Not All The Damage Was Under Brewster

Kingsmills

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy with Butcher's selection until after the split, the only reason Michael Fraser played must have been because Butcher fell out with Esson who has been our most reliable goalkeeper for years, Fraser can't catch a cross in his own 6 yard box. That is why he has had only one clean sheet this season. I'm also baffled by why Mihadjuks was dropped he is the person who got our defence sorted almost more than Butcher, Roscoe and Munro are big strong centre-backs but they have no pace and that is why Roscoe got sent off on Saturday. Finally i don't have a clue why he dropped Russel Duncan who really gave the defense more cover than Brian Kerr I've barely noticed Kerr get a tackle in let alone get past Duncan's standards. After the split this would have been my line up

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Djebi-Djadi

Proctor Black Duncan Imrie

Morais Foran

Or the Imrie Odhiambo combination worked really well before the split, but of course Butcher knows better than me

I don't know what the story is regarding Butcher and Esson but I would be very disappointed to think that he might have let any personal bitterness which may have developed between the two stand in the way of fielding our most reliable 'keeper.

I don't know what the story is regarding Butcher and Esson but I would be very disappointed to think that he might have let any personal bitterness which may have developed between the two stand in the way of fielding our most reliable 'keeper.

He was our most reliable keeper...

At the very least we are surely entitled to an explanation as to why he was dropped.

For sure Butcher got some things wrong ( Esson dropped, Pav dropped, Imrie up front) but in the short space of time he had he did a million times better than Brewster.

What if we hadn't switched off immediately after Imries free kick at Tynecastle? What if Foran had scored yesterday? What if we'd have just held out another 10 minutes against Motherwell? What if we'd have turned up for the second half of the Motherwell game up here, after we'd played them off the park in the first? It's all ifs and buts, but the stark reality is we were the worst team in the league.

Until Foran arrived we played the whole season chopping and changing a non scoring firing line. We had a defence who consistently leaked stupid goals, and looked in total disarray throughout the season.

A **** defence and a **** strikeforce=trouble.

The time to judge Butcher will be this time next year. Aye, we're all hurting after yesterday, but lets not forget the fact that most of us had us down for relegation certs during Brewsters last couple of months. To get to yesterday with our destiny in our own hands was a remarkable transformation in my opinion.

How about accepting, barring some of those that arrived during the last transfer window, that the players bear some of the responsibility in this?