JOHN RANKIN SIGNS FER ICT

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another IHE exclusive  :017:

By the law of averages he has to get one story right - well you'd think so!!  :016:

Yeovil Town have made a bid for him according to the Express

Guest LiviLion

just been told he has signed for yeovil and the reason he wants to further his career in the english 2nd division than the spl dosnt that tel lyou something

Either Rankin or Hoolahan will likely join the team in Italy.  Graham Bennet stayed behind to tie up a deal with one of these player.  Both are now close to completion, but only one will be signed.

Livilion, I notice in a couple of your posts a slight bitterness towards the SPL and the quality of football produced. What you fail to note is that its teams like yours, who got into big debt by trying to buy their way to success, that made this league the way it is.

It doesn't say in my P & J that he has signed.  It does say that a fee of around £65,000 has been agreed and as you say he has been given permission to speak to us.  Of course he is keen to play in the SPL and at the Supporters Trust Forum, CC made it very clear that he expected him to be in ICT colours next season.

The only stumbling block will be the situation with Hoolahan.  If a deal can be struck with him then Rankin may just have left it too late.

The P & J article certainly has a positive outlook on Rankin coming to Inverness.

Even the JailEnder agrees.  :003:

Author:  Subject: County accept Caleys offer for Rankin

thejailender

posted on 6-7-0606 at 06:53 AM   

County accept Caleys offer for Rankin

Ross County have accepted Caley's offer of £65,000 for John Rankin.

The player is now in talks with Caley regarding personal terms, but there should be no problems there, so the deal will probably be confirmed later today.

The main reason for him being sold, I believe is that he was offered a new deal at County, and his reluctance to accept the deal did not impress new manager Scott leitch who only wants players who want to play for the club, and his indecision indicated he was not fully focused on playing for County - that is why the offer was accepted !

Ya get the prophecies first with IHE.  :clapping04: :clapping04: :notworthy01: :notworthy01:

why were/are we close to completing both deals if we only want 1? i would prefer both,maybe that means we have no intention of selling black if were only signing 1?

I agree. Let's cash in on Blackie now, while we can, and go for both Hoolahan and Rankin. If we have signed Rankin it seems a bit odd to let the talks with Hoolahan get to such an advanced stage. What do we now say to Hoolahan...'Ach sorry Wes, we don't want you now??'

I agree. Let's cash in on Blackie now, while we can, and go for both Hoolahan and Rankin. If we have signed Rankin it seems a bit odd to let the talks with Hoolahan get to such an advanced stage. What do we now say to Hoolahan...'Ach sorry Wes, we don't want you now??'

We say you should have dropped your wage demands earlier.

it seems a bit odd to let the talks with Hoolahan get to such an advanced stage. What do we now say to Hoolahan...'Ach sorry Wes, we don't want you now??'

says in todays p+j swansea are keen on hoolohan and they can match his wage demands so maybe we dropped intrest and signed rankin instead

I thought the delays have been caused by the failure of the Fox/Fraser deal, and the subsequent transfer fee being asked for by Livi, not by his excessive wage demands. The way it comes across, personal terms had been near enough agreed.