Ian Black

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have supported him from the beginning and latterly predicted he would out do Brewster in terms of his career. Others may have disliked the fact he has tremendous belief in his ability which for a small guy is tremendous on a football pitch. Many of his bookings were probably related to the fact he is a small guy in a big guys world. The best booking he ever got as far as I am concerned is clattering full pelt into Lee Wilkie. That took some guts.

The interesting thing about the photograph is how the crowd and one time Scotland goal-keeper are silent in awe. Well done wee man and let's hope the Courier use this or a similar photograph for their Face in the Crowd Competition. A big bottle of whisky might cheer up a few!

SCOT-CARA-SPLASH_747192a.jpg

On behalf of Gillian and myself I would wish to :rotflmao: all the nomarks who doubted his committment to the cause.

IHE, I love it, I was there, with 3 numpties behind me, who whinged for 92 minutes, until my son told them to shut up, if not supporting the boys, why come, any way, a complete turn around the next minute, I kid myself he came over to us to celebrate, but I believe it was his dad he was looking for, spoke to him on the way out, nice man, said he did OKAY, very modest.

On behalf of Gillian and myself I would wish to :rotflmao: all the nomarks who doubted his committment to the cause.

Aye, great when the big teams are about. I've seen him a lot quieter at several of the home games, even under terrynjune, but still a first name on the sheet. He will be missed ginormously.

IHE, I love it, I was there, with 3 numpties behind me, who whinged for 92 minutes, until my son told them to shut up, if not supporting the boys, why come, any way, a complete turn around the next minute, I kid myself he came over to us to celebrate, but I believe it was his dad he was looking for, spoke to him on the way out, nice man, said he did OKAY, very modest.

Are you saying you're Ian Black's mother?

Edited by Renegade

Is it a wish of some?

Is it a wish of some?

or were you one of the numpties, didn't see his mum, was she there, but his dad is a nice man, supports Blackie well, there most games if not all of them and that is a fair trek.

Lets all club together and buy him a lovely leaving present.So he scored a penalty.Its like me hammering a nail into a piece of wood.Weve both done our jobs.He will score the same pen against us when hes in the gorgie colours.Goodbye black ya maggot

Goodbye black ya maggot

Disgraceful comment!!!

Since he arrived at this club he has put 100% into every game. He has stood up to managers who doubted him or dropped him etc. He has matured extremely well over the years and he deserves a crack at the big time! I do, however, belive he would have stayed if Brewster was out before the pre-contract came about!!!

If that was his last ever goal for ICT then I will be a proud man to say I saw it.

Cracking bloke! Cracking player! Fully deserving of a title superior to Maggot!!!!

Oh dreary me.Football is about progression not misty eyed ramblings about a players past exploits.Give yourself a shake son-i take it youre young and have a pic o blackie on your bedroom wall.The guy is away.forget him

Oh dreary me.Football is about progression not misty eyed ramblings about a players past exploits.Give yourself a shake son-i take it youre young and have a pic o blackie on your bedroom wall.The guy is away.forget him

Had the guy been, as you say "away" then we may well not have had our night on Wednesday !

Whilst ICT have made Black what he is, it's fair to say Black is one of the guy's who has made ICT what they are.

Abuse him when he comes back if you want, but the vast majority of us will applaud him.

So, you will praise a player whilst he is playing for the club, but as soon as he seeks progression to a much bigger club than ourselves, you turn your back?... thats nothing short of hypocrytical.

I could maybe understand some comments when a player has been poor throughout, but to brand a player of Blacks' ability a maggot, i just have to disagree completely.

My age and what I have on my bedroom wall is not of concern to the comments I make on these forums, and even the younger ones will appreciate what has been acheived by black rather than label him a 'maggot' for wanting to improve.

I presume you've labelled Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness and Mark Brown with the same??? after all, they moved on to bigger things at one stage or another.

Gringo jr i have never praised blacks ability.Mediocre player with an incredibly dodgy temperament.Refuse to laud a player who fell out with brewster after he failed to play him.100% behind brewster for that.No special treatment for an outbound player

Oh dreary me.Football is about progression not misty eyed ramblings about a players past exploits.

Since when?

Denis Law? Georgie Best? That goal by Gemmill? 1967 Lisbon? 1966 Wembley? Beating Barnes' Celtic? Dalglish's swivel'n'shot? Jarzinho 1970? etc etc etc

If it's not about getting misty-eyed then it's about a bunch of over-paid players turning up and kicking a ball about. History and romance is the blood essence of fitba the world over.

Mediocre player with an incredibly dodgy temperament

And yet head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else at ICT.

Refuse to laud a player who fell out with brewster after he failed to play him.100% behind brewster for that

Oh right. Now I get it.

Starchief,first two of your comments we have a debate.Last one were all guessing at your view.You are obviously a seasoned football fan so why the grey area?Ian Black is your big time charlie in a small time charlies body.Support your team not his next team

Guest birdog

Starchief,first two of your comments we have a debate.Last one were all guessing at your view.You are obviously a seasoned football fan so why the grey area?Ian Black is your big time charlie in a small time charlies body.Support your team not his next team

Get a grip ffs, Ian Black is very much part of the team which we all support, by your logic we should also turn our backs on the players we have here on loan or contracts only until the end of the season. Really get a ******* grip.