Elgin Friendly

RiG

Ross P has posted it  :004:

Brown

Caff Dods Munro (Hastings) Golly

Wilson (Hart) Keogh (Duncan) Black (McBain) Morgan

Wyness Dargo (McAllister)

I thought Morgan came off as well - am I missing a sub or got someone muddled up?

Feck me. We played the same team at Elgin and Huntly  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Whoops! The ambiguity had me confuzzled!

Its called Pre Season Tension, an inner frustration, the not knowing what the feck is going on, the absolute craving fer proper football.

How do I cope. I start a rumour or wind up the Tinks or the Midden. Feckin cathartic relief or wot.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Here is the Elgin take on things

City unable to punish a sloppy Caley side

Elgin City 0

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2

Dargo 19, Black 40

After scoring their two goals in the first half, Caley Thistle then became sloppy and let Elgin City back into the game in the second period. It was a lively opening and Chris Finigan went close for City in the 18th minute. However, a minute later and Elgin was 1-0 down. Barry Wilson’s cross was tapped in at the far post by Craig Dargo. ICT then turned up the pressure, making Renton pull off a couple of wonder saves. But he couldn't do anything about Black's chip from the edge of the box, five minutes from the break to give the Invernesians a 2-0.

Whatever Brian Irvine said to the players during the half-time break, it worked. They came out a different team, with an Allan Dempsie rocket shot saved, Chris Gardiner hit the post and Martin Johnston's follow-up was cleared off the line. Gardiner then had a headed on to MJ but his chance was smothered by Brown. All in all, it was literally a game of two halves - the difference was - ICT took their chances and scored.

Elgin City: Keiron Renton, Paul Kaczan, Allan Dempsie, Stephen Lowe, Hugh Dickson, Allan Muir, Chris Finigan, Craig Campbell, Martin Johnston, Chris Gardiner, Adam Nelson. Subs: Michael Morrison, Martin Charlesworth, Gary Tweedie, Jordan Main, David Smith, Sean McIntosh, Stewart Knight.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle: Brown, McCaffrey, Dods, Munro, Golabek, Wilson, Black, Keogh, Morgan, Dargo, Wyness. Subs: McBain, Duncan, Hastings, Hart, McAllister, Bayne, Smith.

Referee: Mike Ritchie.