Andy Murray

Mee

That did have the air of an england penalty shoot out about it. Oh well, he made it to the fourth round, hopefully in the next tournament he'll improve on that. He's still young!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although he played some "horrible tennis" today, he still made it further than he's managed before, in any other sport he would be congratulated on getting a personal best. Oh well. Hope he announces who his coach will be soon, if it's Brad Gilbert the sky's the limit for him.

I think he should consider having McEnroe as his coach  :015:

I ain't a huge fan of tennis, but whenever I do get caught up in watching it, McEnroe is usually the reason (apart from this last week when I have been following Murray).  You could tell all throughout Murray's match the McEnroe was dying to see him get stuck in to the umpire.  Thats the kind of stuff that makes tennis entertaining in my book  :001:

I take it Andy didnae play to his potential then , missed it working away and returned to see his disapointed face in interview (he does disapointed well) ach well, aye next year.

Wee bit of an understatement with that suggestion, Hielandee - I propped myself up in front of the box with a couple of tinnies - hadn't felt so confident since the World Cup in 1978 - when Scotland squared up to Peru, in Argentina.... When Andy's match finished it was kinda like deja vu ...all over again, in fact. Thank God we Scots have learned to live with, and accept these wee disappointments that happen now & again... unlike our southern cousins who are still quibling about that bl*ody sending off in Germany.....

• 2 weeks later...

Andy's playing on grass at Newport, Rhode Island this week, he's the top seed in the tournament. He's just made it to the semi finals by beating Kendrick 6-0 6-0 in his second match of the day, as he still had a set to play from his previous match this morning. Well done Andy!  :notworthy01:

Guest airbornejake

johnboy i think you and MEE should get together and get it out your system. you both agree so much on your hatred of the engerlish i think you should go and have a beer or two. or whatever.

I don't hate the english, I just won't put up with being told to support them in anything!

And mee and JB are ahead of you on your other suggestion anyway  :001:

I don't hate the English either, Jake... I lived in Yorkshire for a few years - made lots of friends - loved the country pubs (and some city ones) .... Had a really enjoyable way of life in fact.

The English based football media people tend to stir up problems..... They can't quite grasp that there are 4 separate countries within the UK each with their own identity..... They can only see one - and get so p1ssed off when we don't all get behind that one.....

How's the recruitment drive going? Don't you think potential recruits should be made aware of US foreign policy (as long as Blairs in charge) before signing on the dotted line?

• 4 weeks later...

Andy's playing now in the final of the Legg Mason ATP Classic in Washington. It's his first tournament since Brad Gilbert became his coach, he's a break up in the first set  :003: :003: :003:

I think I just jinxed him, he's lost the first set on the tiebreak  :006:

I think he'll tire Clements out.... He (Andy) seems to be coping with the heat better....

Like this idea of challenging line calls, then letting computer graphics decide....

You can't beat good old grass though - eh Mee..!!??

:004: :004:

Freesat customers are the lowest of the low - we don't even get E4!

He's not doing too well in the second set, is it his serve letting him down again?

You're allowed to talk tennis on Anything Goes, that's why it's called Anything Goes  :001:

If you wanted, you could even look for new clients here FW  :015: