Signings For Next Season

dam17

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep hold of what we've got and we will be ok. That saying, I expect Foran to move on. Possibly Mihadjuks. I could see Morais and Kerr staying. However, if we do keep everyone, then probably 'just' Black to replace.

If Saints go down, there's a few there that could be useful - actually I think Mason's contract is ending, so he would do for a start. I've always liked him as a player. Also, Killie could have a firesale. Don't know who we could get at Hamilton (assuming we can't afford McArthur, McCarthy and Offiong) that would improve us, whilst Falkirk's best players are all on their last legs (Pressley, McNamara, Lovell, McCann). Higdon maybe? Surprised how poor Burton O'Brien has been, and Barr.

I've heard Rangers might be looking to offload a couple :rotflmao:

Its hard to say ......

assuming we stay up, and can persuade some of the players on short term contracts to stay (Morais, Mihadjuks, Kerr, Foran etc) then we are probably looking at a #2 keeper, a LB and a RB and maybe an experienced or proven striker.

Keeper - Fraser is away and Esson needs competition for his place so thats a no-brainer

LB - Lionel has made a few more errors than is acceptable in recent games and Richard is in the twilight of his career. Both can still do a job but if someone better is available then we have to snap them up.

RB - Rossco - although we love him to bits - he also needs competition to stay on his toes. Proctor isnt providing that.

Striker - Rooney will come good I think and although we have Imrie & Morais in addition to Wood and Barrowman, we need someone who can score regularly at this level. I guess it depends on who goes down as to who/whether we could afford someone from the relegated team.

Black - We will be sorry to see him go but I think we have a decent replacement in Vigurs so that doesnt concern me so much. We also have Kerr (if he stays), Duncan, McBain etc so we could absorb the loss of Blackie.

Don't think Foran will move on, he seems to be loving it up here, enjoying getting in the first 11 every week, settled in well, and obviously gets on well with the Gaffer.. Can't see him leaving, Morais is more likely to if ya ask me.

Mihadjuks, we must keep hold of, if not our defence will be very shaky, if we dont take in a decent replacement.

If Hamilton went down the boy Mensing could be the answer to our LB problems.

I hope it's Falkirk though, but think it'll be Killie.

Mehdi Taouil and Willie Gibson from Kilmarnock if they go down.

Steve Lovell from Falkirk if they go down.

A back up keeper for when Fraser goes.

Mihadjuks, Kerr, Foran and Morais on long term deals.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Get Kerr, Foran, Morais & Mihadjuks all on long contracts

What about Odhiambo??? Maybe give the lad more time.....

We need to wait and see where we will be playing next season before jumping ahead of ourselves about signing players

We're not out of the woods yet so is it no a bit premature to be talking about "Next Season "!

Sorry if i'm sounding negative, i want us to stay up as much as anyone but for now we should just take one week at a time .

Lets hope Falkirk & St Mirren get gubbed on Wednesday for starters !

Tbh i really wouldn't lose much sleep if Imrie left.

The only player leaving potentially that would bother me would me Mihadjuks.

If were dipping into the lower leagues then i would love to see us sign Mikael Antoine-Curier at Dundee. I've watched him play once or twice this season and he has been really impressive. And he's big. We need a big striker.

Aye, far too early to look at new signings for next season. Our No.1 priority is the campaign to stay up and we just mustn't for a second lose sight of that goal. We're not out of danger by any means. Yes, we had a good weekend and the other results couldn't have gone better but a couple of bad results and we could be back among the strugglers. When the season is over and we are safe then that's the time to look to changes in the squad.

Can't see any decisions being made until we know for certain which league we'll be in next season. If (when) survival is guaranteed then I imagine the club will already have a budget worked out so they can tell Butcher he's got X amount and he can immediately offer deals to the guys he wants to keep.

Only after that's been done will Butcher know what gaps he has to fill (although he may already have a couple in mind). In the current climate I can't see too many players being quick to turn down a contract offer unless they have something concrete lined up elsewhere.....and with many teams likely to be downsizing then opportunities might not be as forthcoming as they might have been in the past.

Can't see any decisions being made until we know for certain which league we'll be in next season. If (when) survival is guaranteed then I imagine the club will already have a budget worked out so they can tell Butcher he's got X amount and he can immediately offer deals to the guys he wants to keep.

Only after that's been done will Butcher know what gaps he has to fill (although he may already have a couple in mind). In the current climate I can't see too many players being quick to turn down a contract offer unless they have something concrete lined up elsewhere.....and with many teams likely to be downsizing then opportunities might not be as forthcoming as they might have been in the past.

too true... this thread is far too premature

4 points off bottom, we still have plenty to prove before we can talk about potential signings for next season. Keeping what we have is the only priority the club should have at the moment, signing Pavels & Foran would be a massive plus

We don't have a great finisher except morais but i think anthony stokes would be great signing he is still young. He's currently on loan to crystal palace from sunderland. But I doubt wood and barrowman will see next season. I think if we win our next two matches we're safe. :rotflmao:

Stokes would be a good one but I reckon the best and most affordable signing ICT could makew up-front would be that Welsh bloke who plays for Llanelli (or something like that). He knocked in 40 last season.

Stokes has really lost his sharpness in the last year or so. Wonder if he would benefit from some SPL footy again.

It was courtesy of one of Munro's "hoofs" that we got our equaliser on Saturday.

Dods isn't getting a game at United atm so he may be a decent signing as well.

Edited by ajsict92

dont know how many of you seen the record the day but there was a bit on Bobby Williamson and he was saying that there is some cracking talent in africa and the market was very cheap.. The clubs are semi-pro and its been said that any players club would not stand in the way of them chasing better football. Look at David Obua at hearts hes been good when iv seen him and i know that not every player in africa is good but it could work for us. Sure we might pick up a dud once in a while but i reckon if we find the brilliant players and get them to come over im sure they would jump at the chance of playing regular football if they are upto the challenge. If we do pick any duds im sure we could always sell to a smaller club and easily get our money back.

I reckon the best and most affordable signing ICT could make up-front would be that Welsh bloke who plays for Llanelli (or something like that). He knocked in 40 last season.

And Barrowman scored 29 last season :rotflmao:

dont know how many of you seen the record the day but there was a bit on Bobby Williamson and he was saying that there is some cracking talent in africa and the market was very cheap.. The clubs are semi-pro and its been said that any players club would not stand in the way of them chasing better football. Look at David Obua at hearts hes been good when iv seen him and i know that not every player in africa is good but it could work for us.

To be fair to Craig Brewster (for a second), he did look far and wide for signings and that included Africa. Eastern Europe, Africa and even the MLS could be good "shopping centres" for us given our likely budget restraints.

I reckon the best and most affordable signing ICT could make up-front would be that Welsh bloke who plays for Llanelli (or something like that). He knocked in 40 last season.

True but that was division 2, I reckon the Welsh Premier League is probably about Scottish Division 1 standard.

And Barrowman scored 29 last season :thumb04:

True but that was division 2, I reckon the Welsh Premier League is probably about Scottish Division 1 standard.

:rotflmao:

More like Highland League standard!!!

The only decent welsh teams are Swansea and Cardiff and they don't even play in the welsh leagues. None of the players in the welsh league even make the national team.

Since fraser is leveing in the summer we need a back up goalie and compitition for esson. We could sign marvin andrews and jason scotland probably.

Not sure about McGuire...........think he's past it. Byrne.......haven't seen enough of. Barrowman.........can he do it?? All the rest I'd be happy to keep with the addition of an experienced keeper, a left and right wing back, a couple of central midfielders and a John Hartson type striker.

One or two would need to be moved on though. The three I've mentioned and season long loans in the first div for Wood and Zander to give them more experience and a chance to get back into the SPL the following season.

Guest Mahonio

How about Rickie Lambert.

I would still like us to sign or attempt to sign Callum Elliott but doubt he would come noe he gets games for Hearts.

Goalie wise maybe Kasper Schmeichel or Tim Krul.

To be perfectly honest though, i don't really care who we sign as long as their decent and can do a job for us.

Butch, i trust you to in Market.