Indoor Market

benchmaster

There was a shop in the indoor market about 15 odd years ago that sold designer clothes Hugo Boss, Paul Smith etc. This was before Luomo then Caffertys or whatever.

It was just a little shop down the back of the market was on the corner and was quite small anyone remember it and its name?

Willie Treasurer's was a hairdresser you went into hoping you were fifth in the Q. 20 mins of fun waiting your turn and then your few mins of being the butt of the really funny remarks.

Happy happy times indeed.

Johnstone set up in the market when they moved from the High street end of Eastgate, close to Melville the shoe shop.

Always top stock and well priced and always 'did a deal'. Your change always a bit bigger than it should have been and you parted with 'see you back soon'.

Service and quality - where has it all gone?

I miss the toy shop :thumb04:

Have they taken away the trains as well?

i was in before chirstmas and iam sure the train was still there

It was. Johnstone's, just through the door from the trains, was where I bought my first short with button down collars and my first square ended crimplene tie. :rotflmao: And my proudest possession - a shirt with shiny strands through it which reflected light at these new fangled things in town called discotheques and at Young and Old Dances in the Kingsmills Scout Hall and the Lochardil Hall.

Cant remeber the name at all and i used to go in everytime i was down in Inverness!!!

If the period of time was 45 years,the gents clothes shop would have been Johnstone's and the barber's on the opposite corner was Treasurer.

The Treasurers, like yourself, were exgrovers who lived at #1 - what was your old house number?

I miss the toy shop :rotflmao:

Have they taken away the trains as well?

i was in before chirstmas and iam sure the train was still there

It was. Johnstone's, just through the door from the trains, was where I bought my first short with button down collars and my first square ended crimplene tie. :thumb04: And my proudest possession - a shirt with shiny strands through it which reflected light at these new fangled things in town called discotheques and at Young and Old Dances in the Kingsmills Scout Hall and the Lochardil Hall.

...and this was in 2002, you say...

It was. Johnstone's, just through the door from the trains, was where I bought my first short with button down collars and my first square ended crimplene tie. :rotflmao: And my proudest possession - a shirt with shiny strands through it which reflected light at these new fangled things in town called discotheques and at Young and Old Dances in the Kingsmills Scout Hall and the Lochardil Hall.

...and this was in 2002, you say...

Try somewhere nearer 1966!