Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

Who thinks that we should really bring back the old stadium announcer. The new person isnt really up for the job.

Not just the talking that pisses me off but he has no idea of the controls. The volume of the music is either too loud or too quiet everytime that he is in charge of the p.a.?

And what a mess of the nessie track and at half time when the pipes went off when ryan esson was half way on the pitch.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an important job richt enuff. I havent heard him but it is essential to the matchday atmosphere, so has to be entertaining, creative and above all professional. What do others think? Good or bad?

He seemed to have trouble with his Dundee and Dundee Utd's. Not good.

Agree with first poster, PS system was absolutely useless. Music too loud and then you couldn't hear teams or scores. To mix Dundee up with Dundee Utd was a joke. No atmosphere created by the stadium announcer who could do a lot more to generate atmosphere. Some clubs would die for the opportunity to be able to use a song like Monster with all the connections to Loch Ness but, as usual our off field performance is absymal. So much more could and should be done to encourage fans but the Marketing team seem clueless on how to do this.

Aye, he could be a wee bit more enthusiastic, however some of you may recall when Livvy were in the SPL they had an announcer who was WAY WAY over the top and he became very irritating.

So there is a balance to be had, somewhere in between eh, bring back titch eh?

The PA system sounds pretty good now - there used to be problems with it. The clarity is excellent when set up properly.

Agree about the stadium announcer though - obviously NOT a football man (Motherwell v. Dundee!) and one of the most irritating voices I've heard in a long time.

There was somebody doing it a while ago with a good Inverness (or thereabouts) accent who came across very well. Don't think it was Titch though.

The PA system sounds pretty good now - there used to be problems with it. The clarity is excellent when set up properly.

Agree about the stadium announcer though - obviously NOT a football man (Motherwell v. Dundee!) and one of the most irritating voices I've heard in a long time.

There was somebody doing it a while ago with a good Inverness (or thereabouts) accent who came across very well. Don't think it was Titch though.

you couldn't have been in the north stand on saturday then buckett!!

Any games I've been at I've thought the announcer was poor. It's too easy to criticise I suppose when you're not the one with the mic under your nose. Needs looking at by the powers that be at The Dump.

At the end of the killie game he read out our score ;)

WE JUST FECKIN WATCHED IT!!!!!! :rotflmao: :thumb04:

:018:

some people might not have a gud memory lol, or mayb it was to wind up the killie fans, but doubt it lol

At the end of the killie game he read out our score :rotflmao:

WE JUST FECKIN WATCHED IT!!!!!! :thumb04: :018:

;)

some people might not have a gud memory lol, or mayb it was to wind up the killie fans, but doubt it lol

I must confess to being at matches where I hadn't a clue what the final score was until being told outside the stadium by some bemused fans. :015: :lol:

The volume was a bit much at the start, wouldn't have been so bad with a decent PA system but the tone was deafening with that crappy tannoys.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Anyone no who the guy was on saturday??? and why wasnt the other guy doing it??? I remeber we had another guy ages ago....where he go?? He was the guy that made the brewster babes joke :rotflmao: (think it was our first two seasons in the SPL we had him)

Our PA System is far from being the best, but it is much better than it once was.

With regards the announcer...I'm not going to criticise individuals, but the club need to realise that if they want to improve the matchday experience then the guy/girl with the mic is as (if not more) important to setting the mood/tone in the ground as anyone else and you need someone who can work the crowd.

have to say, im not up alot, but it was very noticeable the guy on the mic. think we could have a little more enthusiastic person than him.

seen other comments, doing it for the love of the job, hes a football man, thats all very good...but its not very professional. imagine what the Killie fans were thinking ha!

Just aswell we pumped them!

Absolutely sh@te pa announcer on saturday. The best bit about a goal is being able to cheer it after the announcer reads it out, and he was so quiet i didn't even know who had scored the first goal! Then he played that dreadful bagpipes sh*t when it was only the subs, played it again when killie came out and finally got it right when the caley players come out. Bring back the other guy!!!

Absolutely sh@te pa announcer on saturday. The best bit about a goal is being able to cheer it after the announcer reads it out, and he was so quiet i didn't even know who had scored the first goal! Then he played that dreadful bagpipes sh*t when it was only the subs, played it again when killie came out and finally got it right when the caley players come out. Bring back the other guy!!!

Thanks for your feedback everyone. To set the record straight, Ali who is our resident matchday PA announcer was away this weekend and Jud stepped in to help.

Ali will be back as normal from our next home game v St Mirren on the 4th April.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. To set the record straight, Ali who is our resident matchday PA announcer was away this weekend and Jud stepped in to help.

Ali will be back as normal from our next home game v St Mirren on the 4th April.

hallelujah. the pa's job is one of the most important on matchday, he's usually the one who gets the atmosphere going after a goal.

Slow news week I suppose.

If thats all we have to be worried, stroll on.

Aye, good point well made. Debating the stadium announcer is nothing to what was going on here a couple of months ago. Enuff said.

Slow news week I suppose.

If thats all we have to be worried, stroll on.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: yes! but its sumthing that i think is a big issue.

The staduim announcer should be able to make the crowd cheer when they read out the line up, Now im in secection f of the north stand and i couldnt hear anyone shout waaaay like normal.

He just read it out without any entusuism (i cant spell ;) )