Loads Of Noise!

MrsICTFC

A lot of those people you's refer to are not against the singing. What they are against is 20 verses of 'Boruc is a w****r'. Sing the songs without the abuse and the wee old men and wifies will enjoy it.

everyone nos that theres swearing at football games if they dont like it they shouldnt be there

And if they weren't there there'd be 20 home fans in the stadium. Yes we all know we'll swear or hear swearing. thats not the objection. The objection is the sort of example I gave earlier.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give you an idea of what we have to endure in the Main Stand:

From my seat I can see at least twelve people who look like they've never shouted in their lives.

I can see another dozen who look like they'd give Chisholms some business if they shouted.

Another two sixes look like they'd like to shout but are feart of the first twelve.

The elderly lady in front of me (yes madam, I am the horrible person in row N, seat 6) once told me off for saying 'bloody' three times in quick succession of a Saturday afternoon, presumably to protect her grandson's delicate sensibilities. He looks about 15, by the way, and probably thought I was a Church of Scotland Minister because I didn't swear properly.

Today she and (perhaps) her daughter had a wee exchange basically complaining that the person behind was rather loud, much rubbing of delicate wee ears and shaking of heads.

This is why the Main Stand is how it is. Until this Silent Generation goes to its grave, and its loveless gaze with it, the atmosphere will always be horrendous. They should have a decibel level that you have to meet when you buy a season ticket. Or at least a warning sticker to alert you to the fact that you're going to a bloody ******* ****** ******** football match and not a tea party.

Oh well...

It's been said 100 times before but perhaps not so graphically. Good post!

Well, cheers. The intent wasn't to upset the lady in question (Mrs. 4ize thinks I was a bit blunt) - as Pompey points out, she's every right to sit on her hands and keep stum, or to tell me if she doesn't like what I do - or even to single her out, because she's far from being alone, but to illustrate this gulf of expectation there seems to be between older and younger (ahem, ish) fans. There's a contingent which I'm afraid is killing the game not just for me but for kids as well.

There are a good few youngsters dotted around me - like the silent young man in front - who are getting the message that at this social occasion, which used to be everyone's way of letting off steam with a tirade at the ref or a singalong with your pals, you have to sit in silence. Polite applause is the limit. Really mild swearing - of the kind you get in a Harry Potter book - is off limits. The same people who mump and moan about kids with ASBOs and kids with no respect are glaring and stewarding them away from a place where it used to be ok to be as loud as you liked. I used to try to persuade my boy to ditch the PlayStation and come to games with me: now I'd hate to take him to a place where he might get scowled at for providing vocal support.

Until these folk either waken up to the times or move on, we're in for more of the same for a long time yet.

aye same

hardly heard anything from them whatsoever

probably cause I was getting right into a bit of shouting myself.

even the main stand started singing at one point!

good to see the prawn sandwich brigade are still alive.

Im sure they even started a song at one point

From my seat I can see at least twelve people who look like they've never shouted in their lives.

I can see another dozen who look like they'd give Chisholms some business if they shouted.

Another two sixes look like they'd like to shout but are feart of the first twelve.

The elderly lady in front of me (yes madam, I am the horrible person in row N, seat 6) once told me off for saying 'bloody' three times in quick succession of a Saturday afternoon, presumably to protect her grandson's delicate sensibilities. He looks about 15, by the way, and probably thought I was a Church of Scotland Minister because I didn't swear properly.

Today she and (perhaps) her daughter had a wee exchange basically complaining that the person behind was rather loud, much rubbing of delicate wee ears and shaking of heads.

This is why the Main Stand is how it is. Until this Silent Generation goes to its grave, and its loveless gaze with it, the atmosphere will always be horrendous. They should have a decibel level that you have to meet when you buy a season ticket. Or at least a warning sticker to alert you to the fact that you're going to a bloody ******* ****** ******** football match and not a tea party.

Oh well...

Oh well then - what would we all do without such an upstanding supporter such as you. Go get your nappie changed and get someone to take you to the "family section" :rotflmao:

Sorry, you lost me there..?

aye same

Oh well...

Oh well then - what would we all do without such an upstanding supporter such as you. Go get your nappie changed and get someone to take you to the "family section" :rotflmao:

Not surprised. Why not give these people a break then and move to another f@#*&?g section!

A lot of those people you's refer to are not against the singing. What they are against is 20 verses of 'Boruc is a w****r'. Sing the songs without the abuse and the wee old men and wifies will enjoy it.

Quite right Alex, but I'm not even talking about singing, just shouting "Come on Inverness" gets you some funny looks. The Celtic game was the first time for ages I've gone home hoarse, but I went home hoarse and feeling like I'd done something wrong shouting for my team. It's a shame.

Quite right Alex, but I'm not even talking about singing, just shouting "Come on Inverness" gets you some funny looks. The Celtic game was the first time for ages I've gone home hoarse, but I went home hoarse and feeling like I'd done something wrong shouting for my team. It's a shame.

When I shout and scream the same its usually opposition fans who turn and glare............then they remember what stand there in.

aye same

Oh well...

Not surprised. Why not give these people a break then and move to another f@#*&?g section!

I'm guessing that you're one of those people. You know where I am, talk to me next home game. You'll be surprised how reasonable I am when people aren't complaining about the way I support our team. Or when I'm not complaining about the complaints.

I'm not sitting here trying to find reasons to have a pop at people, I just want ICT to go well. If you ask any one of the guys running about the park what kind of lift they get from a vocal crowd they'll tell you it can be massive, yet we get out-sung week in, week out, because it's "not the done thing" to use your lungs in that stadium. True, we don't have many songs but at this rate we might not have any Setanta money next season either, so we've got to give the team a lift.

Edited by 4ize

I remember being at the scottish cup semi final against Dunfermline. In my celebrations to Paul Ritchies goal I accidently bumped into the son of the gentleman sitting next to me. (might I add the son was at least 15). So rather than celebrate the fact we'd just taken the lead at a cup semi-final the father stood shaking his head at me. Pathetic!

I have to say though my mates seats and I are in section E in the North Stand and it is fairly decent. There are some lads in front of us around the same age and they like a bit of banter and you can basically shout what you want.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

It is very poor the lack of vocal support for the team. Big age division in ICT support and probably Caley/Thistle division has a lot to do with it. Sitting in the main stand and getting behind the team makes me only one of a handful that does so (apart from sunday when a few more joined in). Also, when getting a bit "carried away" and letting a few swear words slip, I get evils from the guy in front who has his son with him. Same guy had no problem cursing "the hun" as they were being removed from the north stand during the rangers game! That's ok is it? If he took his son to an OF home game he'd probably be in therapy for the rest of his life! I'm not abusive in any shape or form. Time that we remember that the wee free's don't run Inverness any more. We're allowed to have a drink after midnight on a Saturday ( for those of you old enough to remember when that wasn't possible!) Let your hair down and enjoy the game, get behind the team, shout and sing your hearts out. Like TB says - we're way too NICE!

The way I see it is, you don't always have to actually be singing, but just giving the team a bit of backing and encouragement. Away back before the SPL there used to be a good healthy roar from the main stand when the team went forward. I'm always shouting out to encourage the team but again people around just sit on their hands and look at you.

It is very poor the lack of vocal support for the team. Big age division in ICT support and probably Caley/Thistle division has a lot to do with it. Sitting in the main stand and getting behind the team makes me only one of a handful that does so (apart from sunday when a few more joined in). Also, when getting a bit "carried away" and letting a few swear words slip, I get evils from the guy in front who has his son with him. Same guy had no problem cursing "the hun" as they were being removed from the north stand during the rangers game! That's ok is it? If he took his son to an OF home game he'd probably be in therapy for the rest of his life! I'm not abusive in any shape or form. Time that we remember that the wee free's don't run Inverness any more. We're allowed to have a drink after midnight on a Saturday ( for those of you old enough to remember when that wasn't possible!) Let your hair down and enjoy the game, get behind the team, shout and sing your hearts out. Like TB says - we're way too NICE!

Going back to the start of the thread, you know we've had a few song suggestions over the seasons, and you know that Les's print shop might help out; does anyone think we could get some songs - clean ones, Alex - sorted out and some sheets printed up and put on seats for a a couple of home games as a bit of encouragement? Or printed in the programmes, Brian?

Get the stadium announcer involved, and those cheerleaders who bizarrely arrived for the Celtic game (are they a continuation of the ones who used to be there with Viv?) and get some noise going which is acceptable both to the older folks and those of us who aren't happy unless we go home with a collapsed lung.

Or is that just a Butlins-stylee idea doomed to failure? Hmm. :-(

Am I hearing this right ? We're now afraid to sing incase we offend old wifies ?

FFS grow a pair and tell the old bassa's to go to Eden Court if its quiet entertainment they're after , this is football , the sport of the working class .

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY
sorted the spelling error

Am I hearing this right ? We're now afraid to sing incase we offend old wifies ?

FFS grow a pair and tell the old bassa's to go to Eden Court if its quite entertainment they're after , this is football , the sport of the working class .

Not quite, trying to get the old wifies singing. I think old wifies probably count as working class - my granny did, at least.

The way I see it is, you don't always have to actually be singing, but just giving the team a bit of backing and encouragement. Away back before the SPL there used to be a good healthy roar from the main stand when the team went forward. I'm always shouting out to encourage the team but again people around just sit on their hands and look at you.

One word to explain that - Terracing.

Now, sit down and shut up! :rotflmao:

Did she go to the football and give the guys making an atmosphere a hard time for doing so though ?

:rotflmao: No, her specialty was pelting players who looked like they couldn't be bothered, with a pair of lungs used to shouting over the mill machinery from the age of twelve. The odd 'bloody' was there but nothing more. They took notice, too :thumb04:

Did she go to the football and give the guys making an atmosphere a hard time for doing so though ?

:rotflmao: No, her specialty was pelting players who looked like they couldn't be bothered, with a pair of lungs used to shouting over the mill machinery from the age of twelve. The odd 'bloody' was there but nothing more. They took notice, too :thumb04:

;) :018:

i'm in section e in the north aswell and you can be pretty vocal there without drawing to many funny looks although the lad in his fortys who often sits nearby with the voice like a fog horn and does a running commentary of the game tends to get some stick from time to time. anyone within about 500 yards will have heard him. personally i find him good entertainment but he does tend to wind some folk up

i'm in section e in the north aswell and you can be pretty vocal there without drawing to many funny looks although the lad in his fortys who often sits nearby with the voice like a fog horn and does a running commentary of the game tends to get some stick from time to time. anyone within about 500 yards will have heard him. personally i find him good entertainment but he does tend to wind some folk up

I'm still wanting to know where this gentleman is:

He attracted a mixed reaction too. I would have liked to sit with him and find out how he came to be there and where he got that voice.

I'm one of those that occasionaly feels guilty when the emotion gets the better of me but not on Sunday. To be fair I had a couple of drams prior to the game. I sit about 6 rows behind the away dug out and its great for abusing the away management. Have to say that Pendrie **** got most of my venom. I was delighted early on however when I first heard the Tic scum singing Terry Butcher is a ........ and I shouted as loud as I could F**k off Celtic. I expected the tumbleweeds but instead an elderly gentleman in front of me turned and said My sentiments exactly!! It brought a smile to my face... Its the best Ive heard it in the main stand for a long time and I hope it improves. I do have kids near me but its a game full of emotion and swearing is part and parcel of it in my opinion and I do try to limit it. I don't know do we still have a family section?

Anyway it was nice to see a bit of atmosphere as its been like a morgue all season. Hears hoping for plenty more...

FFS grow a pair and tell the old bassa's to go to Eden Court if its quiet entertainment they're after , this is football , the sport of the working class .

As long as you're not abusing the old folks in question then I couldn't agree more. There are many good comments here about glares and Alex McLeod does indeed hit the nail on the head. How many of us recall the days when Coia got pelters regularly but carried on anyway? Perhaps he was a bit OTT but he and many others too had passion for the team about them.

Sadly, doesn't happen too often these days.

I'm still wanting to know where this gentleman is:

He attracted a mixed reaction too. I would have liked to sit with him and find out how he came to be there and where he got that voice.

He was at Rugby Park this season giving it "we want more" etc. for the whole 90 minutes. While his wholehearted backing is to be applauded, he seems to be a bit of a maverick and i don't know if his enthusiasm can be harnessed towards more collective efforts. That is to say, he doesn't feckin sing with everyone else, just on his own.

I don't know what's worse....those who might scowl at people for making a bit of noise, or those who claim to be making a noise but obviously spend more time looking around to see who's watching them.

If your eyes are on the pitch and you're enjoying the game and the banter, then you would be oblivious to the fact that others might be looking at you.

You get the feeling that you're just looking for something to complain about, or that your actions are intended to get a reaction from these people.....best to ignore them and just get on with doing what you want to do in cheering on the team.