SPL Fixtures due out 22nd June

Yompa

It was hardly the hardest opening fixture to work out. I'm sure the SPL use a very technical method of working these fixtures out. The following press releases verify this:

SPL Official Statement - The draw for the fixtures will be randomly made by a high tech computer to attain no advantage to any one team.

SPL Un-Official Statement - Sh*t we forgot we are releasing the fixtures tomorrow, "I have a great idea why not just reverse last years, swap Livi with St Mirren and hey presto" "who fancies a beer"

SPL Un-Official Statement - Sh*t we forgot we are releasing the fixtures tomorrow, "I have a great idea why not just reverse last years, swap Livi with St Mirren and hey presto" "who fancies a beer"
We played Falkirk in last season's first game !! but I would agree that there is no 'hi-tech' computer at work, as the season before, we as new boys played another team that were relatively new to the SPL when we played Livi .... but we musnt grumble, at least this will be the first HOME opener we have had in the SPL, the last two seasons were away games.

Yeah we played Falkirk first last season, and we have them last this season. We also played Livi last before and have their replacement first this year. They've just reversed them.

Season 05/06                Season 06/07

Falkirk (A)                      St Mirren (H)

Rangers (H)                    Dons (A)

Pars (A)                          Hibs (H)

Killie (H)                          Celtic (H)

United (A)                      Hearts (A)

Well (H)                          Well (A)

Hearts (H)                      United (H)

Celtic (A)                        Killie (A)

Hibs (A)                          Pars (H)

Dons (H)                        Rangers (A)

Livi (A)                          Falkirk (H)

oh right - see what you mean now - (too early in the morning for me - need a coffee) - you are probably right

Doing it that way kinda makes sense as it works, but I would far rather see them have a matrix in place where your fixture order was based on your finishing position the previous year (with spot 12 going to the new boys) .....

You could then have the fixtures worked out by week number and just slot the teams in. The next year the matrix is reversed so that home/away is the opposite but your own fixtures will likely be a little different because they are based on the finishing order the previous season and not on the team name !!!

Don't know what all the fuss is about, we have to play them three times each, and four times for those after the split. Does it really matter much whp we play first, the only good thing I can see is it gives us a chance to get points on the board early doors.

Oh, and we can now plan ahead.

.... and an early win can give us confidence throughout the season!

Even though on paper it shouldn't really matter what teams we play because we'll every team eventually... becuase the team can get confidence from building up a winning streak or visa versa

duh :006:

Rangers are also complaining about the fixtures

Evening Times

"But fans are unhappy with another Highland double header, at Aberdeen on December 23 and Inverness just four days later.

John MacMillan, general secretary of the Rangers Supporters' Association, said: "That does not appear very fair. There is a lot of cost at that time of year other than football. Also, those are two very long journeys two days before and two days after Christmas, when roads can be bad.

"I know the SPL will say it's their computer. But Rangers were at Inverness and Aberdeen back to back at the start of last season, with a Champions League qualifier in between."

SPL spokesman Greg Mailer said: "Of course we sympathise with fans when fixtures maybe lead to some inconvenience.

"We try to take a lot of things into account, but away games can run like this and Aberdeen and Inverness Caley are part of our league."

St Midden at home can be viewed as a good and a bad fixture.  It's good that we're home and against a newly promoted side, so we should be favourites to win.  On the other hand, SM will be fired up to prove the doubters wrong and the pressure will be all on us.

We will be under pressure to get 3 points and hit the ground running, the following 3 games will be very tough.

Well "ballacks" to the Rangers Supporters Association.  As RIG said we have to travel south every second week year in year out.  Look at the rest of our fixtures at that time of year the Pars AWAY on 23/12 and the Bairns AWAY on 30/12.  Are we complaining?

It's all just sour grapes from the Central Belt Mafia, because we got into the leagues against their wishes in the first place and have proved we are no diddy team.  Perhaps they are worried about not clearing their debts from supporting Ingerland and Germany at the WC.  In any case there's that many Huns living up this way that they don't have a case to argue about travelling at that time of year.   

Not a great fixture list from a financial point of view.

There are four teams who can be relied on to produce sell outs or near sell outs, namely; Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts.

We only play one of these teams at home twice before the split which will cost the club tens of thousands of pounds in revenue.