Rankin deal off !!

dumpmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this from Grassa himself at the weekend.  John Rankin wants to come to us,  Ross County want him to come to us.  But the agent wants £10,000 from us,  for his part in the deal.  The fee is £65,000 for the player and the agent (Tom Callaghan) wants 10 grand.  For what???  Rankin has been saying outwith the media for months he wants to come to us.  To me it seems like the agent wants 10K for nothing.  Its a shame it has to come to this but Rankin can either get another agent or we should tell him to GTF!

But the agent wants £10,000 from us,  for his part in the deal.

Umm, no!

A agent agrees a contract with a player to be his representative in handling transfers and new contracts. Therefore the agent is an "employee" of that player so any fees the agent wants should come from the player's own pocket. ICT are buying John Rankin the player, not Tom Callaghan the agent.

Like Pele said to McGarry, he's your agent so either you pay him or feck aff!!

I would say you are "spot on" with that, Exiled ICT..... Players should be very wary of signing contracts with agents, and should be absolutely clear as to who receives what in event of a transfer.

This kind of situation should never, ever arise....

[/WE'LL SEAL RANKIN DEAL, SAY CALEY JAGS 

DAVE EDWARDS

08:50 - 12 July 2006 

John Rankin's protracted transfer from Ross County to Caley Thistle should finally be completed before the weekend.

Inverness had agreed a £65,000 fee with their Highland neighbours for the former Manchester United trainee, but then ran into difficulties with the player's agent, Tom Callaghan.

Matters were further complicated by Caley Thistle travelling to Tuscany, Italy, for a training camp, but manager Charlie Christie believes a deal can finally be done.

Christie said yesterday: "The John Rankin thing is still ongoing. I was in close contact with our directors from our training camp in Italy.

"It hasn't been as easy as we had hoped, but transfer negotiations can sometimes be protracted. Things have progressed very well in the last 48 hours and I am very hopeful that something can be done in the next 48 hours."

img]

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Depends on what is in the contract signed between the Agent and Rankin. If it says a certain percentage then I don't see at all why the club should fork out anything else for the Agent. The rub is ...where was his fee supposed to come-from in the contract terms, out of the transfer fee or out of the player's Bank account? :sleep01:

Thus' one of the longest running transfer sagas in the history of Scottish football finally come to an end.

We'll have nothing to talk about now.

iam sure ihe can make up another load of codswallop that six months down the line he,ll say he predicted :017: