Rankin deal off !!

dumpmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be his loss.  He needs to have a word with his agent.  It was a done deal and someone is getting greedy. Whether it's Rankin or his agent I'm not sure.  Sounds like his agent to me.

If on the other hand it's Rankin himself - the last thing we need at ICT is another EGO.  If that's the way they want to play it we should say thanks but no thanks and sign Hoolahan.  Let him spend another season in the first division, then see how wonderful he thinks his agents advice is.

Dont know where the various news media get their stories but it was my understanding, from one newspaper, that Rankins problems are not with an ICT deal but with money he's due from RC. No doubt the real stories will come out but, without the facts, I wouldn't sling mud just yet.

INVERNESS ISSUE ULTIMATUM AFTER RANKIN HITCH 

ANDREW DICKSON

08:50 - 08 July 2006 

Caley Thistle have warned John Rankin's agent he must lower his demands in the next 24 hours or they will drop their interest in the player.

Despite agreeing a £65,000 fee with Ross County for the midfielder on Wednesday, Rankin's protracted transfer had still not been completed last night.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett believes that is down to the 23-year-old's representative, Tom Callaghan, rather than the player himself.

Callaghan had anticipated a rapid conclusion after Caley Jags made their first bid for his client six months ago but, according to Bennett, he is now responsible for the stand-off that has ensued.

Bennett said: "There is no movement and we seem to be in stalemate just now. The agent is not letting things go through because he does not think it is right for the player.

"He seems to think the terms we are offering are not good enough but whether John is saying that is another matter.

I would suggest that the last section says it all

We were brave and fearless,and went to watch this match today (after  all it was live football ) and there is only so much you can watch on TV. The match itself wasn't too bad and it would be helpful to have another player that can aim at the goal and also he seemed to be acurate in his passing. However as a supporter I dont think we want the club to be held ransom over large pay deals. We will watch with interest to see what happens.

If its the player at fault Grassa should tell Rankin to feck off

If its the agent at fault Rankin should tell him to feck off

If its County at fault ICT should tell them to feck off

either way ... set a deadline for the next 48-72 hours and move on if it cant be sorted. We dont need the hassle !!! Will it be the same in 2 years time when the contract is to be renewed (or not) ?

remember steven macgarry's agent done something similiar when we tried to sign him a few years ago  and we told him to feck off , he ended up with county  :015: :015: some cracking advise from his agent , take heed rankin

All this news about POTENTIAL deals is wearing pretty thin. Why don't we just keep things low key until the fish is landed! I fully agree with our stance re wages etc but we really don't need to start talking about "...will be joining us in Italy toward the end of the week IF a deal is done". Forget all this and do our business on the qt so we don't end up with egg on our faces. It sounds very like that we are struggling to sign either of these targets and it all comes down to personal terms. Let's not kid ourselves, we still pay the lowest wages in the SPL (not that there is anything wrong in that) so we are only likely to attract players who are permanently out of the picture at an other SPL club and are willing to take a pay cut, a young player not getting a chance at a bigger club and wanting to kick start his career, a promising player in the lower divisions wanting his chance or our own home grown youngsters where we should be channeling far more resources than we are at present. I hope we do get Rankin but let's keep it quiet until the deal is done.

That's a very interesting debate guys, but at the end of the day, it's the dreaded 'agent' who appears to be stalling the move. These people are a cancer within the game and it's just unfortunate that some talented young players are represented by leeches who are out to line their own pockets in preference to doing what's best for the player.

From what I read over the weekend I was lead to believe there was a clause in Rankin's contract saying the agent was to get a % of any future transfer fee.

If this is the case surely Ross County would be liable to pay that as the contract is between them and the player???

It's now also nearly 72 hours after the 24 hour deadline  :017:

I don't think anyone knows. There are too many 'stories' coming about to know which one is to be believed.

Exactly RIG that's why we shouldn't build up our hopes until the deal is done. Maybe we will learn for the future.