Loads Of Noise!

MrsICTFC

I can't make Celtic game :rotflmao: but I would like to get some backing that all you fans going will make some noise and support ICTFC!! Noise levels have been seriously pants these past few months, it's like being at a funeral not a football match!

Cheer the boys on like never before!

Come on ICTFC!!! :thumb04:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game today and to be honest the lack of singing or just basic encouragement was embarrasing compared to the away support who sung from start to finish.

I used to go to the caley games home & away before the merger and considering the much smaller attendances there was loads of singing, and the players used to tell us it made a huge difference to them, so can anyone explain why there is such a lack of passion now?

After so many years in the wilderness i am planning to start going much more frequently, and i think Terry Butcher can make a big difference but they need to hear the encouragement from the terraces (and i don't just mean the odd "caley, caley" every 20 minutes or so)

Although only watching on TV today all I could hear from the away end was the boring chant of boruc all game

I was at the game today and to be honest the lack of singing or just basic encouragement was embarrasing compared to the away support who sung from start to finish.

I used to go to the caley games home & away before the merger and considering the much smaller attendances there was loads of singing, and the players used to tell us it made a huge difference to them, so can anyone explain why there is such a lack of passion now?

After so many years in the wilderness i am planning to start going much more frequently, and i think Terry Butcher can make a big difference but they need to hear the encouragement from the terraces (and i don't just mean the odd "caley, caley" every 20 minutes or so)

What game where u watching? I dont really remember hearing "them" singing at all in the 2nd half

Oh dear!.....if you thought that was quiet wait until you attend a normal game!

aye same

hardly heard anything from them whatsoever

probably cause I was getting right into a bit of shouting myself.

even the main stand started singing at one point!

good to see the prawn sandwich brigade are still alive.

Im sure they even started a song at one point

To give you an idea of what we have to endure in the Main Stand:

From my seat I can see at least twelve people who look like they've never shouted in their lives.

I can see another dozen who look like they'd give Chisholms some business if they shouted.

Another two sixes look like they'd like to shout but are feart of the first twelve.

The elderly lady in front of me (yes madam, I am the horrible person in row N, seat 6) once told me off for saying 'bloody' three times in quick succession of a Saturday afternoon, presumably to protect her grandson's delicate sensibilities. He looks about 15, by the way, and probably thought I was a Church of Scotland Minister because I didn't swear properly.

Today she and (perhaps) her daughter had a wee exchange basically complaining that the person behind was rather loud, much rubbing of delicate wee ears and shaking of heads.

This is why the Main Stand is how it is. Until this Silent Generation goes to its grave, and its loveless gaze with it, the atmosphere will always be horrendous. They should have a decibel level that you have to meet when you buy a season ticket. Or at least a warning sticker to alert you to the fact that you're going to a bloody ******* ****** ******** football match and not a tea party.

Oh well...

Edited by 4ize

Thats how caley stadium is in general im afraid

i wish everyone would sing, all we get when we start a song is about 20 people joining in or people sitting in front of us to turn round and decide to watch for the duration of the song.

bring on the away games where at least half of the people who go will sing and give backing

i wish everyone would sing, all we get when we start a song is about 20 people joining in or people sitting in front of us to turn round and decide to watch for the duration of the song.

bring on the away games where at least half of the people who go will sing and give backing

While we're on the subject, does anyone know where the 'We Want More' man went? Is he ok, still alive, supporting Elgin or pushing up daisies? I'd planned to join him but he's not been seen all season.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know where the 'We Want More' man went? Is he ok, still alive, supporting Elgin or pushing up daisies? I'd planned to join him but he's not been seen all season.

Was that the brilliant old man who had a section all to himself and used to sing songs all on his own? What a lagend that man was/is...

Of all those you used to hear singing at the Caley games, how many did you see at the game today? You would have seen many more old school Inverness fans in the away end. No matter what anyone says, this lost generation was a massive loss to the merged club.

What game where u watching? I dont really remember hearing "them" singing at all in the 2nd half

well i saw most of the 2nd half on tele and i certainly heard the celtic fans singing in the 2nd half

aye same

From my seat I can see at least twelve people who look like they've never shouted in their lives.

I can see another dozen who look like they'd give Chisholms some business if they shouted.

Another two sixes look like they'd like to shout but are feart of the first twelve.

The elderly lady in front of me (yes madam, I am the horrible person in row N, seat 6) once told me off for saying 'bloody' three times in quick succession of a Saturday afternoon, presumably to protect her grandson's delicate sensibilities. He looks about 15, by the way, and probably thought I was a Church of Scotland Minister because I didn't swear properly.

Today she and (perhaps) her daughter had a wee exchange basically complaining that the person behind was rather loud, much rubbing of delicate wee ears and shaking of heads.

This is why the Main Stand is how it is. Until this Silent Generation goes to its grave, and its loveless gaze with it, the atmosphere will always be horrendous. They should have a decibel level that you have to meet when you buy a season ticket. Or at least a warning sticker to alert you to the fact that you're going to a bloody ******* ****** ******** football match and not a tea party.

Oh well...

aye same

Oh well...

That's a quality post, exactly the way i see it with disgusted looks if you dare to shout too much or even worse (god forbid) SWEAR!

Believe me it would not take too many people to start an atmosphere if they were persistant enough if there are enough people out there willing to make a noise for most of the game then we can become a "proper" support.

Hence the reason we need a singing section or a "express your own views and its allowed " section

Was that the brilliant old man who had a section all to himself and used to sing songs all on his own? What a lagend that man was/is...

Yep, that's the man. Anyone know where he went, if he's alright?

I hate fans that go to football matches and frown upon those that dont sing. Im fine with those who choose to watch the match simply for the football, they've paid and are well within their rights to. They are there in support by paying for a ticket etc.

BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE IT'S FOOTBALL. Singing is part and parcel. I was there today, with a couple of mates and by god when we started singing the frowns we got from old timers could have killed us, if looks could.

I wish these old b******s would stop ruining the game. Fans are meant to vocally support their team and it is an embarressment when fans dont sing. I go to 2-4 games a season, so i wont have some jumped up old biddy telling me i cant sing.

We need to start making a noise at home as well as away, especially considering our position in the league, come on, fans are the 12th man. People need to understand that. :rotflmao:

Where in section H of the North stand if you go further than 'Caley' or 'Stand up for the caley Jags' you get almost dirty looks.

The atmosphere was typified at the Partick game when after celebrating the first goal we have scored to put us into the lead for goodness knows how long one woman on section J was staring at me and our group for our celebrations.

It's impossible to build any kind of atmosphere in those surroundings.

How can this change?

Those that want to sing are spread out in amongst those that believe singing is a fecking sin.

Edited by martinskye

well until football sees some sense and realises that well controlled terraces that have specific limits never to be exceeded the atmosphere at most grounds will continue to be terrible. I think it is terrible the looks some people give you for supporting a club that they too supposedly support.

I have no problem with people who choose not to sing but those who try to stop others from doing it just annoy me. When will they learn its football if they want a quiet game game where everyone sits quietly and don't sing go watch some cricket.

Caley did make an attempt with the signing section but until they put a roof over it nobody will use it so it is a bit pointless until we do this.

This lack of atmosphere will continue to be aproblem until i think terraces are allowed back to let people stand at a game then we will see a real change.

Oh well...

It's been said 100 times before but perhaps not so graphically. Good post!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Oh well...

:rotflmao: so true...it was like that last season for me

Guest Muir-Jaggie

A lot of those people you's refer to are not against the singing. What they are against is 20 verses of 'Boruc is a w****r'. Sing the songs without the abuse and the wee old men and wifies will enjoy it.

everyone nos that theres swearing at football games if they dont like it they shouldnt be there

aye same

Oh well...

Oh well then - what would we all do without such an upstanding supporter such as you. Go get your nappie changed and get someone to take you to the "family section" :rotflmao: