ironworks

strathyjags

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Johnboy but smoking's obligatory at my parties, and there's no sweat running down the windows, don't think you'd like it  :015:

I suppose the blistering heat from all those thousands of people lighting up their fags was the reason for the extreme sweatiness?  :015:

My theory is that smokers are generally unhealthy and therefore also fat. The reduced heat since the smoking ban is due to less fat, sweaty smokers going there. And a knock-on effect is less BO too  :001:

An interesting theory, Hamish.... and could be a plausible explanation. Has anyone else felt that bars in general are less sweaty since the smoking ban kicked in.... Did high concentrations of tobacco smoke tend to create a sweaty atmosphere?

I don't think smokers have stopped going out completely since the smoking ban, what p1sh! But it adds weight to my theory that too much listening to carp american rawk rots your brain.  :017:

Mee, go back to listening to the SOAD album you downloaded  :001: Despite you saying that you didn't like it, I know you've fallen in love with it and are secretly listening to it at every opportunity  :001: :001: It's OK, embrace you're now found taste in music!  :001: :001: :001:

More evidence, yuo're mad if you think I d/l a whole album and the track I did d/l is in the recycle bin already, no room on my HD for that p1sh. If anyone could do with embracing some music taste its you!

Or maybe because its near the site of the old foundry? If its just for heavy metal bands they'll be bust by christmas  :015:

That end of the town should become busier over the next few months with a much better nightlife in the city, with the Ironworks opening, the new nightclub in Rose Street opening within the next 2 months, and RAGS which is a pretty decent venue... anything has to be better than Inverness's current apauling nightlife!!

Or maybe because its near the site of the old foundry? If its just for heavy metal bands they'll be bust by christmas  :015:
highly unlikely heavy metal is huge in uk,bands like iron maiden who have been on the go well over 25 years have just sold out a massive european tour in hrs,some 35000 seater venues in stockholm+gothenburg sold out in 10 mins,can the same be said for the peat bog faries?? :015: :006:

A venue catering for just heavy metal bands in Inverness would last a week!

This venue will need to cater for all music tastes, hopefully they will get some decent acts up, so far line up is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

And charging a tenner to get in every night, even for local bands that nobody has heard off...??! A bit odd!

So you think the likes of Iron maiden are going to be playing a 1200 capacity venue on a weekly basis Marty?   :017:
no i didnt mean that,but u said if ironworks hired only metal bands it would fold not true,metal is very popular uk wide,and i would bet out of the list of all bands booked at ironworks so far maiden scotland will sell more tickets/be most popular band they have

A venue catering for just heavy metal bands in Inverness would last a week!

This venue will need to cater for all music tastes, hopefully they will get some decent acts up, so far line up is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

And charging a tenner to get in every night, even for local bands that nobody has heard off...??! A bit odd!

true but i bet the metal bands they do hire are very popular

The Ironworks would go bust if they hired only metal bands, there aren't enough idiots in the highlands to supply the audiences.  I've a mate who works all over the highlands at gigs and festivals and most of them are woefully under attended, apart from events like Rockness, and the tradional folk circuit. Thats where the money will be made, if it works. How often are you going to see a metal tribute band at a cost of 15 - 20 quid a time?

The Ironworks would go bust if they hired only metal bands, there aren't enough idiots in the highlands to supply the audiences.  I've a mate who works all over the highlands at gigs and festivals and most of them are woefully under attended, apart from events like Rockness, and the tradional folk circuit. Thats where the money will be made, if it works. How often are you going to see a metal tribute band at a cost of 15 - 20 quid a time?
so everyone hwo like metal is a idiot now are they? i think the same of dance/dj music fans :006: funny i didnt see any metal tribute bands charging £15-20 there only £10,but most people here are iggnorant to anything metal,they imagine thiss stereo type long haired guy who growls and is a junkie/allcie couldnt be further from the truth

true a metal only venue in sneck would go bust,but same could be said for a folk or dance music only venue,thats hwy they have a range of all musics and tastes :006:

but u said if ironworks hired only metal bands it would fold not true

true a metal only venue in sneck would go bust

Make your mind up!

And there's a much better chance of a dance or folk only venue staying open than one that caters for heavy metal!

And there's a much better chance of a dance or folk only venue staying open than one that caters for heavy metal!
not really no i have spoken to numerous metal fans from sneck and surrounding area,and if ur not  aware of them u dont know they exists beleive me it would do as well if not better htna both a dance and folk venue

I do know a few metal fans who travel far and wide to see their favourite bands, and not one of them would pay to see a tribute band.

Have you made your mind up yet as to whether it would fold or not?  :015: :015: :015:

I do know a few metal fans who travel far and wide to see their favourite bands, and not one of them would pay to see a tribute band.
well i can assure u maiden scotland play to crowds of 500+ at most of there gigs,so 500+ people must pay to see them,i myself have done on a few occasions,pointless arguing anymore u seem to think u know all about the metal scene

Marty, you don't need anyone to argue with, you do that quite well with yourself! You still haven't answered my question, have you made your mind up whether it would fold or not?  :015:

And you don't need to be an expert on the metal scene to see the basic economics of running a venue. Theres no way theres enough metal fans willing to part with their money week in week out to keep a venue going on heavy metal alone.