Internet Provider

I currently pay ?15 a month to Sky as part of their See, Speak & Surf deal which gives me line rental, unlimited free evening and weekend calls, up to 8Mb broadband (speed tests show connections hit 6mb) with a free wireless router and a 40Gb allowance per month.

Edited by RiG

I currently pay ?15 a month to Sky as part of their See, Speak & Surf deal which gives me line rental, unlimited free evening and weekend calls, up to 8Mb broadband (speed tests show connections hit 6mb) with a free wireless router and a 40Gb allowance per month.

Really :023: you dont pay BT a penny?

My line rental is with Sky and I pay a flat ?10 a month. Our last BT bill for the quarter contained about an extra ?10 - ?15 worth of charges including servicing charge or some fluff like that which made the total bill around ?45 for the quarter. It might only be ?60 saving a year but it's still a saving for the essentially the same service.

Edited by RiG

If we ever get fiber Virgin give you phone line, tv, broadband and mobile phone all for ?50 its as good as having the full package of sky, but with free hd channels and its V+ my grandfather in laws got it, it looks mint and hes got 20mb broadband too......

The chances of us getting cable (never mind fibre!) up here any time soon are slim to none. The latest changes up here exchange wise are TalkTalk have made their LLU available (Inverness Exchange) and BT have upgraded to 21CN (again, Inverness Exchange) - not that anyone other than the network carriers will notice any difference with the upgrade to 21CN but it's progress none the less. Meanwhile the Culloden exchange is pretty much at a stand-still.

My olds live in Cradlehall, they never noticed the differenc from dial up to be honest so they dont care, aslong as they get e-mails they are happy, I live right next to the exchange in Lossiemouth, we've had work done here in the last couple of months and I now get around the 7.5 mark, I dont mind over all, RIG im interested... but i dont think they offer the Surf package over my neck of the woods, you can get a better tv package if you take the surf and talk too.....

My olds live in Cradlehall, they never noticed the differenc from dial up to be honest so they dont care, aslong as they get e-mails they are happy, I live right next to the exchange in Lossiemouth, we've had work done here in the last couple of months and I now get around the 7.5 mark, I dont mind over all, RIG im interested... but i dont think they offer the Surf package over my neck of the woods, you can get a better tv package if you take the surf and talk too.....

I don't think Sky do the same deals up your way (and Inverness) as they do elsewhere. The broadband itself is only a fiver a month but that's because SKY have LLU in the Denburn exchange which serves me in Aberdeen. Sadly, none of the Inverness exchanges have this and as such the only Sky broadband package is Sky Connet which is ?17.99 a month. As a result I have no idea how that affects the See, Speak and Surf package. Guess it would simply make it more expensive.

My folks currently pay ?30 to BT (Yahoo) and get a pathetic 1Mb a second. I am trying to get them off that an onto something else as they are getting abysmal value for money.

Edited by RiG

Had TalkTalk salesman at the door yesterday trying to tell me that as they had taken over Tiscali then I'd be losing Broadband etc very soon and if I didn't want to be left high and dry then I should switch now.

I responded that I had never had any trouble with Tiscali and if TalkTalk who had now taken them over, were the kind of company to leave customers "high and dry" then I'd be looking outwith their group for a provider.

Seeing the guy squirm and listening to him try to backtrack was highly amusing :lol:

Going to give it a few weeks for them to iron out any new installation issues with the LLU and will probably switch to them as it would appear they have no immediate plans to switch Tiscali customers over to the service.