News from Italy.

Just to let ICT fans know that there will be a small "media" group in Italy not too far away from the ICT squad so news will get back here, hopefully quite soon.

Kenny MacPherson and Trevor Martin will be there to do pics for various newspapers, including the local press.

Alasdair Fraser  will also be doing newspaper reports .

I'll have stuff fairly regluarly on BBC local bulletins either at 0750, 1254 or 1654. This can be accessed on 92-95FM but only within the Highlands and Islands. I also hope to have an overview on radio after the team returns and there will be coverage in the Highland News both this coming week and next.

I'm not sure what The Courier are going to have, but there WILL be information available if you keep your eyes and ears open.

We met Alasdair Fraser in Denmark and he's a nice guy, bet he's delighted to be going out there rather than staying for our lovely Scottish summer!

Watch yourself at those pedestrian crossings Charles. Some of these Italian drivers seem colour blind when it comes to a red traffic light - especially the motorcyclists!!  :crazy07: :driving02:

I can exclusively reveal that, despite Capello leaving Juventus, Charlie Christie is set to remain in charge of ICT. Charlie has long been admired by the Juventus fans for the way he has set the heather alight in Scotland with his fluent style of football *cough cough*. The Bianconeri had been hoping to gain permission to talk to the ICT manager but their approach was not welcomed by Graeme Bennet who, in a statement said "Get stuffed".

If Christie had gone it would have been expected that he would have taken a few of his current squad with him including Ian Black who was viewed by the Juventus fans as the perfect replacement for Ross County bound Patrick Viera. Rumours that Juve had turned their attentions to Alex Smith have resulted in a large exodus of fans from Turin on scooters with some appearing to shout "Alex Smith? Nessuna probabilitá! Sosterrei piuttosto la Città di Elgin!".

CB has an article in the Highland News.  Things seem to be going well.  Very hot and they haven't had much sleep.  Italy partied into the wee small hours after their win the other night. 

Anyone know when we're actually playing a game?

Once again the silence is deafening from ICT, they can somehow tell the Record who we're playing but can they tell the fans? Oh no, that'd be far too nice and sensible an idea!

Are they not due to play some lowly Seria C team, Juve?

BTW, saw the pic on the back of Tuesday's Courier.  Couldn't quite make out the blond guy with the No 11 training top on (Juanjo's old number).  Was it Alan Morgan or a new signing? 

Anyone know when we're actually playing a game? Once again the silence is deafening from ICT, they can somehow tell the Record who we're playing but can they tell the fans? Oh no, that'd be far too nice and sensible an idea!

I believe we are playing two games against local sides, one tomorrow, one on Friday ... no one from Serie A, B or C as they are not back in training yet ...

The first game is tonight, kick off 7:30 UK time, at a ground which we have come to call "Stadio del Big Hill behind Montecatini Terme". It looks a wee bit like the Queens Park in Inverness. It's where the team have been training much of the time, working extremely hard and looking very fit. But to return to the game, it's against Montecatini and seems to be of a level which suits Charlie perfectly.

There will be a match report on the BBC Highlands and Islands bulletin sat 7:50. There are also hopes that something will arrive with the Scottish press tomorrow morning.

There's a second game against another side on Saturday night.

It's been extremely hot out here with temperatures up to 35C. The players have been doing double sessions in this, except today when there's just a single morning session in advance of the game.

Well I can't find bog all about this football team on t'internet. I've Googled it...the lot...result...zilch. Is Montecatini a boys club side or what. I've gone through all the Serie A B C D F etc etc - nowt. Is the team actually called Montecatini ? Wouldn't mind knowing a little about the side really...just adds a bit of interest.

Nearest match I could find was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.C._Montichiari

Nice colours though...  :004:

Guest ictdave

It says in the sun Montecatini Terme V Caley Thistle (8.00)But Charles says its on at 7.30.  Will the game be on radio scotland online

Kick off time was advanced by half an hour yesterday to 8:30 local time, 7:30 UK time. It definitely won't be on BBC online. We have about 20 min on the bus back to the hotel after the match but IF we can get a hold of the necessary internet facilities, we'll do our best to put a score and outline details on this site as soon as we can. But in any case I'll have a report on the BBC's Highlands and Islands bulletin just before 8 tomorrow morning. Report and photos will also be sent to most national papers.

I understand the team will be playing in white this evening.

We are also wondering if this will be the first ever ICT game where there is not a single ICT fan in support?

IF we can get a hold of the necessary internet facilities, we'll do our best to put a score and outline details on this site as soon as we can. Report and photos will also be sent to most national papers.

Charles - If you are unable to get extended Internet access you can email myself or CaleyD and we will get a report online.

I believe we’re playing either A.S. Montecatini Valdinievole or MontecatiniMurialdo tonight. They both appear to play in the Tuscan regional leagues. 

I’d hazard a guess at Highland League standard but better looking.

The fact that A.S. Montecatini Valdinievole play in sky blue and white is about as much info as I've been able to unearth.

Watch out for their Ultras Charles  :015: