The Boards Role In All This?

SMEE

I just interested to know your thoughts on how much the board should shoulder the blame for the situation we find ourselves in?

I really dont feel postitive that we will get the result we need against Falkirk.

My view is...a large portion of blame (like 70%) must be laid at the feet of the Directors. They were clueless and severly lacked a set of balls between them when it mattered, when it was blatantly obvious to the majority of us that Brewster was sub standard.

Whats your thoughts?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The board have about 80% to blame if we go down. They kept brewster even though we were going know where. TB and MM came in and have down a great job getting 4 points from the OF. If the board got rid of brewster sooner and got TB and MM on board i think we would be at least 7th or 8th

I pritty much agree with what you say.

Brewster should have gone much earlier than he did.

But we have thrown ourselves back amongst this due not protecting leads in the last 2 games.

If we go down then Bennett and the board have to take the blame. Brewster should of been sacked after the Aberdeen game, never have i saw an ICT team lack so much fight. Now im off to try and work out train/bus times for next week...........

I do feel they have to take some responsibility as CB got far too long when it was obvious he wasn't up to the job required. Such a pity about the result today as Terryand Maurice are doing a good job with the players we've got. However, our destiny is still in our own hands.

I believe it's Brewsters fault we're in this situation, which basicly translates to the board's fault for keeping him as manager for so long. Looking back on it, I doubt many other teams would have kept a manager like that for as long!

But lets look on the positive side, WE ARE STAYING UP.

Edited by Iain

I believe it's Brewsters fault we're in this situation, which basicly translates to the board's fault for keeping him as manager for so long. Looking back on it, I doubt many other teams would have kept a manager like that for as long!

But lets look on the positive side, WE ARE STAYING UP.

Most clubs have a better board than we do

I think that's a bit unfair. I think we have always had a hard working board but I do feel the fault this season has been the failure to act against CB sooner. If anything they have been too patient/nice when they should have seen the warning signs and got rid. Getting TB and Mo has been a lifeline to this club even if it may have been too late.

for me the brewster situation and whether he should have had the bullet sooner is secondary to finding the reasons behind why we find ourselves here. i blame the board firstly for the sale of players like nicolae, wyness, and bayne etc and not taking in replacements able to supply the goals which would have seen us clear of all this

I haven't seen what everyone else see's in butcher. as far as i'm concerned he has made some serious errors with player selection. i'm glad to say i haven't jumped onto the butcher ban wagan that most people have hopped onto. people are kidding themselves if they think it's the boards fault we go down, it's not, it's down to the management and players on the park. frankly most of them think they are better than what they are. i.e dougie f**king imrie. there's no excuses we just haven't been good enough.

for me the brewster situation and whether he should have had the bullet sooner is secondary to finding the reasons behind why we find ourselves here. i blame the board firstly for the sale of players like nicolae, wyness, and bayne etc and not taking in replacements able to supply the goals which would have seen us clear of all this

Did we sell Wyness and Bayne??? Thought they signed on a pre-contract

Did we sell Wyness and Bayne??? Thought they signed on a pre-contract

we showed them the door.

In one weeks time the board could be hero's, after all they have one of the most respected managers in Scotland on their books.

I'm not giving relegation a minutes thought, I'm not thinking about contracts or who butcher will bring in this summer.

I'm just thinking about the best game at ICT in years,who to go with and what pubs to go to after.

If we were on 33 points right now and had slowly clawed our way back up the league, being 2 points behind Falkirk,with a chance of survival, every one would be delighted.We didn't guarantee survival on game 37 but we can on game 38.

Don't fear the Falkirk game enjoy it.

The board acted decently when it came to sacking brew, but the real disappointment is in their ticket pricing strategy. This 4 game season ticket is an absolute shambles, and we are the only team in the bottom six to not have offered a significantly reduced ticket price for a game.

Tommorrow moring the board have to come out and state that they will be reducing ticket prices for the falkirk game to ?5 for concessions and ?8 for adults. I fear an embarrasingly low crowd in saturday if not.

In my opinion no blame would attach to the present manager and his assistant should we be relegated next week. Our form since their arrival would have seen us finish sixth if it had been replicated all season.

Some blame but not much, in my view, attaches to the players, they are largely the same group of players as now but were clearly not all 100% committed to the cause in the latter days of the Brewster regime. Most are mature seasoned professionals and should take some personal responsibility no matter their erstewhile manager's shortcomings.

I may not be in the majority but I don't much blame Brewster either he was a hopeless manager, coach and tactician but that's not his fault all he could do was his best. I've no reason to believe he didn't try as hard as he could and that's all that we can ask of anybody.

Like a number of others, I blame David Sutherland and the board. Mr Sutherland in the past has made a number of prudent and selfless decisions which have been to the benefit of the club and there is a strong argument that the club would not exist, at least as a full time football club, without his prudence and largess in the past.

However, in the matter of Craig Brewster those charged with the management of the club have been untypically negligent both in his initial reappointment and also in retaining his services for far too long when certainly by November it was clear to all others concerned that he was not up to the task and that if he remained in post we were doomed to relegation.

at the end of the day, we should never have brought brewster back. he put a well-respected team like Dundee Utd in the relegation zone, what was he going to do with a smaller club like ICT.

The board certainly have a part of the blame, without doubt. Fans were asking for his head after our 6th game defeated, who ever thought the board would wait until 12 games or whatever it was!

Aye, the board have a lot to answer for. They are the real architects of the current situation and if right was right they'd be called to account. They won't be and even if we go down (WE WON'T !) they'll still be stuffing themselves with half-time buffets with their freeloading chums in the director's box at our expense.

In my opinion no blame would attach to the present manager and his assistant should we be relegated next week. Our form since their arrival would have seen us finish sixth if it had been replicated all season.

Some blame but not much, in my view, attaches to the players, they are largely the same group of players as now but were clearly not all 100% committed to the cause in the latter days of the Brewster regime. Most are mature seasoned professionals and should take some personal responsibility no matter their erstewhile manager's shortcomings.

I may not be in the majority but I don't much blame Brewster either he was a hopeless manager, coach and tactician but that's not his fault all he could do was his best. I've no reason to believe he didn't try as hard as he could and that's all that we can ask of anybody.

Like a number of others, I blame David Sutherland and the board. Mr Sutherland in the past has made a number of prudent and selfless decisions which have been to the benefit of the club and there is a strong argument that the club would not exist, at least as a full time football club, without his prudence and largess in the past.

However, in the matter of Craig Brewster those charged with the management of the club have been untypically negligent both in his initial reappointment and also in retaining his services for far too long when certainly by November it was clear to all others concerned that he was not up to the task and that if he remained in post we were doomed to relegation.

Actually I think Butcher & Malpas will deserve some of the blame if we do get relegated.

Given the situation when they came on board they achieved a minor miracle in getting us off the bottom. However, consistently poor team selections have taken us form the verge of safety back to the brink of relegation. We can't pin that on clueless Craig

Actually I think Butcher & Malpas will deserve some of the blame if we do get relegated.

Given the situation when they came on board they achieved a minor miracle in getting us off the bottom. However, consistently poor team selections have taken us form the verge of safety back to the brink of relegation. We can't pin that on clueless Craig

complately agree, at the end of the day it's football...it's simple one team has to score more goals than the other and its the managers duty to play his best 11 in the appropriate positions, if he does not do this then the manager has to take at least 50% of the blame and then same to the players. If people want to kid themselves and blame it on the board then go on but your just delusional. People need to wake up and realise this, butcher and brew both have done pretty poor jobs when you look at the actual facts which are the lack of points on the board from both managers. people just look stupid if they want to argue with facts. you could say butcher did well when he came first came in but now he has almost chucked it all away. he has to take a huge chunk of the blame as at end of the day it was his job to keep us up...NOONE elses.

Edited by CaleyP

I blame the board 80% Brew and Malky 20%

Board as they should have sacked Brew much earlier and never even re hired him in the first place.

Brew and Malky as they simply just didn't have a clue.

If we are relegated then the board have som serious questions to answer and i hope they are all fired.

Is sutherland actually a foorball fan or purely in it for his own gain/benefit?

I think David Sutherland is on a monster ego trip and ICT is just one of his oulets for him to spout forth.