Signings For Next Season

dam17

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i was reading on the dons forum that they want rid of mackie, and apparently hes wants to come to caley. suggestions?

He would be taking a big wage cut if he came to caley. If anything he will go down south

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 100% Ross-Shire sadly :018:

I think Dods would rather stay at Utd than come back to Caley. Pressley returning north :rotflmao: When was he ever north???

Ross-Shire is a great place and the more people from there who support ICT the better!! My parents met in Dingwall but moved after they got married (close one). :thumb04:

Elvis is from Elgin so coming north would be a bit of a homecoming. But, like Dods, he will get more money with the Central Belt clubs than with ICT, sadly.

i was reading on the dons forum that they want rid of mackie, and apparently hes wants to come to caley. suggestions?

Mackie would be a great signing. But if he is anything like when he came on loan here a few seasons back then forget it.

i think he would be a totally different player up here.

Guest Mahonio

i was reading on the dons forum that they want rid of mackie, and apparently hes wants to come to caley

What is the address to confirm this and what topic name does it have.

btw, he would be an excellent signing in my opinion. with him here my personal frontline would be him and Foran.

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

My choices and positions would be as follows:

Goalkeeper: With Fraser off we need someone to challenge him so what about Colin Samson the former Killie goalie who has just been released by an English club?

Defence: To be honest we need to get Mihadjuks on a longer contract but i would like to see Steve Smith come as he has been linked with a move away from Ibrox.

Midfield: Again we need to get new/longer contracts for the likes of Foran and Kerr etc.. but i am not to sure of anyone who could be useful for us next season for this position, help is apppreciated by the way?

Strikers: I would like to see us sign Andy Jackson, Callum Elliott (unlikely however), Steven Milne and Mark Roberts and get rid of Rory Mac but give Barrowman more time, please don't laugh or criticise if possible as this in only my opinion.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Defence: To be honest we need to get Mihadjuks on a longer contract but i would like to see Steve Smith come as he has been linked with a move away from Ibrox.

Buy??? or come to us on Loan???

One I watched tonight is Centre forward Mark McAllister of Linfield in the Irish League. Quick, strong and 6' 5" tall. And hes just about 21. On a part time contract at Linfield.

He is quick and a good prospect but not 6'5". He's a bit of a midget - around 5'7" or so and I don't think he's any better than Odhiambo, Imrie etc.

A better prospect in my view is Curtis Allen of Lisburn Distillery. Only 20 and is joint top scorer in the league -He's also brilliant from set pieces and would be a cheaper option.

Cant argue about his hieght. Got that of Wiki.

Guest Mahonio

Rory left in January.

I thought that was only on Loan though.

Buy??? or come to us on Loan???

Well it does not matter but probably on loan.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Rory left in January.

I thought that was only on Loan though.

Nuh dont think so. His name has being taken of our website

Did we let him go then??? I thought his contract was up in the summer like zanders and that??? So dont think its a pre-contract

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Rory was released from his contract in January.

When players get released do the club give them money to buy out there contract??? or something like that

Rory was released from his contract in January.

When players get released do the club give them money to buy out there contract??? or something like that

He may have been paid the remainder of his contract. I dont know. I just remember he was told he was free to find another team and that his contract would not be up for renewal.

From what I hear he's doing well where he is now.

Dorus DeVries (GK) - Very Good goalkeeper that helped Dunfermline throught to the Scottish Cup final. Wasnt his day the last time he was at inverness but keepers do make mistakes.

Chris Doig (DEF) - Northampton - Great in the air, good strong player, reads the game well.

ICT for my mind could still do with another big centre-half and I reckon I can solve the problem simply. Have a look a centre-bcks in countries like Figi, Tonga, Samoa etc. It makes sense really. They're all built like barn doors, really wide and can run faster than Linford Christie. Imagine the fear in the other teams wee strikers when one of these guys is coming head at them.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Dorus DeVries (GK) - Very Good goalkeeper that helped Dunfermline throught to the Scottish Cup final. Wasnt his day the last time he was at inverness but keepers do make mistakes.

Cant see him wanting to leave Swansea any time soon

Guest Mahonio

Another couple of names to add to list even if it is unlikely they would sign but here goes anyway: Derek Soutar for sub Goalie and Lee Mair for defender.

Thoughts?

Lee Mair probably a risk as he's not shone at either D Utd or the Dons, so could end up another McGuire. I wouldn't be against it myself as I think he could actually shine, given a longer run in a team. He was a very promising player before the big injury a few years ago.

Elvis is from Elgin

:rotflmao:

WHAT!!! :thumb04:

Another couple of names to add to list even if it is unlikely they would sign but here goes anyway: Derek Soutar for sub Goalie and Lee Mair for defender.

Thoughts?

Lee Mair :018:

Derek Soutar - I thought he was settled in nicely with County, anyway, he's not the best.

end up another McGuire

oi, :rotflmao: he's a good player, wasn't good under brewsters management tho. He's injured at the moment but everyone gets a new chance with Butcher

I read that while Butcher was manager at Well he tried to sign Craig Easton from Livingston but he joined Leyton Orient instead. Plays for Swindon atm and was managed by Malpas while he was manager there. He isn't a regular in the team so he may be worth a look at.

He also tried to sign Pat McCourt who plays for Celtic while he was at Well so we could try to get him on loan. Watched him play for Celtic reserves and he was really good.

After watching the Queen of the South highlights i would at least look at signing Stephen Dobbie. His contract is up soon i think but i don't know if he could cut it in the SPL.

Jim Paterson played for Butcher at Motherwell and is out of the picture at Plymouth. Motherwell fans speak highly of him and i think we tryed to him in January so we could try again. Good utility player, left-back, left-mid or centre mid.

Edited by ajsict92

One I watched tonight is Centre forward Mark McAllister of Linfield in the Irish League. Quick, strong and 6' 5" tall. And hes just about 21. On a part time contract at Linfield.

He is quick and a good prospect but not 6'5". He's a bit of a midget - around 5'7" or so and I don't think he's any better than Odhiambo, Imrie etc.

A better prospect in my view is Curtis Allen of Lisburn Distillery. Only 20 and is joint top scorer in the league -He's also brilliant from set pieces and would be a cheaper option.

Cant argue about his hieght. Got that of Wiki.

Incidently Curtis Allen scored a cracking 30 yard free-kick against Linfield on Sat.

Quite like a lot of the suggestions on this thread, Jim Paterson would be a quality signing for us, so would Stephen Dobbie but I think Swansea are after him and he will get more money down south. No chance with Darren Mackie, I'd rather have Barrowman, only time Mackie ever plays well is when his contract is just about up and he is trying to win a new one.