Andy Murray

Mee

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think grass might be both players best surface so if both play up to potential it should be a cracking match. Clay's a slower surface and that seems to suit Nadal more. Federer looks unstoppable on grass, he really humiliated Tim Henman. Roddick had an easy 2nd round match too, so I hope Andy playing his doubles match last night hasn't taken the edge of his game. He was serving quite well at the end, won the match on an ace (right after he double faulted!)

Found Andy's Official Site, if anyone wants to post a message of support for him, beware of english henman lovers who aren't very happy with Andy for some bizarre reason  :015:

The English are fairly getting stuck in2 Murray

Aye and I'm getting stuck into them back!!!!

What erseholes are posting, Scottish and english ones! Not you though Harry!)

Nah, its been going on for days! Ever since he said he was supporting anyone but England in the World Cup. More fragile english egos  :001:

Feck Ive died and gone to heaven!!!! That was tremendous! Andy Murray just did to Andy Roddick what we normally do to Hibs!!!!! Come on Andy!!!! Fourth round here we go  :003: :003: :003:

No it doesn't get much better than this... What a performance Andy boy ....!!

Thank feck the worst team in the World Cup finally got their come-uppance.... They've played the most boring football in tournament.... Along with that bl*ody awful Motson they are just pathetic.....

Good riddance.... :021:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

What a great day to be Scottish!  I think Andy was having a wee giggle to himself when asked about the England game but all credit to him for conducting himself in such a way from the questions he was asked!

I wonder now that the world cup is over for England if all those that were giving him stick b4 will be praising the new "british" hero.

Well done Andy you've done us all proud!

Here's the fourth round draw (the Beeb got it wrong the first time I posted it!)

Roger Federer (Swi) (1) v Tomas Berdych (Cze) (13)

Novak Djokovic (SeM) v Mario Ancic (Cro) (7)

Fernando Verdasco (Spa) (28) v Radek Stepanek (Cze) (14)

Jonas Bjorkman (Swe) v Max Mirnyi (Blr)

Lleyton Hewitt (Aus) (6) v David Ferrer (Spa) (23)

Marcos Baghdatis (Cyp) (18) v Andrew Murray (SCO)

Dmitry Tursunov (Rus) (27) v Jarkko Nieminen (Fin) (22)

Irakli Labadze (Geo) v Rafael Nadal (Spa) (2) 

:003: :003: :003: I'm still just delighted!!!!

Yeah - but looks like he'll face Hewitt again if he wins through on Monday....  If he can produce the form he produced today again - what's to stop him reaching the final....

He really is something special - watching him today you just knew that once he returned Roddick's serve and started a rally, he would end up winning the point - he's got such a fantastic array of shots.....

He played some fantastic tennis today, probably as good as he has ever played, and he even conducted himself in a reasonable manner. :003:well done that boy.

Im still grinning from yesterday, fantastic stuff!

The order of play for Monday has Andy playing Baghdatis in the second match on Centre.

COME ON ANDY!!!!!

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

What a great day to be Scottish!  I think Andy was having a wee giggle to himself when asked about the England game but all credit to him for conducting himself in such a way from the questions he was asked!

I wonder now that the world cup is over for England if all those that were giving him stick b4 will be praising the new "british" hero.

Well done Andy you've done us all proud!

You are spot on there, Harry - The English are very quick to switch to being British when it suits them.... Good to see the media completely taken in by Andy saying that it would have been great for British sport had England won the world cup.... nice one, Andy - you fooled them all with that one..!!  :015: :015:

I taped his match so I'm watching it again - I'm just enjoying his fantastic serve at 4-2 in the first set tiebreak - and I also get to enjoy Ronaldo scoring his penalty all over again  :003: :003: :003:

He has started at snails pace, not the same conviction he had when he played Roddick. If he does not wake up soon, the histrionics will start and he will be out sooner rather than later.

Wake up son ffs

Quite frankly he needs a boot up the erse. That must be the worst attempt by anyone to play tennis, it's as though he can't be ersed because it's not his balls, once again his attitude stinks. Get the finger out laddie, you are playing rubbish and just don't look interested.

Or are you just wanting a five setter?