That

Canada Bob

Say what you want about that life pension that Sir Fred is entitled to, afterall it now seems that Gordon knew about it months ago {but kept it quiet}, pity it all came out in the wash.

Knowing what we know now, I think we should meet Sir Fred half way...

We keep the money, but he gets LIFE...

It's a pity the Tower of London is just for tourists aint it...

Edited by Canada Bob

Shocking, scandelous,disgraceful,unbelievable,unjustifiable,outrageous......

........I wish my adjectiveal vocabulery wiz bigger!

Seriously , can anyone (playing devils advocate or otherwise), tell me WhyTF this is allowed/legal/justifiable,i just cant understand it

Got mates on the bank shop floor,told yer oot a joab/nae bonuses ,tough luck. Ken a pensions different but............... :rotflmao:

Just no right.

Goodwin by name

A Good Win for him all the same. :rotflmao:

I do not know the whole gist of this but wasn't it agreed back in October?? by some Labour minister, who headed one of the many committees Labour instituted??

I think it will cost money , that the tax payers can ill afford( Legal Cases) fat cat lawyers getting rich to sort this out.

So as ever we must sit on the sidelines and await the outcome.

One thing tho' as an aside I thought Knighthoods were awarded for services to the country, so that can surely go out the window.

Off to Dubai tonight, I will log on tomorrow to see the team win again, cm'on positive thoughts.

I think this whole issue detracts the attention from the fact that there have been people within the government who have abused their power and manage to walk away with thousands of pounds (take the home secretary Jacqui Smith as an example) worth of expenses.

It also detracts from the fact that the government have well and truly arsed up by letting this happen (making him look like the bad one, which in a sense he is).

Morally taking this he is wrong however, when he is sitting in his nice home, with loads of food and big cars i'm sure he won't give two hoots.

I reckon it's fair enough from Fred's point of view. If I was offered (legally) you would have no chance of me giving it back because of a witch hunt.

Just think, a year ago, RBS thought this guy was a messiah.If he hadn't got into all this dodgy (as we know now) but lucrative (as we knew then) his shareholders would have sacked him, and the media wouldnae get the chance to come over all sanctimonious.

But he is an odious looking wee nyaff.

I reckon it's fair enough from Fred's point of view. If I was offered (legally) you would have no chance of me giving it back because of a witch hunt. Just think, a year ago, RBS thought this guy was a messiah.If he hadn't got into all this dodgy (as we know now) but lucrative (as we knew then) his shareholders would have sacked him, and the media wouldnae get the chance to come over all sanctimonious.But he is an odious looking wee nyaff.

Aft agree with yer Davie, the way that Meddlesome Mendelson and his cronies are trying to distance themselves from this is "as ever" when the truth is embarrassing lie through yer fekkin teeth. I'm sure they all knew about it, but in their circles pensions like this are par for the bleedin course, so it's no reason to raise an eye brow for them. They never expected it to become public, now that it has they blame each other like kids who just put a ball through a window.

The bigger picture is though, that "we" have allowed Politicians, Lords, Directors and other Businessmen to dip into the Public Purse or the Shareholders money for obscene amounts of money. Stuff like this has been common place, going on for years, and as long as we were all "managing" more of less, it didn't bother us, now that the poor are getting poorer we are taking a closer look at how the rich have been taking the *iss.

If there is a fault in all that's going on, it's ours, as voters and/or shareholders for letting these things evolve...

Edited by Canada Bob

...and continue to. Why on Earth is the next election going to be Labour v Tory again??!!??!! A country gets the government it deserves!

Totally agree that a chairman with a reasonable measured approached that said don't lend too much, don't borrow too much, the entire collapse of the banking system is around the corner would have been swiftly given the short-shrift.

I liked Frankie Boyle's comment - let Fred have his massive pension, but make him go and collect it in cash every week from the Post Office in a Glasgow housing scheme.

Love it, laughin' me b*llocks off, great idea though...