We Need A Keeper!

Renegade

Andy McNulty's getting good experience at Elgin this season

Wasn't too impressed with the 4 games i've seen him play for Elgin this season. Poor distribution, not great with crosses (am I describing Mark Brown here!?).

I've been very pleased with Esson from the very first pre-season game against St Johnstone. Very assured, vocal at all times and great distribution.

Hopefully we're keeping tabs on Joe Malin at County, as every time i've seen him he's performed heroics. Great keeper.

Wasn't the whole point of Fraser going to Motherwell because Graeme Smith wants to leave in the summer??

How about him?

Do you think we could prize him north?

think if he'd had another day or 2 to think he'd still be with us....

Another keeper is the last thing we need worry about just now, and whilst I wouldn't want the club taking their eye of our long term future, what happens over the next few weeks could very well dictate not only who we could afford, but who we could attract.

McNulty made a couple of howlers in the 2 games i saw him play for the u'19s and from what i hard hasn't improved much at Elgin. Was looking at keepers that were available or never playing and noticed a few possibilitys.

Graeme Smith(not Motherwell)

Rangers current 3rd choice keeper and has been for nearly 2 seasons after joining them from Kilmarnock were he had dislodged Alan Combe as number 1 at the time. May be worth launching a bid for him with Rangers always looking to trim fringe players.

Kelvin Jack

Trinidad & Tobago international, played at the world cup with them in 2006. Used to play for Dundee and Gillingham. Suffered a broken leg while on trial at Barnsley and has been without a club since July i think. I think he's still in the UK so he may be worth a shot.

Andy McNeil

I'm not his biggest fan but he played really well for Hibs when they were up here in August and i believe he is leaving Hibs at the end of the season. Any thoughts?

Sander Westerveld

This guy's a real long shot and probably wouldn't give us a 2nd look but i know he's a free agent too after being released by some Dutch 2nd division team and has struggled to hold down a place for a couple of seasons. He helped Liverpool win the treble in 2001 but since then his career has spiralled a bit. You'll probably think i'm crazy for suggesting him but the only reason i did is he is available.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

We also have Jonathan Smith to in the reserves or under 19 team i think(not sure what 1 though).

I would like to see Jamie MacDonald of Hearts sign for ICT in the next window but why are we having this topic after the window has shut, we have 2 GKs until the summer.

There are plenty of keepers warming benches but whether we can get them to warm our bench depends.

If we're just throwing names about, Scott Davies at Morecambe. Played really well in the play-off semi-final and the final at Wembley, seems happy just now to warm the bench at Christie Park, and has no family commitments. Think we could afford him, too.

maybe malpas will look down at swindon town and league 1

Fleming went from Gretna's fire sale to be a reserve in League One, for money we probably couldn't afford for a reserve stopper. I'm not a Strachan fan, but he's right that the salaries away south can't be sustained.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

malpas nos alot of people down in england so he would prob get a keeper

butcher could have a look around scotland for a up coming keeper which could be in the scotland set up

How long has Esson got on his contract? I think I remember when he signed for us he was signed for 12 months or was that Lionel? Anyway, our keeper problems could end up a lot worse than losing Fraser in the summer.

Edited by birdog

We also have Kyle Allison and Kieron Wilson in the U-19's

Neither of which are probably ready to make the step up to sub keeper next season.

You know this how?

I'vce never seen Wilson play but I have seen Allison a couple of times, and he was rather poor.

How long has Esson got on his contract? I think I remember when he signed for us he was signed for 12 months or was that Lionel? Anyway, our keeper problems could end up a lot worse than losing Fraser in the summer.

That was Lionel.