My First Game

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I am down to the game against Hibs next Saturday which will be my 1st game attended as a Caley fan because i have attended games before but they were only Wick Academy games which was before i supported Caley in 2003.

It is not easy for me to go down to games as i work in a bar up at Thurso Golf Club and weekends are busy times as most Competitions are at the weekend in summer and i still go up in winter too which is not as busy but enough to keep me going until at least 1430.

Edited by Mahonio

Can't wait for DalneighCaley to post on this thread (kidding! :rotflmao: )

Good on you Mahonio. I will finally be getting through for the first time in ages next weekend and bringing a Hibs supporting pal with me. Our good run against them in Inverness better continue.

Edited by RiG

Good on you Mahonio. I will finally be getting through for the first time in ages next weekend and bringing a Hibs supporting pal with me. Our good run against them in Inverness better continue.

am i right in think they have still to score in tcs???

am i right in think they have still to score in tcs???

No, sadly that changed early on in the season when we drew 1-1 with them.

Guest Mahonio

How the f*** can my excuse be lame Rig!!!!!

Don't you think that work is more important than attending a football match or are you trying to be smart mate?!!!!!!!!!!

How the f*** can my excuse be lame Rig!!!!!

Don't you think that work is more important than attending a football match or are you trying to be smart mate?!!!!!!!!!!

He's doing neither. He was being sarcastic, but it wasn't aimed at you. It is a reference to something DC posted last weekend.

Guest Mahonio

Any thoughts on what the atmosphere willbe like and by the way i don't do singing or chanting but if things go wrong i may use the odd swear word- just thought i would warn you.

Any thoughts on what the atmosphere willbe like and by the way i don't do singing or chanting but if things go wrong i may use the odd swear word- just thought i would warn you.

The atmosphere will be non existant as usual . Dont worry about not singing as hardly anyone sings anyway . Enjoy .

Guest Mahonio

Hey, here is an idea.

Why don't the players come out and gesture Andrew Murray style to try and get the crowd going like Murray did last year at Wimbledon after taking 3rd set on a breaker.

Talking of Murray lets hope he ain't singing after the game if he gets score over in Dubai as he is Hibs supporter.

The atmosphere will be non existant as usual . Dont worry about not singing as hardly anyone sings anyway . Enjoy .

Nothing p*sses me off more than standing (but being told to sit) in the North stand and being 'outsung' by near enough every travelling support that comes up here - even the tiny ones. The noise at Caley games can usually be credited to about 30 people in the North stand with the main stand being quieter than silent without fail. Whenever a chant starts, myself and the boys around me get stuck right in and shout for the team as loud as possible. It's a way of showing it's OUR home stadium, discouraging the away team, building an atmosphere and most importantly, encouraging and giving confidence to our players. So to read that you "dont do singing or chanting" is really annoying. Why dont you?? Are you to cool or something? And to get a reply saying "Dont worry about it, hardly anyone does" is exactly the attitude that needs changed. You seem to say the atmosphere will be non existant "as usual" as if you are annoyed by the lack off it?? Well. . . its people like you that need to start really getting behind the team and with time Caley will gain a proper support. Sort it!!

Guest Mahonio

Nothing p*sses me off more than standing (but being told to sit) in the North stand and being 'outsung' by near enough every travelling support that comes up here - even the tiny ones. The noise at Caley games can usually be credited to about 30 people in the North stand with the main stand being quieter than silent without fail. Whenever a chant starts, myself and the boys around me get stuck right in and shout for the team as loud as possible. It's a way of showing it's OUR home stadium, discouraging the away team, building an atmosphere and most importantly, encouraging and giving confidence to our players. So to read that you "dont do singing or chanting" is really annoying. Why dont you?? Are you to cool or something? And to get a reply saying "Dont worry about it, hardly anyone does" is exactly the attitude that needs changed. You seem to say the atmosphere will be non existant "as usual" as if you are annoyed by the lack off it?? Well. . . its people like you that need to start really getting behind the team and with time Caley will gain a proper support. Sort it!!

Who is that rant aimed at?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

ICTs Home support who are very quiet.

I just had a look at the online ticketing system and apparently the Hibs end is sold out :rotflmao:

cant see hibs taking a full support with them

mahonio can i ask why your actualy going to the game if you dont actualy intend on taking an active part in it

i cant really talk as im a leedsunited supporter and ive not had a chance to go up to see ict yet but id do go to every leeds game home and away and i consider it my dute if not obligation to sing,chant and support my team from start to finnish

to me im part of the team and do my bit as well as i can

and yes i do consider going to football to be more important than work

if leeds wernt playing the same times ict are id be up there supporting ict in their hour of need you pal are going to be at the game so why not actualy support them

rant over :rotflmao:

mahonio can i ask why your actualy going to the game if you dont actualy intend on taking an active part in it

i cant really talk as im a leedsunited supporter and ive not had a chance to go up to see ict yet but id do go to every leeds game home and away and i consider it my dute if not obligation to sing,chant and support my team from start to finnish

if leeds wernt playing the same times ict are id be up there supporting ict in their hour of need you pal are going to be at the game so why not actualy support them

I can see where you are coming from about taking an active part however coming to the game especially the distance/time taken to travel down and paying for his ticket is surely supporting the team. If he has bought any merchandise then he is supporting the team. Even just taking a keen interest in the club I would class as supporting the club. It is after all his first game and he is asking questions on here trying to find out what the vibe is at the stadium.

Im not always up singing and clapping I enjoy watching the football that may not be everybodies preferred choice but I don't consider myself to be any less a supporter because of that.

Guest Mahonio

I don't kindly to this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Mahonio

After a few hours thought, i think i overreacted to your post andymorcambe ok. It was a heat of the moment reply ok as i seem to do quite often so i can't apologise enough mate- will you forgive me?

The answer to your question by the way is because i got an invite from someone who knew i always wanted to go to our home games but not alone and i couldn't refuse after getting cover at work and i don't intend on singing as if i did the whole crowd would run away, its that bad :015: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: but i will probably cheer on the team in another way like i do at home watching rugby or listening on radio to ICT Games if i am not listening to Robbo and co on "Open all Mics".