Naps Week 24

Joe DiMaggio

next season there must be hard and fast rules governing when the odds have to be posted online, when the cutoff time is, and what happens in the event of cup days or 'X' amount of call-offs. Those who want to run it would do well to look at Gringo's NPL and organise rules in a similar fashion.

As I say I'll go with whatevers decided, up until tomorrow at least. Any further dragging in letting it stand or not and I'll start throwing my toys out of the pram.

Would a comprimise of those who didnt place bets NOT being deducted 10 points be acceptable? With those who did get in on time being awarded their usual -10 or indeed the rare +plus points :rotflmao:

Edited by clacher_holiday2

next season there must be hard and fast rules governing when the odds have to be posted online, when the cutoff time is, and what happens in the event of cup days or 'X' amount of call-offs. Those who want to run it would do well to look at Gringo's NPL and organise rules in a similar fashion.

Few things are ever perfect, but most things are refined over a period of time, so I guess we can always tinker a bit with the Comp. Have to say though I think we've done well since we started up, 3-4 years ago, so there's something to be said for keeping it as simple as possible, last thing we want is folks arguing about who owns the rule book.

As for the Cup weeks, there's a big difference between the early rounds and the latter stages, so we need to define a number of games rather than to say it was a Cup week...

I think there were enough games played, maybe we should settle on a minimum of 6 games played or the comp is void that particular week.

What we need to avoid is calling it off every week that any cup game is played, and then add to that all the weeks when games are off due to bad weather. The games lost are caught up by the teams in mid week, but we only run the comp on week end games, the end result being we could lose 6-8 weeks each season, in my view that detracts from the spirit of the competition.

Most folks took the time and trouble to sign in, they have to be respected for that...

I think we should add the "6 game" rule, seems reasonable to me, even if there was only 6 games played it presents 18 choices, and that's enough for our small group to have a go at...

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob

Can I propose that instead of a "6 game" rule we go for min of 9 scheduled matches and allow for a one third call off rate before it becomes a null week.

Once you get beyond that level of call off there's lots of people likely to be on matches which are postponed and fewer on games being played so advantage is starting to head towards those who have got "lucky" by picking a game which ends up postponed.

Whilst you'll never eliminate that element of luck, I think the comp is about being skilful in the pick so we can at least try and reduce it a bit.

It also stops Clacher trying to predict postponements when it's a tough card :rotflmao:

At the end of the day I'm happy enough to go with what people want, so long as we know in advance what the situation is.

For this week (Week 24) I've just added the scores. As has been pointed out, everyone got a pick on, so their seems little point in arguing over things. I'll leave it like that unless I'm instructed otherwise.

Guest TheFalcon

Well the results didn't help me, but I can't say there weren't enough games on to

chose from, Bob did ask for thoughts on it before the games were played,

no one came back with an objection.

I think it would be a good idea though to have a fixed number of games that have

to be played, 5 or 6 seems reasonable, but the important thing is we should all

know what it is before the KO from now on in.

Would a comprimise of those who didnt place bets NOT being deducted 10 points be acceptable? With those who did get in on time being awarded their usual -10 or indeed the rare +plus points :rotflmao:

Nice try!

You knew all about it though so no exscuses, u were gonna go for Annan anyway! :thumb04:

Joe I back every slection I pick on this competition with the best priced books online! I didnt back Annan.. need I say more!

For me, its unfair to lose 10 points, at the time I was online there was one topic asking if the week should count or not and another with the odds up... with 1 reply... if I'd known everybody was going to play I wouldve put up a selection! I just assumed that with it being a cup weekend and with nobody posting on the odds topic, plus considering the fact that voiding the week was being discussed at all, it would be off.. but nevermind!

Like I said I'll go with the majority, but in future rules mix ups none of you will get any change out of me :rotflmao:

And Joe, there arent enough Cup weekends in the season for you to ever catch up with me :thumb04:

Edited by clacher_holiday2