Matchday Thread: St Mirren -v- Ict

Scotty

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4046242638a10745262778l.jpg

Praise goes to the police. The coppers that came up and asked us to sit down told us they didnt want to do it but because it was from someone higher up the chain then they had to come up and tell us it. Personally i hope Falkirk at home means the winner stays up and the loser goes down because it will be a fantastic game. Might be cagey at times but all the same. Would love to see us beat the cnuts nxt weekend. I hope the support there will be on a par as yesterday as i have to admit, i was proud to be a part of.

Personally i hope Falkirk at home means the winner stays up and the loser goes down because it will be a fantastic game.

:rotflmao:

90 minutes of excitement is worth years back in Division 1?

No thanks, I want us to be as safe as possible beforehand.

4046242638a10745262778l.jpg

haha thats brilliant! i was having banter with him on the way in.

i wanted to know who was selling programs, he said he would get me one and went on his CB radio...no one answered him, the policeman beside him said maybe its because no one likes you ha!

he did eventually fire in with a program though, so i was chuffed.

great wee guy :rotflmao:

Personally i hope Falkirk at home means the winner stays up and the loser goes down because it will be a fantastic game.

:rotflmao:

90 minutes of excitement is worth years back in Division 1?

No thanks, I want us to be as safe as possible beforehand.

Agreed.

I would much rather the last game of the season being won as a means of bowing out of a difficult season on a high, with safety already been garunteed for us.

I remember that both rossco and Munro have scored this season already but i can't remember who against, anyone know??

p.s why do fanz of other clubs dislike rossco so much??

just for information .... you can get all these sorts of things by choosing the relevant option from the main menu at the top ... there are other parts of this site than just the forum ......

http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/index.php will give you the squad list and you can click on any player to see their stats (accurate from 2004 onwards - still to add previous seasons). This would have told you that Rossco's last goal before this game was on 27th December and it was against Motherwell as another poster mentioned. He also got booked in that game. His last yellow was against Aberdeen so thats the only one since Butcher took over. If you look up Grant, it will show you he scored twice this season ... against the Midden and in Feb against Motherwell (different game than Rossco)

going to http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matches.php will show you the fixture list and after the game, will show you the match stats.

and http://stats.caleythistleonline.com/tpl/index.php will show you the full league table !

Had a great time on Saturday - happiest I've felt after a game in a long time.

The away support was awesome - something the players must have been grateful for judging by the lengthy applause they gave us at the end. Haha, loved the singing in Central station, and out on the streets with the Raith fans.

The away support was awesome - something the players must have been grateful for judging by the lengthy applause they gave us at the end.

Not sure what has brought about the increasing realisation by the squad that they could actually acknowledge the fans. There was certainly very little of it in the past, barring a few players who did have a modicum of decency, regardless of the amount of noise generated and the final result. For whatever reason, it's good to see it though. Very annoying to be standing with your throat bleeding at the end of a game, only for the players to disappear down the tunnel without even turning around.

Watched the TV highlights this morning and that put a smile on my face. Dodgy first goal, but must have been over the line or the Midden players would have complained long and hard. As for Tokely's goal, a beauty ! Commentator said he was a bit clumsy but what I saw was someone - a defender - who managed to control it, take a touch and then fire it through a ruck of players into the net. absolutely superb .... especially against that mob.

Had a good laugh at the thread on B&W too ... Buddieup and HSS seem to have given us a little credit

buddieup: How much time did Tokely get to score? He is a defender and still managed to control it and used time to pick his spot. Disgraceful....... To be fair, I'm going to give a special mention to the ICT fans. That wee group sang their heart out for 90 minutes. Even though I'm gutted and angry about the result as anyone, their team deserved to win and it was nice to see at least one group of genuine fans go home happy.

HSS: As much as I hate that p**** Tokely I have to say he had a great game

but BobbyF is a little bitter :rotflmao:

BobbyF: Annoying that Black was there to clear the ball off the line when he should have been sent off 20 minutes earlier. The tackle he got the yellow for in the first half was a shocket. But several pieces of dissent and time-wasting (once kicking the ball 50 yards away right in front of the ref) all went unpunished. Couldn't believe Imrie's cheating and play acting. I knew ICT were thugs (nice stamp on the keeper by Tokely - ignored by Conroy of course), but don't remember them having quite so many cheats.

BobbyF: Annoying that Black was there to clear the ball off the line when he should have been sent off 20 minutes earlier. The tackle he got the yellow for in the first half was a shocket. But several pieces of dissent and time-wasting (once kicking the ball 50 yards away right in front of the ref) all went unpunished. Couldn't believe Imrie's cheating and play acting. I knew ICT were thugs (nice stamp on the keeper by Tokely - ignored by Conroy of course), but don't remember them having quite so many cheats.

Wow, are we Hamilton in disguise? :rotflmao:

lady gaga was playing on the tannoy at half time, and they joined as they did every song at half time....they then carried those songs as chants during the second half. cracked me up!!