Gers Wednesday

Joonya

Needing a couple of details as I intend to make my first away match of the season, and first ever visit to Ibrox...

1) ICT fans meeting place/watering hole pre-match?

2) Adequate parking facilities - where? How much?

3) is the game all ticket (pressuming yes here) and if so do I have to sit in the seat allocated?

4) who's going?

I finish work around 2pm on that afternoon and intend to drive down straight away. Meaning I will probably hit glasgae around rush hour? I've never driven in glasgow before, so any details of roads to avoid would be helpful.

Cheers

And by the way - who else is going?

1. Cant remember the pub name but its Govan Jaggies local around Govan Cross. ten mins walk from ground.

2. Parking is on street I think. Not the best idea in that area unless your prepared to pay a yob to watch your vehicle. I would suggest parking in the city centre and taking the tube to Govan.

3. Glasgow police insist on all ticket but these should be available at Ibrox ticket office or ICT. Allocated area.....no need to sit in ticketed seat.

4. Haven't decided if I'm going yet.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
Added point

Needing a couple of details as I intend to make my first away match of the season, and first ever visit to Ibrox...

1) ICT fans meeting place/watering hole pre-match?

2) Adequate parking facilities - where? How much?

3) is the game all ticket (pressuming yes here) and if so do I have to sit in the seat allocated?

4) who's going?

I finish work around 2pm on that afternoon and intend to drive down straight away. Meaning I will probably hit glasgae around rush hour? I've never driven in glasgow before, so any details of roads to avoid would be helpful.

Cheers

And by the way - who else is going?

1. Brechin' bar in Govan Road

2.there will be a few yards around the park

3. yes

4. i'm going

:rotflmao:

You??? look after my arse??? i think i'll be the one doing that johndo... it'd end up being shaved and tattooed otherwise :rotflmao:

Where is best to park in the city centre if I opt to get the train across?

I would rather drive to Ibrox than get involved in the city centre. Ibrox couldn't be easier to find, the exit is signposted Govan and at the top of the slip road take a right and you are there, couldn't be easier to find. I haven't been for ages, but there are a few car parks around about although they may cost a few quid it's worth it for the convenience.

I might be heading down and if I do I'll hopefully make it to Brechins for pre match refreshments.

Bring it on!!

Eat before you go to the ground because the food is shocking. :rotflmao:

Agree with poster who said take the underground. You could park at Shields Road park and ride where your car will be safe in the multi-storey car park.

Some of the banter on the underground is quite good if you can put aside the sectarian bile and the smell.

Worrying when they try to do the bouncy on it though.

Enjoy the game, I'm not giving them my money.

Eat before you go to the ground because the food is shocking. :thumb04:

Agree with poster who said take the underground. You could park at Shields Road park and ride where your car will be safe in the multi-storey car park.

Some of the banter on the underground is quite good if you can put aside the sectarian bile and the smell.

Worrying when they try to do the bouncy on it though.

Enjoy the game, I'm not giving them my money.

i'll not be taking the underground, it sometimes goes off early, and there can be a lot of trouble in it.

i grudge giving them ?22.50...... :rotflmao:

i'd rather let Minty's debt keep on rising but i'll be there to back the team not their bank acount............. :018:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i'll not be taking the underground, it sometimes goes off early, and there can be a lot of trouble in it.

I wouldn't take kids on it at that time but like anywhere in Glasgow when there are eejits about you just keep your head down.

i would never take any kids to glasgow its bad enough for the ones that live down there.

After missing the Motherwell game due to a throat infection, im going to make the trip to Ibrox on wednesday after getting my tickets today!!

Will be my first ICT for a while, so im hoping for good things! Inverness want it more than the gers, so why not!!

Come on guys!! Show them our pride and determination!!

i would take the exit to great western road, travel along to queen margaret drive where its free parking. Lots of really good pubs if you walk down byres road - get the sub. id much rather leave my car in the west end than govan!

Youl be straight back onto the M8 from Great Wester anyway.

Grudging 22.50 - with all the 5% milarky too!

if you get id'd all the time - chance buying the concession. if they are committing daylight robbery to us, give them as god as you get :rotflmao:

There is a Supporters bus going to Rangers on Wednesday, leaving the stadium at 3pm All seats ?12. You have to be a member of the Supporters Club to travel but can join on the bus - ?5 for adults ?3 for concessions.

There is a Supporters bus going to Rangers on Wednesday, leaving the stadium at 3pm All seats ?12. You have to be a member of the Supporters Club to travel but can join on the bus - ?5 for adults ?3 for concessions.

To book call Kath on 07715833250 and also you have to buy your ticket from the Stadium.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

will the tickets still be on sale on wednesday?? in the morning

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

There's an ASDA store just of the M8 only aq few minutes walk from the ground. You could always park there.

Dont park at Asda as you will get a ticket. You can park safely on Broomloan Road, the only downside is that it is all huns that park there but it is at our end of the ground. If you are leaving at 2pm you will hit Glasgow at rush hour and being honest all the roads are bad. When you hit the M8 just bear with it and you should get to Ibrox/Govan around 6pm. Feel free to park at mine as by 6pm most of the people that use the car park to get the subway will be gone. Myself and IHE will probably be in the pub by that point so just park up and walk over. I shall PM you the details and you can make your mind up from there.

You??? look after my arse??? i think i'll be the one doing that johndo... it'd end up being shaved and tattooed otherwise :rotflmao:

Where is best to park in the city centre if I opt to get the train across?

i have sent a PM but if you decide to park. Take the Dumbarton junction on the M8 and head towards Kelvinbridge Subway. They have a park and ride there and it is on the better side of the Kingston Bridge than Shields Road. It is also in a good spot on the loop so you may get it a bit quiter, just a bit of a wait after the game at Ibrox Station. If you do this, please remember not to get off at Ibrox if you are coming to Brechins for a drink. make sure you get off at Govan.

i would take the exit to great western road, travel along to queen margaret drive where its free parking. Lots of really good pubs if you walk down byres road - get the sub. id much rather leave my car in the west end than govan!

Youl be straight back onto the M8 from Great Wester anyway.

Grudging 22.50 - with all the 5% milarky too!

if you get id'd all the time - chance buying the concession. if they are committing daylight robbery to us, give them as god as you get :rotflmao:

gd shout ther, is that u mike btw? nod got us tix, sesh!