Caley V Clach

Guest ictdave

Guest ictdave

Does anyone know how much the tickets will be for this match.  Its only a testimonial for some clach player on Sunday. (I was told by a mate so dont know his name) Anyone else planning on going

It's a testimonial for Clach striker Bruce McCraw at Grant street park. We will be pushed to beat the ground record of nine thousand set in 1951. Clach were founded in 1896. The Highland Football League was formed in 1893, at the Inverness Workman's Club. The original league consisted of seven teams: Thistle, Caledonian, Clachnacuddin, Forres Mechanics, Union, Citadel and Camerons. Of the original teams, two are still playing in the league today, and two merged to become current SPL outfit Inverness CT. Clach have won the Highland league 18 times, the last two in season 1974-75 and 2003-2004.

McCraw played for ICT in the old third division days. :clapping04:

Bruce and his family were all big Caley fans back in the day.  I don’t know if they now follow ICT or watch Bruce at the Clach but I would urge everyone to head along and support a worthy cause. 

Bruce and his family were all big Caley fans back in the day.  I don’t know if they now follow ICT or watch Bruce at the Clach but I would urge everyone to head along and support a worthy cause. 

Let's not forget that Bruce is also an ex Caley Thistle player. I think I'm right in saying that he had a scoring debut at Arbroath. He deserves his special day.

Is it Sunday?  I thought it was Saturday.
I had Saturday on the fixture list but have now changed it to Sunday after being told it is Sunday .... might be an idea if someone confirmed with club ?

Is it Sunday?   I thought it was Saturday.
I had Saturday on the fixture list but have now changed it to Sunday after being told it is Sunday .... might be an idea if someone confirmed with club ?

ross co game is defiently sat,clach game price is £8 adults £4 kids

It's a testimonial for Clach striker Bruce McCraw at Grant street park. We will be pushed to beat the ground record of nine thousand set in 1951. Clach were founded in 1896. The Highland Football League was formed in 1893, at the Inverness Workman's Club. The original league consisted of seven teams: Thistle, Caledonian, Clachnacuddin, Forres Mechanics, Union, Citadel and Camerons. Of the original teams, two are still playing in the league today, and two merged to become current SPL outfit Inverness CT. Clach have won the Highland league 18 times, the last two in season 1974-75 and 2003-2004.

McCraw played for ICT in the old third division days. :clapping04:

Just a quickie.  If the Higland League was founded in 1893, but Clach were founded in 1896, how come they were one of the original 7 teams?

6-0 to ICT.  2-0 at HT.  Rory (2), Caff, Barry, Denzil and Bayne got the goals.  Jim Calder played in goal for Clach for an entertaining 30 minutes with the Clach tannoy man MOTM.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Somebody mentioned Glass was a Geordie? The number 7, Campbell I think his name is, was very very impressive, terrific pace and all round professional approach, we will be doing well to sign him. A very one sided game though with our fitness telling the story, wasn't too happy with Wyness and McCallister though, Dennis had a couple of classy touches but he looked jaded as did Rory over the 90, Ritchie put in a good shift as did Granty boy and what about that floater free kick by Barry, excellent!! All in all a predictable outcome.

A busy week ahead with the Blue Toon on Tues then Banff on Wednesday, Tokely testimonial on Friday and the icing being County on Saturday.

The number 7, Campbell I think his name is, was very very impressive, terrific pace and all round professional approach, we will be doing well to sign him.

so after this showing hopefully charlie will sign him up,ok it was against clach,but sounds like he did more than others

Wasn't over impressed with Campbell, tended to try and beat the defender one time too often, but he still had a decent game, and he seemed fairly quick, looks about the same build as Dargo and looks about 12. One sided affair as said above. Grant Munro had good game and Hart put in a lot of effort. One left footer tipped onto the crossbar was travelling at some speed. Jimmy Calder made two or three testimonial saves just to show he can still do it. Bayne and Wyness will be down the pecking order if this is the standard they are going to set for the season ahead, neither covering themselves in glory. Caff solid Russeldhino nutmegged one defender and overall dictated the midfield, but still some passes were astray.  All in all, an entertaining if one way traffic game.

Tannoy man "todays official attendance was 400, one dog and a bike":015:class act1

EWS, wikipedia gave me the info, I did wonder, then thought....nobody will notice. If it's not an error, maybe the inception of the club was not formalised/founded till later, only guessing, is ther not something like that with Rangers, being founded a year or two after the club was formed. I will try and find out.