Jeremy Clarkson

latviaman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another question.

Are people getting a bit envious because the "bog trotters" have managed to get themselves classed as a racial minority within the British isles yet we have not?

Disclaimer:- the term "bog trotter" is used as an example of what really is racist, just because there are a lot of bogs in the Irish country side I do not believe that the Irish "race" as they like to now class themselves go for a daily trot in the bogs and I quite like the Irish people in general.

Whats the problem with what he said?

Gordon Brown has one eye, True

Gordon Brown is Scottish, True

Gordon Brown is an idiot, True (in my opinion)

The only part even the most PC person could possibly find offensive, is the "idiot" part. As dewsberrydude pointed out....two thirds of his remarls were based on facts!

To put another twist on it , would it be racist if he said " a one eyed pakistani idiot " ?

I was recently in a Pakistani run curry house in Batley. To cut a long story short I ended up being called a " fu****g Scottish ars***le ,a Scottish ba****d" by a fellow customer who took offence to me complaining about hair in my meal :rotflmao: . The pakistani staff didn't feel that I had been racially abused when I asked for the guy to be removed.

So in answer to you question NO

I was on another forum where someone, in order to be as offensive as possible, asked if another poster was the paedophile that had been in the news (with link to article about someone with the same name but absolutely no connection - as well he knew). Again, you could argue all he asked he was a simple question. No direct implication. A simple 'no' would be suffice to assuage any suggestion. But, like the shortening of Pakistani, it's to do with the intention. Clarkson was using something that shouldn't be a slur to castigate someone. Attack someone by stressing their minority. Mark of a bully.

Gordon Brown has turned out to be little more than dithering mini-person --even despite his accounting credentials he has been totally ineffective at stopping the relentless financial decline and debacle of late.

Therefore I am so glad that I can't see his one eye------ until he bends over..........

• 1 month later...

LOL , good one renegade . Can you give us some more of your wise words please ? I loved your post on what direction the wind blows , your theories on the beautiful game have to be seen to be believed , me and the lads have a great laugh in the pub as we recall some of your classic posts . Admin would it be possible to have a " Renegade Gold " section ?

DC

I doubt we will do anything regarding this incident as you yourself have laughed off the suggestion. Also, you are not slow to reprimand/chastise others and have the odd dig at some posters. The old addage, if you dish it out, expect some back. The other mods will see the reported post and any action will come after that.

I doubt renegade will even realise you have reported the post given the comments below.

LOL , good one renegade . Can you give us some more of your wise words please ? I loved your post on what direction the wind blows , your theories on the beautiful game have to be seen to be believed , me and the lads have a great laugh in the pub as we recall some of your classic posts . Admin would it be possible to have a " Renegade Gold " section ?

I have to reply on here as your messaging privileges have been withdrawn previously.

I doubt renegade will even realise you have reported the post given the comments below.

Well obviously I do now. I understand that my post was inappropriate and will be carefull in the future not to be so stupid again. I'm sorry.