29th at the Innes/match

Dmacca

Purchased my tickets today for myself & family(5) for St Mirren game, as stated before would be good to have a few beers in the Innes before game get abit of the pre match atmosphere, so if anybody can spare abit of time to ask the landlord(Colin) if it is ok to bring family in before match kids aged 12 8 & 7 i would be very gratefull, or if anyone brings there kids in before game let me know, also would be good to meet a few of the names on here, if anybody up for that.

Thanks in advance Dmacca...Dar. (travelling up on the friday from Bristol for the Game)

Dars, I thought I said on a previous post that youngsters have been in the bar pre-match. Probably not after match though. You could ask when you are in before the game if you would be allowed in afrter for a while. Last couple of seasons youngsters accompanied with parents have been present prior to games, I see no reason this would have changed, but I will ask before you come up.

Dars, I thought I said on a previous post that youngsters have been in the bar pre-match. Probably not after match though. You could ask when you are in before the game if you would be allowed in afrter for a while. Last couple of seasons youngsters accompanied with parents have been present prior to games, I see no reason this would have changed, but I will ask before you come up.

Unless things have changed radically, there will be 0% chance of after match entry for the kids. Colin has been asked this many times and the answer was always the same. It has something to do with the laws surrounding letting kids in with their parents only when food is available. No food available on Saturday nights so no kids allowed.

I think Dmacca knows this from the posts on the other thread but is hoping one of you guys who go into the Innes can confirm with Colin or Scooby to save him from a potentially wasted journey to the Innes when he could be in the social club or somewhere else  :004:

I can confirm that Colin is very accomodating and usually allows kids in pre-match.  Not for the bigger games though where he now needs to have door staff.  No children or away fans allowed for these matches.

After the game is a definite NO NO as Scotty says.  They don't have a licence for children as they don't do food on Saturdays.

On the 'No Kids' days we just go across to the Portland which is usually quite quiet both pre and post match.  No match for the Innes banter though. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 29th.

Not for the bigger games though where he now needs to have door staff.  No children or away fans allowed for these matches.

No worries for the 29th then  :015: :015: :015: ..... and I remember when St Mirren was a BIG game  :016:

The licencing laws in Scotland allow children into bars that have either a family licence, i.e they have an area seperate from the main bar and they have toilet facilities etc suitable for children, or a food licence where the children can come in for a meal with adults.

As far as the Innes is concerned the licence allows the serving of food monday to friday. Colin doesn't want a food licence at weekends because the bar is usually too busy with football fans. Technically children are not allowed in on a saturday but Colin and Scooby turn a blind eye, pre-match, for most of the games. For the bigger games, i.e Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic the police stipulate what is required as part of their crowd control plans. They demand doorpersons, no mixed fans and no colours to be displayed in the bars. Colin doesn't allow children on these days because the police could pay a visit to ensure he's abiding by their rules.

Hope that makes the situation clear for all.

themann:

soz mate did realize that you had said before match in the Innes with kids should be ok, Scotty had suggested that maybe one of the regulars might ask Colin to confirm that this would be the case on the day and also to confirm that there would be no chance after the game, and let me know before hand. My main priority is before the match to make a good day of it, get some atmosphere etc.

thanks again for the help and advice all. Dar (Dmacca)        :notworthy01: