JOHN RANKIN SIGNS FER ICT

Your spot on davieB - Hoojamawhatshisfliphan had already agreed to drop his wage demands to those being offered to the majority of ICT players if a fee/release could be agreed with Livingston.

I have a gut feeling we may might still see both Hoolihan and Rankin in ICT shirts for the upcoming season.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess Rankin's agent is demanding a cut of the transfer fee due to the fact that players are generally due a percentage if they have not asked for a move. 

This  would have to be thrashed out between County and Rankin.  As such there's not much we can do to reconcile the disagreement.

Spot on ymip. The agent, as feckin usual, has made this deal stumble along. He is trying to hold the Tinks to ransom by claiming that Rankin is due a percentage of the transfer fee going to Tinkerville. That is on the basis that he is still under contract with them and they are selling him. But Rankin put in a transfer request. The deal is done, the squabble between the players agents and Tinkerville will probably go on fer some time.

The Team Talk article also says there is a problem between us and the players agent as well. It would seem the only 2 parties who hae agreed anything are us and County with regards the fee  :006:

Guest LiviLion

Yeovil have renewed interest in Rankin and can pay alot more than caley so it looks like division 2 is more lucrative than the sphell  :001:

Yeovil have renewed interest in Rankin and can pay alot more than caley so it looks like division 2 is more lucrative than the sphell  :001:

Your posts are hilariously bad!  :015:

Yeah But No But Yeah But No But Yeah But........... :015:

Regardless of the outcome I am confident that Grassa & Co will have done whatever is best for the club.  If that means telling Rankin to GTF with stupid wage demands, or Agents trying to get a slice of the pie or whatever, then so be it.

Would like to see Rankin in an ICT shirt, but with us not having lost any players it would not be the end of the world if it fell through.

What happened to the days when all transfers were kept behind closed doors until the deal is completed??

Should have been signed and sealed before the press were involved, now we have successfully advertised our desire to sign Rankin and that we can't afford to complete the deal.... we have basically done another teams scouting for them

I suspect those days disappeared around about the same time as you could take a person on their word.

Although I do not agree with the actions of many agents these days I can kind of understand the position they find themselves in.  With transfer fee's reducing dramatically in the last few years (especially in Scotland) the Golden Age is over for Agents.  They now find themselves having to scramble for every penny they can, even if it is only a few quid off the back of a £70k move which would have been peanuts not that long ago.  Whereas an agent could be confident that another "big" move with a nice payday would be around the corner, that is no longer the case.