Rankin Signs

ymip

According to the official site the deal has finally been done.

A decent signing imho. I just hope the lad is given time to settle in before the whingers start casting up the price tag.

Hopefully not the last signing this Summer.....

HERE ARE TWO PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS

« on: May 02, 2006, BY IHE :011: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am reliably informed that Brewster has made an official approach to ICT and has laid now the ammount of money he is currently been backed with by the Grocer. At the present time and I cannot see it changing, Black and Proctor will be at Tannadice next season. Brew cannot afford Dargo or Machine and we have already put in another bid fer Rankin. Rankin fer Black makes good business sense to me.

« on: June 30, 2006, BY IHE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Behind doors it is finally done and dusted. Took a feckin long time but we have finally got our man. 

Just look at the feckin dates  :010: :010: :010:

I will refrain from saying I told you so.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Now fer the Aquifer.

Maybe it's just me but you almost seem happy that Black and Proctor might be going to Yinted IHE and I can't understand why - is it simply so you can say I told you so?

As for Rankin, you said the deal was signed sealed and delivered on the 30th of June but as we well know it was anything but.

Sportinglife story

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have signed midfielder John Rankin from Ross County.

The 22-year-old has penned a three-year deal and joins for an undisclosed but club record fee, following protracted talks.

The former Manchester United youth player was named First Division player of the year last season and is now desperate to test himself in the Bank of Scotland Premier League.

He said: "I have made no secret of my wish to play in the SPL and it's a great thrill to pull on a Caley Thistle shirt.

"I'm relieved that it's all over and I can get training with my new team-mates.

"I'm grateful to Ross County for allowing me to leave and I'm looking forward to pushing for my place in the first SPL game against St Mirren at Inverness on July 29."

Inverness manager Charlie Christie has backed his new recruit to be a success at the Caledonian Stadium.

He said: "The lad has long made it clear he wants to play in the SPL and we're very pleased to give him that opportunity.

"He's a quality performer who can score goals from midfield and is a very important addition to our squad.

"Donald Park and I have monitored him for some time and we look forward to John working with the rest of the squad in the pre-season work."

Director of football Graeme Bennett added: "This club is not in the habit of paying transfer fees but the board was more than willing to invest to bring in someone of this calibre to assist us in our third SPL campaign."

Maybe it's just me but you almost seem happy that Black and Proctor might be going to Yinted IHE and I can't understand why - is it simply so you can say I told you so?

As for Rankin, you said the deal was signed sealed and delivered on the 30th of June but as we well know it was anything but.

The deal was initially, in principle, agreed in January 2006. The agreement was finalised on 30/06/06. What then ensued was all the contractual wrangles.

I would rather keep Black, not so bothered about Proctor. I am only "reporting" as I have been informed and way, way, way in front of anybody else.. The real fans should be kept abreast of all the behind the scene shennanigans and Oim yer man :015: :015:

The absolute fact, and Brewster has made no qualms about it, is that Brew wanted Dods, Dargo, Black and Proctor. And he is still interested in the latter two. So far I have been spot on as I have actually not been on the wind up this time. I actually hope I am wrong but I have been hurt by comments of the doubters.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

[move]READ BETWEEN THE LINES. FACT OR WIND UP??  :015: :015: :015:[/move]

Is it just me or does that picture look like CC is holding a cardboard cut-out and someone is kneeling behind holding the shirt?  :015:

So we still haven't signed Rankin then!  :006:

does any body know what squad number rankin has been given

Squad numbers not assigned for anyone yet AFAIK although you can take a pretty good guess at some of them ....

my guess would be that Wyness will take No.8 that was vacated by Hissy and was his number when he was with us before and that Rankin will take No.11 that was Juanjo's squad number. Other players may change numbers but I think Brown will retain 1, Tokely will retain 2, Dods will retain 4 and Wilson will keep 7

my guess would be that Wyness will take No.8 that was vacated by Hissy and was his number when he was with us before and that Rankin will take No.11 that was Juanjo's squad number. Other players may change numbers but I think Brown will retain 1, Tokely will retain 2, Dods will retain 4 and Wilson will keep 7

What about Granty. Don't you all think it's about time he got rid of no 14!