FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Official website???

Harry Chibber

Not really - Scotty and I have done the temporary Official website you can view from the link at the bottom of the left menu.

The club made the decision to go an alternate route with the Official Site, and although it is not to my liking they have their reasons and I hope, it is everything they think it will be.

The club have been up front with us and we continue to offer them any support and assistance they ask for, and will continue to do so if they need it.

Thats one of the worst club websites Ive had the misfortune to visit. Lets hope all the stuff "coming soon" is more accurate than the stuff already posted  :017:

Think the finished version will be similar to the Kilmarnock site .... http://www.kilmarnockfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home

This is no criticism of the club in any way as it is a commercial company doing the design 'professionally' ... but did any of YOU guys stumble across THIS site when we were designing, creating and testing it ?? We already know the answer to that as we had a screen that stopped just that kind of thing and it was also  password protected. Only those we invited to test it were able to see it before it was launched !!!

Blah, it's not too bad but it's not great. "First Team" thing on the right on the main page makes you scroll down too far, and more adverts to the right of that makes it so there's not much space for content, but that seems to be the way of a few websites. It also uses a few too many tables and too much javascript but accessability and usability wise it's no worse than here.I think once they get the content sorted and correct it'll just be your bog standard official club website.

Premium TV is used by a good chunk of the english league, it's not surprising to see another club go down that route :(

edit: on the front page there's a drop down list of clubs with prem-tv sites: http://www.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10822,00.html

I think they missed the boat in one way, but in the end they moved in the direction they wanted and hopefully that will prove to be good for the club and also good for this site.

They missed the boat (in a way) because myself and Donald offered to design a top quality site for them at no cost where they could retain 100% of any revenue generated from any commercial items or advertising  they cared to add to that site. However, although the club are now dragging themselves into the 20th century and hopefully into the 21st fairly soon they opted not to do that as some of the features they wanted could be obtained with less effort by signing a commercial partnership where the proceeds are split between club and commercial partner. This is totally understandable as there is currently no-one at the stadium who can work pretty much full time on a site in the way that our offer would have required, but with a commercial partnership PTV will supply much of the content and leave the club to just top it up with a little bit of local content.

Having a look round some of the other PTV sites, I would hope that the new site will have audio and video that users will be able to sign up for and if they do, I can see the club making some money out of. I said it a few times last year, but if there were live audio or video "season tickets" available from the likes of ICT, BBC or Setanta I would buy one and I am sure I am not alone in that. I am sure the new site will also have things like ringtones, screensavers, multimedia files and all sorts and of course there will be a club shop.

All in all, if its like other PTV efforts it will be designed to maximise revenue from the fans and also generate advertising income from the site itself. Anything that puts more money in the coffers has got to be a good thing ... so long as it doesnt go too far over the edge and become a cash-grab or a site that ends up crushed under its own weight in pop-ups etc ........

How will it be good for this site ? I think most users have noticed that we are more relaxed on here now and have let a fair bit more go that we would not have done on the old site. The craic seems better and for me it is definitely more enjoyable as I am not fending off multiple nonsense emails about this that or the next thing ..... we have maintained close contact with the club and will continue to do so in what we hope will be an open and friendly ongoing symbiotic relationship - after all we are all ICT fans !!!!

I feel proud that I have been able to offer the club both an 'almost official' and then an 'official' presence on the Internet since the club was formed in 1994. It does of course sadden me that the official tag is now gone, but as I mentioned above, it is probably for the best as the club will now be able to maximise income from a commercial site and we can focus on building the community of fans on this 'Fan-Zone'

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the designers have done what they should have done in the first place and 'hidden' the site from prying eyes until it is ready ......