Calling Mantis, Charlie B

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Right then to answer the question (in my view)

In 1986 My Uncle took me to the Caley game V Aberdeen In February, I was 8 years old, We stood in the HE just on the Right hand side of the goal by the rails, It escapes me how badly we were thrashed but this was my first taste of ?Live Football? being the mid 80?s and everyone being skint my dad ( A Celtic Fan ) decided that a trip to Telford Street was an easy and cheaper way to feed his Son his football fix.

That and my uncle was one of those guys how seemed to know everyone there, in the stands and on the pitch, so I never really had to pay, I would walk in the big gates and show the old man standing by the gate the nod and show him my ?Blue Boys Card? that was out of date!!

I loved it, I would get a hard time at School because (At the time) I was just a Caley fan, not a Rangers or Aberdeen fan, but I would always be away to the away games be it Buckie, County or who ever, I loved the cup runs, Brechien and Clyed games were always the best ones. (The 2-2 home to St J?s that is something I will never forget and the atmosphere at McDermott Park was the best I have ever felt!! 80% of the ground was Caley fans!!) And telling my Tutor Teacher I wouldn?t be in that afternoon and being sent to the head teacher for being out of line by spelling out to him that I WILL NOT BE HERE thinking I was in for it for him to call me a fluky ******* and enjoy it was amazing. This was for me the start of the We could be bigger feeling, I was on the bus on an away day, who it was against escapes me (maybe Clyde I remember the replay being a white out) but it was called off last minuet while having brekki in Balinluig so we went to the fine fare cup Dundee V St J.

I have so Many good memories (Even years after, I was always reminded of the Bus down to games when someone near by was smoking something they shouldn?t have been)

I Miss those days, I stayed away for the First 2 seasons due in part to me hitting 16 being an apprentice and having to work weekends and to do with my feelings about the merger but then I started to think? One day we will be playing the ?Big Clubs? that I never wanted to follow play in Inverness I still think that the 5 years we played in the SPL were awesome and cant wait for the 1 Div football, I think from a fans point of view its better football its more Entertain. I have the last 7 home tops and im proud of my collection?

I can see the old schools point of view and respect them I only had 8 years of watching Caley, and they were honestly the best 8 year of football I will ever see in my opinion, but things have changed, a lot of the H-Enders went back to following there Big teams, those who didn?t and just went in to limbo or went with it are still here today and I beleve over the years the Limbo Lander, have come back. I?m willing to bet some of the P+B?s have Big Teams, but vent about the good old days on there.

As for the stealing of your pics Mantis, I?m getting my season ticket next week and will buy you that drink at some point next year. I nearly used it as my Pic on P+B but noticed that 108 had nicked it and he is a Venter so I stayed away?.

Ill shut up now, I hope this is kinda what you were after

(I never mentioned the Thistle games home and away as I was trying to be diplomatic)

Ross County games were carnage that bridge? Ill have flash back next season!!

I caught the earlier thread about the Old paper ' football times wasn't it printed below the old BB practice hall in Eastgate??// My big brother used to run for Scoop I remember, if the Jags were playing he used to run to the telephone box outside the Crown school; phone in , after deciphering Scoops writings and it appeared that night

• 3 weeks later...

I tell you what irritates me, is whenever an ICT story comes up on the Inverness Courier or Highland News website, the comments on it thing are always from people who call themselves things like "Smug Ex-Caley Fan" and stuff and go on and on about how they want ICT to go bust. If you go on there's an article on Hastings getting back in the Canada squad, and some gloating ex-Caley moron comes on to talk about something rather unrelated (his/her willingness to see ICT fail). Oh well, most are in the sunset of their years now, and hopefully their sun sets very soon.

I tell you what irritates me, is whenever an ICT story comes up on the Inverness Courier or Highland News website, the comments on it thing are always from people who call themselves things like "Smug Ex-Caley Fan" and stuff and go on and on about how they want ICT to go bust. If you go on there's an article on Hastings getting back in the Canada squad, and some gloating ex-Caley moron comes on to talk about something rather unrelated (his/her willingness to see ICT fail). Oh well, most are in the sunset of their years now, and hopefully their sun sets very soon.

you should post this comment on P+B and sit back and watch them crawl all over it... the mods on here do a great job of keeping these smug Ex Caley AND Jags (they knock about too) away and down.. :lol:

you should post this comment on P+B and sit back and watch them crawl all over it... the mods on here do a great job of keeping these smug Ex Caley AND Jags (they knock about too) away and down.. :rolleyes:

Most of the people who write these things are members of an obscure sect called "The 'We Can't Get Over It' Society" who hold their AGM in a phone box on September 9th every year.

Further information from B. Hornell, Edinburgh.

• 5 years later...