Lionel

Did he not kick one off the line as well??

From the video highlights the guy seemed cool, confident and played some really fast football going forward--- put some nice balls into the box too. Very impressive stuff.

Put Lionel on the left wing and tell him to run like fun.....can't lose. He is too big and fast to stop and he can cross a ball.

The way Falkirk played last saturday , so lethargic and insipid, he could be our winner.

Put Lionel on the left wing and tell him to run like fun.....can't lose. He is too big and fast to stop and he can cross a ball.

The way Falkirk played last saturday , so lethargic and insipid, he could be our winner.

Exactly right. Lionel has something a lot of others don't. Speed, crossing, passing, strength, height,. Imagine if you let him run at the opposing full backs for 90 minutes, he would cause them nowt but trouble and unless the full back can run like the wind, if he gets past them he won't be caught. Also sticking him at left wing would mean that he wouldn't get caught out of position when the opposition team attack. Now chances are the right full back for Falkirk on Saturday will be Lee Bullen, who if I remeber correctly from the last time I saw him play is rather slow. Do you go with Lionel at left wing to get countless attacks down the wings, and also cutting Bullen off in the process? I don't know if that's the right thing to do in a game of this magnitude, but I'm almost certain that it would work.

It would but I'm just worried about our alternatives at LB also if you put Imrie to left wing he also has the pace to get by Bullen and you never know he might just lift his head and pick out a perfect pass.

I dont like your sig cal234ey ;)

SHOW CAL234EY THE RED CARD

OFF TOPIC **

I dont like Lionle as a player, i think he has done more bad than good to our club, although the below posts will have me quoted, i really dislike him. I dont know why everyone is going on about him now because he didnt look confident(thats not debateable btw) at the Kilmarnock game. Its really sad to see one of our legendary players get replaced with a rubbish player in comparison.

Thats just like Dougie Imrie replacing Christano Ronaldo!

Edited by caleymad

Still think he'll be the one with the almight feck up that will cost us our place in the league. 1-0 to a 90th min penalty courtesy of the big man!

Don't be daft...

Mike Fraser would comfortably save a 90th minute penalty... :crazy03:

Strange how 82% of those who voted can be so wrong about the guy. They made him either man of the match or second choice after the Killie game.

IMO he has become a far better player in the last few months than ever he was.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Strange how 82% of those who voted can be so wrong about the guy. They made him either man of the match or second choice after the Killie game.

IMO he has become a far better player in the last few months than ever he was.

There is no argument that is correct, however, even for me a Lionel fan, he does lack concentration at times and this, I think is what frightens his attackers on here but he has improved.

I would suggest that Grantie has cost us as many goals since Butcher has arrived, as Lionel has. I would also disagree that he finds Lionel a problem playing alongside him. I think, like Rossco, Lionel is his own man and maybe Grantie is the weaker link at the back, not always covering for the left, whereas Rossco still covers for the right.

Still think he'll be the one with the almight feck up that will cost us our place in the league. 1-0 to a 90th min penalty courtesy of the big man!

I am now really regretting my "prophecy" earlier in the year. Lionel really was the pick of the bunch against Killie - if I voted on the smileys and the POY he fewckin must have been !! - and I really, really hope that he keeps his nerve fer ONE more game - If he does I will give him a big hug - as well as Lizi. :lol:

I would suggest that Grantie has cost us as many goals since Butcher has arrived, as Lionel has. I would also disagree that he finds Lionel a problem playing alongside him. I think, like Rossco, Lionel is his own man and maybe Grantie is the weaker link at the back, not always covering for the left, whereas Rossco still covers for the right.

I am sorry but his positional sense at times is woeful - watch and you will see Grant manually operating him at times

Granty has had a bad season, made worse by the fact that he hasn't had a permanent partner in central defence. Lionel is sublime one moment and then the next moment you just wish he would lump the ball as far as he can; and his positional sense is the worst i have seen in a long time, see kevin kyle goal at the weekend.

then again lionel is the most entertaining and skillful player i have seen in a long time, (aside from the victorious tokely of course) and if he can just work on the basics for a while the team has a very good attacking wing-back.

It's the Manager's responsibility to play Lionel in a position where his talents can come to the fore and there is a limitation to the damage that can result form mistakes.

Considering the number of times this athletic hardworking man has done things right and saved the team's bacon, usually at the last ditch moment ,over the past several games I hope that the slagging posters on here will go easy on him next season. Personally speaking I find it baffling to say the least that these posters cannot even see this when it is staring them in the face.

Meantime, Terry, the Scarlet Pimple and Renegade recommend a spell on the left wing for Lionel on Saturday to allow all of the above to work. A rampaging bull in Falkirk's china shop would cause enough shock and awe to satisfy the most rabid fan I muse........ :024:

Kind regards Terry from Western Canada and the very best of luck in two days time.

go Lionel go. :lol: