Elgin Friendly

RiG

Right time for a dedicated thread. Who is heading along to this one?

I've managed to get hold of some prices for the game but not sure if they are 100% correct.

Stand Adult £10

Stand Concession £5

Ground Adult £8

Ground Concession £4

Guest ictdave

I would really like to go to this but as i dont have any transport down do u think the club or kath might be running a bus down.  I know its only a friendly but i hope there is a bus going.

I was at the Elgin City v. Aberdeen friendly, and Elgin were actually not looking too bad. Despite the 5-0 scoreline, 3 of the goals were from good set pieces, and Elgin hit the post when the game was 0-0; so the scoreline flattered Aberdeen.

Elgin were organised at the back, No.4 especially was good. Former ICT player Chris Finnegan didn't do anything of note when he came on, but Martin Johnston looked dangerous and held the ball up very well. Brian Irvine has them playing a lot better than when i last saw them a year ago under Davie Robertson.

Watch out for Aberdeen youth player Chris McGuire this coming season, looked especially dangerous when he came on.

Looking forward to the game on wednesday, maybe some of the boys will have caught a bit of the Jimmy Calderwood complextion whilst in Italy!!

Also, chances are Elgin will be using their "All Black" strip; which actually looks really good.

However, they will not be able to use it in the upcoming season, as they forgot to register it with the SFL apparantely, and there is some parts of the strip that don't conform with the rules. So Elgin have a warehouse of replica shirts that won't be used in the new season. Genius.

Well... 2-0 to Caley.

BROWN- some great saves in the second half, poor kicking- whats new?

CAFF- Solid, looked confident going forward, always looking to get up the wing.

GOLLY- Not great, lost the ball frequently.

DODDS- Solid in first half, ropey in second half, allowing through balls, not challenging for headers.

MUNRO- Solid first half, subbed for Hastings at half time

WILSON- Ups and downs, good volley that was miracously saved by Renton

MORGAN- Some poor crosses, some great. Didn't look comfortable running at players.

BLACKIE- Player of the first half, scored a good 20yard goal. On recieving end of some tasty tackles

KEOGH- Did well, looked busy, always had head up

WYNESS- Completely absent, didn't look hungry. Not a great game. Managed 2 good shots however.

DARGO- Ran ragged. Reminded me of the start last season. Strikers tap in at back post for opener.

SUBS

HASTINGS- On for Munro. Solid enough, some lapses in concentration though.

HART- Looked positive, but dare i say it.... overweight?

DUNCAN- Didna do much, some good tackles, some good passes, nothing out of the ordinary.

MCBAIN- Poor game, wasn't impressed with him today. Not sure about his future at the club.

MCALLISTER- Really looked confident, some good crosses, good turns of pace, looked to take on players.

First half we could've been about 4/5 up if it wasn;t for the heroics of the elgin keeper. 2nd half we were under the cosh due to some lapses in conversation, and our entire midfield disappearing up front when it wasn;t necessary trying to glory hunt for a goal; elgin then countering.

Hopefully we'll improve in the next 2weeks, and by the looks of things Elgin could be pushing for the 2nd division!!

Blackies goal was very well taken, lovely to watch, the boy's a star and that better not be the last goal I see him score for us (Brew GTF!) Lovely clouds in the 2nd half  :001:

Not a bad summary Ross, couple of points from my point of view:

thought Dods was out of touch, Johnston beat him to almost every ball.

Wyness tried but it didnt work.

Golly..mmmm, and Donkey Hastings is not the answer, slow and turns like the QE2.

Hart gave us another option with his driving runs.

Mcbain did pretty well i thought-better than Keogh.

Mcallister - headless chicken.

Dargo-very busy, and will get the goals again in my mind.

Overall, a quiet performance, nothing to get excited about bar Blacks superb goal, and Barrys volleys which were saved by the best player in Elgins team, No sign of any new faces though!

OK OK OK OK, ...........I'll shift my post to this thread then.

Elgin 0-2 ICT

Lets just hope it was preseason warm ups, because this was pretty hapless stuff. Dargo netted from close range lifting the ball into the roof of the net with a poachers goal middle of first half. Bazza had two tremendous volleys within ten seconds of each other stopped with equally tremendous saves from the pink keeper, and Wyness had a header well saved as well, with the rebound dropping behind him.  Black curled a neat shot into the roof of the net from 18 yards before half time and thus endeth the scoring. Lots of subs in second half with Hart adding a bit of thrust to the midfield but no further goals. Elgin had a couple of opportunities to score but Brown blocked them. Lets just hope that the weary Italian legs get re-charged before the season starts and Denzil shows a bit more effort than on display tonight.

However, it was only a kick about on a breezy summers evening, maybe when the real thing starts, we are firing on all cylinders. Started the game with much and such our best eleven, Caff playing in Tokeleys position. Dods Munro and Golly made up the defence, Wilson Keogh, Black and Morgan, with Dargo and Wyness up front. Second half plenty os subs saw Hastings, Duncan, Macallister, Russeldhino, and probably some others, but we lacked ideas all round. still a wee workout for the few who turned up, maybe three hundred or so.

Blackies goal was very well taken, lovely to watch, the boy's a star and that better not be the last goal I see him score for us (Brew GTF!) Lovely clouds in the 2nd half  :001:

I would'nt take too much notice of rumours.  :003: Was it the Moray weed that caused the clouds? Where was Proctor?

One of the stewards showed me the team lineups including subs, and we used all our subs apart from the Goalie Smith. Therefore Fox, Bayne, Sutherland, Proctor, Fraser, Parrat all weren't there.

One thing that did give me some pleasure was that there was plenty of talking in the side

Ross P has posted it  :004:

Brown

Caff Dods Munro (Hastings) Golly

Wilson (Hart) Keogh (Duncan) Black (McBain) Morgan (McAllister)

Wyness Dargo (McAllister)

I thought Morgan came off as well - am I missing a sub or got someone muddled up?

EDITED: Changes to line up

The other players were up against Huntly last night.

We won 3 - 1

Two from Foxy and one from Donaldson after going 1 down in the second minute.

3 trialists in huntly game mra,mr b+mr c :015:

A young ICT side including first team squad members Michael Fraser, Liam Fox, Tom Parrott, Zander Sutherland and Stuart Soane defeated a strong Huntly side last night at Christie Park, Huntly.

ICT got off to the worst start possible when a Guy Kerr mistake resulted in Huntly taking the lead in only two minutes with a good finish from striker Matt Gairns.

We then did well to work our way back into the match and in 21 minutes Garry Wood was fouled in the box by recent Huntly signing Bryan Dlugonski.  Liam Fox stepped up to send the Huntly goalkeeper the wrong way and ICT drew level.  Five minutes later Zander Sutherland had to be replaced by David Clark after hurting his ankle in a challenge.

Half -time Score – ICT 1 – Huntly 1

ICT took the lead in the 65th minute with another Liam Fox penalty after David Clark had been upended in the box.  Fox this time put the ball in the opposite corner and past the Huntly substitute goalkeeper.

Trialist C put the finishing touches on a good victory with a third goal in 87 minutes after a accurate cross from the right and a neat finish in a crowded box.

Final Score – ICT 3 – Huntly 1

(4-4-2)

Fraser,

Parratt, Gibb, Kerr, Vigurs

Trialist A, Fox, Soane, Sutherland

Wood, Trialist B

Subs – Clark for Sutherland (24 mins), Gillespie for Trialist A (76 mins), Trialist C for Vigurs (80 mins), Jack for Trialist B (80 mins), Leslie for Wood (80 mins), Pudlezki for Soane (80 mins), MacKenzie for Fraser (85 mins).

Any idea who the trialists were then?
p+j report doesnt mention trialists it names everyone

Fraser,

Parratt, Gibb, Kerr, Vigurs

Trialist A,(b campbell) Fox, Soane, Sutherland

Wood, Trialist B(glass)

Clark for Sutherland (24 mins), Gillespie for Trialist A (76 mins), Trialist C(donaldson) for Vigurs (80 mins), Jack for Trialist B (80 mins), Leslie for Wood (80 mins), Pudlezki for Soane (80 mins), MacKenzie for Fraser (85 mins).

p+j report doesnt mention trialists it names everyone

I understand what BF meant, even if no-one else does

Trialist A = Campbell

Trialist B = Glass

Trialist C = Donaldson

still no idea who any of them are though

Ross P has posted it  :004:

Brown

Caff Dods Munro (Hastings) Golly

Wilson (Hart) Keogh (Duncan) Black (McBain) Morgan

Wyness Dargo (McAllister)

I thought Morgan came off as well - am I missing a sub or got someone muddled up?

Feck me. We played the same team at Elgin and Huntly  :015: :015: :015: :015: