Mihadjuks

davieB

The guy is turning out to be our best signing in a looooooooooong time. Absolutely immense today, as he has been from the moment he arrived. I've no idea what his situation is, but we need to get him signed long term. He's the rock in the defence that's been missing since DD left.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is turning out to be our best signing in a looooooooooong time. Absolutely immense today, as he has been from the moment he arrived. I've no idea what his situation is, but we need to get him signed long term. He's the rock in the defence that's been missing since DD left.

I would agree with this 100%, in my opinion can be even better than DD, for once the board should be smart, GET HIM ON A LONG TERM CONTRACT.

I would agree with this 100%, in my opinion can be even better than DD, for once the board should be smart, GET HIM ON A LONG TERM CONTRACT.

Said on this site he was good, I don't think TB will take too long getting him to put pen to paper he might even get a shot in the Latvian squad, they need help too

Said on this site he was good, I don't think TB will take too long getting him to put pen to paper he might even get a shot in the Latvian squad, they need help too

Wonder who in the hell spotted him and advised the club to go fer him ?

I think you have great chance to sign him permanently, because he hasn't place in "FK Ventspils" squad. He played only one match for Latvian champions last season, because other defenders there are great too. And now "Ventspils" has signed one more Cameroonian defender, who played for "Ventspils" a couple of years ago. So there is no place for Mihadjuks - "Ventspils" plays with 3 defenders, but there are 4 better defenders now - so thinks head coach of "Ventspils". So if the money won't be a problem, Pavels can stay in Inverness, I'm sure.

Edited by Kalnietis

First sight of him today, been on holiday!!!

Looks really good and good reports from Hearts game

All signings made in window are all short term until end of season so Butcher has his work cut out.

Yet again Board being over cautious and not wanting to commit funds in case we go down.

Whereas we should be committing funds to ensure we are positive about staying up, FANS are now we need the BOARD to STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

He was great today and i think we should defnitely extend his stay here as he and Munro seem to have forged a great partnership at the back.

he can only be good for grant also,grant now knows he has a partner he can trust and rely on,where as he hasnt had one since dods left

I don't think the board are being over cautious. Let's face it, as much as we might all believe we have got what it takes to save the season, we don't have to worry about the day to day finances of running a club and losing our SPL status could half our turnover over night.

Granted it's the Board who have put us in this position....and for that they deserve all the criticism they get. But we can't turn clocks back and finding ourselves where we are the best course of action is to proceed with caution and calculated risk....handing out long term deals on wages we can't sustain is not the answer.

Barrowmans signing was the beginning of the mess we now find ourselves in. Not blaming the lad, but we paid over the odds for him and sacrificed experience to bring him in. To repeat that error would be unforgivable at this moment in time.

I don't think the board are being over cautious. Let's face it, as much as we might all believe we have got what it takes to save the season, we don't have to worry about the day to day finances of running a club and losing our SPL status could half our turnover over night.

Granted it's the Board who have put us in this position....and for that they deserve all the criticism they get. But we can't turn clocks back and finding ourselves where we are the best course of action is to proceed with caution and calculated risk....handing out long term deals on wages we can't sustain is not the answer.

Disagree, yes not saying to offer long term contracts to all the new signings, but you also have to calculate who is likely to bring us income in the coming years through transfer fees regardless what division we are in, something we have been to slow to realise with the likes of Black, Cowie. Not sure what wage Pavel is on but we have a sqaud of 27 to 28, worth getting rid of a few that are not up to it to keep a player that seems to have it. Lets face it after 6 or so games last season we knew then that Cowie was an asset and should have said then lets give him a long term contract. After 3-4 games most of us seem to be the same opinion of Pavel so lets get him tied up as if not somebody else will.

Edited by stevico1

Disagree, yes not saying to offer long term contracts to all the new signings, but you also have to calculate who is likely to bring us income in the coming years through transfer fees regardless what division we are in, something we have been to slow to realise with the likes of Black, Cowie. Not sure what wage Pavel is on but we have a sqaud of 27 to 28, worth getting rid of a few that are not up to it to keep a player that seems to have it. Lets face it after 6 or so games last season we knew then that Cowie was an asset and should have said then lets give him a long term contract. After 3-4 games most of us seem to be the same opinion of Pavel so lets get him tied up as if not somebody else will.

I agree with that.

I agree with that.

Don, if we sign the guy on a longer contract, even if we go down we can sell him. Surely this is about keeping the better players and getting some money for them when they go on to better things?

From reading posts here, it appears some people have made the assumption that the player has only been offered a contract until the end of the season.

I don't know the facts, but I suspect that the player, who hardly speaks a word of English, would prefer to find out how comfortable he is playing and living in this country, before committing to a contract of some years. From his perspective, I would imagine he would also prefer playing in this country's top division!

Now that Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas have seen the player, there's no doubt they might be helping him make up his mind sooner rather than later!

From reading posts here, it appears some people have made the assumption that the player has only been offered a contract until the end of the season.

I was actually making my assumptions on the fact that we always seem to lose our best young players for next to nothing and for once we should, if possible do everything to ensure that when we unearth a player like Pavel we try to tie him down to a long term contract as soon as possible.

Edited by stevico1