Rangers -v- Ict : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the highlights. They made it look like Rangers v Esson!. Looks like we had a bit of luck at last. Not a lot wrong with Rangers 'goal' from what I could see, and I'm amazed we were awarded that penalty, especially in the last minute at Ibrox! Well done referee. I'm sure you will get a good reception next time you're at Ibrox.

Anyway, absolutely great result. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone played from those who were able to attend the game.

Just watched the highlights. They made it look like Rangers v Esson!. Looks like we had a bit of luck at last. Not a lot wrong with Rangers 'goal' from what I could see, and I'm amazed we were awarded that penalty, especially in the last minute at Ibrox! Well done referee. I'm sure you will get a good reception next time you're at Ibrox.

Anyway, absolutely great result. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone played from those who were able to attend the game.

I was there CMIB and honestly they were all fantastic, they ran their hearts out, closed everything down. Not pretty but, hey, there's no way where going to outplay them at their place.

Ryan Esson was flawless, punchin when he had to.

I could go through all the players but I'd just be saying the same thing....brilliant !

A couple of weeks ago I honestly had my doubts, but after watching that tonight, there is no way on this earth that that team will go down !!!!

Now that I am home from work, the Toronto ICTSC will also be celebrating ..... a wee peedie (Highland Park of course) and a couple of tins of Lager (Alexander Keiths) to go alongside my Pasta ..... and the joy of thinking what fun I will have when I "accidentally" bump into a few of the guys at work tomorrow who support Rangers :rotflmao:

Just watched the highlights ...... I LOVE my VPN connection :thumb04: and have to say we looked like we were on the defensive for most of the game (selective editing? or were we indeed on the back foot as much as the highlights show?).

Have to say it looked like a great team performance whether it was Esson's crucial stops, Granty's goal-line clearance, Black's composure in the last seconds, or many other moments. We havent ground out a result like that in as long as I can remember .... all credit to the lads. Enjoy the Pizza and Lucozade :rotflmao:

From Ibrox to Brechins, Govan to Queen Street to Waverley, up the bridges and into the Royal Oak with my chest pumped out, ICT badge shining in everyone's eyes, folk either asked me what the score was or hugged me.

When i finally made it to the Oak an Irishman kissed me and bought me a pint of Guiness and a large dram.

Honestly, we didn't create a chance in the whole game. We defended brilliantly, as we have done ever since Butcher took charge. Two back fours and a front two who's primary role is to defend. It worked. It was pretty spawny but it worked and we're off the bottom.

Eveybody that played and sang tonight desrve praise but i have to give special mention to Ryan Esson, the back 4 and Russell Duncan for immense defending.

Ian Black, cool as you like shot himself into legendary status if he didn't have it already.

We all danced home. Thank-you Blackie. Thank you Caley. Thank you all ICT players and fans.

They were all heros last night but I was delighted at how Grant Munro and Esson stood out after the Motherwell debacle.

That goal line clearance of Munros, and Esson sprinting off his line to dive at the feet of Buggero were two very special and highly significant moments.

I'm inclined to doubt that Mike Fraser would have kept a clean sheet last night..

What a performance!!

Not seen the highlights yet but I never thought Esson had much to do thanks to his back four. But ICT now, unlike under the muppets, are a TEAM. However anybody calling for Duncan to be dropped after last Saturday should have been there last night for their slice of humble pie.

Edited by The Mantis

When the penalty is awarded, you see the Rangers fans behind the goal going mad. Is this because:

1) They are angry with Weir for his poor defending

2) They don't think it was a penalty

3) They know full well it was a penalty but are furious with the ref for forgetting "the Ibrox code"

When the penalty is awarded, you see the Rangers fans behind the goal going mad. Is this because:

1) They are angry with Weir for his poor defending

2) They don't think it was a penalty

3) They know full well it was a penalty but are furious with the ref for forgetting "the Ibrox code"

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

Agree with 100% with The Mantis. Esson didn't have overly much to do and didn't have save after save in the 'world class' category.

Every player gave it 110% and worked their backsides off. And fair play to the ref for not bottling the penalty / red card decision. Mind you at least with it being such a stick on, it was a bit easier for him.

I made the mistake of not filling the car in Weegieland, and had to 'limp' home at 60mph from about Pitlochry onwards in an effort to conserve fuel. Still was home by 12.40am despite horrendeous traffic around the ground. That did however allow a few celabratory call and texts. Fabulous all in all and ?22.50 very well spent.

Roll on Saturday........

Anyone know what the odds were on us winning tonight?

I had ?10 at 11/1 at Ladbrokes. Unfortunately I also had ?5 on Rooney to score first and ICT win 1-0 @ 125/1

Superb morning taking kids to school and seeing the few Rangers fans there :rotflmao:

Brilliant result!!! It shouldn't really make any difference, but I ESPECIALLY love when we beat Rangers (I'm not a closet Celtic fan btw)

Butcher Is God

delighted i am :rotflmao:

falkirk for the drop :thumb04:

Are you Yodi in disguise? Happy I am that we won!!

Still in disbelief . Football is a funny old game isn't it? LOL

:018:

Are you Greavsie in disguise? ;)

Just watched the BBC highlights.............great clearance by Grantie, good to see him back to his no nonsense best. Esson was relatively untroubled judging by the highlights, but after last week, showed great composure and confidence in all he dealt with. Miller definitely offside when ball passed forward.

And wee Blackie is a legend at ICT, great cucumberness from the wee giant.

What a night for all who witnessed it.