith isnt like the last rangers player we had on loan we,ll be fine

holding onto cowie is a joke ! how can fraser think it's good for the club ? or for the player ? the fans know that they could get at least 2 quality players for the price they have been offered for cowie, but no no they will pay him to the end of season to sit on the bench same as blackie, the club say they are good to there players ???? any player thinking of playing for us would have second thoughts if the club holds back players trying to make the most of there short time playing the game we all love........ FOOTBALL !!!

I was also of the opinion that we should take the cash and let Cowie go now. However, I have been led to believe it's not as simple as that.

Seemingly, it's not our call. Cowie can simply refuse to move till the summer and we get frack all. A poster suggested he would do this to allow himself time to sell house, buy house.. etc.

I hate these pre contract agreements!

Edited by kiltarlity

Smith would be a great signing IMO, before he got injured he was showing the potential to be a full international and finally a left back to challenge Naysmith's guarenteed place in the scotland starting lineup

Paterson, is equally a very capable player... did well at Motherwell but hasn't really done much since he moved away